Thread: Best Bat-wife

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm not sure what this means?

They have an attraction, but it's never been more than superficial for me. Bruce likes the bad girls he can try to reform, Talia I think loves the idea of him and the potential freedom he represents from her father, but they don't have much in common. And I think his blind spot means he lets her off the hook more than he should, whereas someone like Gail Simone's Black Canary has a much less favorable view of her after she attempted to emotionally manipulate Black Alice in a pretty cruel way.

But I'm pretty biased, I've never cared for the Al Ghuls all that much period.

I mean Talia's character didn't take a 180-degree turn during Morrison's run. Bruce probably was only attracted to her and he thought he might change her as you said.

She wanted freedom from his fathers' shackles but she was bound to LoA and I don't think she was ever gonna leave her responsibility from them one way or another and that she realized more after death and maidens. She can only have her freedom if Bruce kills her father and took his place but he wasn't gonna kill Ra's.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-23-2020 at 03:26 PM.