Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You're back in high school but with a twist

You are back in high school, but before starting it all over again, you are given the option for two different abilities :

A. You know every pick-up line, ever and the timing and opportune moment in which to drop them to any girl (or guy) you like.

B. You can sing any song (in all languages), ever, pitch-perfect (even Bohemian Rhapsody) and even perfectly mime the voice of the original artist who sang the song.

Which do you choose?

...neither?

If forced, I would choose B. I'm happy with the decisions that led to my wife. But perfect singing might be lucrative
    :P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 03-10-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    perfect singing might be lucrative
    Agreed. Put me down for B.

As I can sing any song ever, I assume that means songs I've heard but which, since the reset, haven't been written yet?

That's a record deal or two if I'm willing to plagiarize from future history....

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'd also take the singing. That's way more useful since it effectively translates to a loose omnicompetency of all languages on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Agreed. Put me down for B.

As I can sing any song ever, I assume that means songs I've heard but which, since the reset, haven't been written yet?

That's a record deal or two if I'm willing to plagiarize from future history....
    Wow. Plagiarising the future. Mind blown, but I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'd also take the singing. That's way more useful since it effectively translates to a loose omnicompetency of all languages on earth.
    Only in terms of pronunciation, not comprehension, but that alone is useful.

Yeah, Imma go singing as well.

As Mr Social Awkwardness, for all I know I already had the right lines to deliver to girls, but I never had the confidence to use them. So even if you gave me that ability, I’d still have questioned myself and turned to jelly. Or assumed that if they DID like me there was probably something wrong with them that I hadn’t know about, so I’d go off them (to kinda go all Groucho Marx-y, I used to almost think ‘why would I want to be with anyone whose standards are so low they’d actually like me?’).

Yeah... I had some some pretty fierce confidence issues around that time, at least where that side of things was concerned. o_0

Jesus Christ. Imagine becoming "that famous singer who sounds like Barry White AND Ariana Grande".

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You are back in high school, but before starting it all over again, you are given the option for two different abilities :

A. You know every pick-up line, ever and the timing and opportune moment in which to drop them to any girl (or guy) you like.

B. You can sing any song (in all languages), ever, pitch-perfect (even Bohemian Rhapsody) and even perfectly mime the voice of the original artist who sang the song.

Which do you choose?
    Seeing that I have no actual use for A, I choose B and attempt to make extra money as a cover artist / impersonator.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

B and I shall become the Next Weird Al Yankovic!
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sadly, in my high school, neither skill would be very useful. it was very corrupt and very ghetto.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

You are back in high school -
    [Interdimensional Grapple Gun] *choof*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Am I back in my past life? I'd take A but I would use my knowledge to become stinking rich - Back to the Future II - Biff plan.

I wouldn't want to be in high school nowadays - without a power ring or Kryptonian stats.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    by that logic, knowing the perfect pick up lines should let you give pick up lines in any language.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    ANY Song.

What I'm noticing is no limitations on "Real World" or even "physically possible" so I could have some fun with Bardic Performances, Ithonian songs, or The Song of Creation that Aslan rocked Narnia into existence with.

Barring some Goddess of Magic showing up for me to go all Eliminister on, B looks WAY more powerful than A on as strictly RAW basis.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

High school was uneventful....But I'll choose singing.

The pick up line thing just feel like something I'll cringe over when I grow up. At least the singing would probably make something more on my end outside my rather boring years in high school (moved to another state during Sophomore year, mind you)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    by that logic, knowing the perfect pick up lines should let you give pick up lines in any language.
    Only if you're hitting on someone in their mother tongue.

On the South Coast of England in the early 2000s? Not a huge amount of ethnic diversity. The singing is much more applicable.