Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Demons....did you mean vampires?Unless I missed an issue there has been no demonic enemy so far
    Literally the Arakko prophecy stuff was all about demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    On a side note, has anyone made a list of just how many threats are going on right now? I mean we got:

Demons
    Otherworld
    Plant Grannies whose name escapes me
    Plant people Beast failed to kill because he is trying to emulate his AoA counterpart in a poor manner
    Peacock guy and his group who skinned Domino
    The former Hellfire brats
    Orchis
    The Children of the Vault
    Mystique and probably soon to come Destiny
    Shaw and his plans against Frost
    Sinister more than likely
    More than likely the Shi'ar once they see Vulcan (Another side note within the sidenote...what happened to Deathbird and her kid? And should Vulcan be made aware of it?)

Did i miss anyone?
    It may need a fresh update but here you go:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-of-Dawn-of-X
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It may need a fresh update but here you go:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-of-Dawn-of-X
    I may have missed it but I didn't see any mention of the Titan activity behind Gladiator's decision to put Xandra on the Shi'ar throne so he can get back into the field with the Imperial Guard.

If the Black Hole Superintelligences are starting to stir in obvious ways it could well signal that Rasputin's decision to expose the Black Hole inside Xorn's brain back before Life 9 was reset was a BIG mistake.

This is just a theory but I figure they took the egg to piss off the Starjammers (I could be way off because as I stated before I don't read New Mutants) and Sunspot is acting like a douche because he doesn't know yet that they have inadvertently put Krakoa (and by entering the Earth) in danger from a legion of angry Brood.

On a side note, has anyone made a list of just how many threats are going on right now? I mean we got:

Demons
    Otherworld
    Plant people Beast failed to kill because he is trying to emulate his AoA counterpart in a poor manner
    Orchis
    More than likely the Shi'ar once they see Vulcan (Another side note within the sidenote...what happened to Deathbird and her kid? And should Vulcan be made aware of it?)

Did i miss anyone?
    If mutants are all going to be on the same page for the most part than they needed to make new enemies most of which being humans

This is just a theory but I figure they took the egg to piss off the Starjammers (I could be way off because as I stated before I don't read New Mutants) and Sunspot is acting like a douche because he doesn't know yet that they have inadvertently put Krakoa (and by entering the Earth) in danger from a legion of angry Brood.

Demons
    Otherworld
    Orchis

Did i miss anyone?
    Clan Akkaba (Excalibur)
    Doom (X-Men vs. FF)
    Dracula (Wolverine)
    Costa Perdita druglords (Brisson's NM)
    As yet unnamed blonde geneticist and her monster creations (Brisson's NM)

Currently defeated:
    Apoth (Fallen Angels)
    Morgan Le Fay (Excalibur)
    One batch of Death Commandos (New Mutants)

BANNED

Honestly, after the last couple of issues from X-Men(#7 or #6), I expected a lot better from Hickman to use real Space Opera drama with respect to X-Men. Hickman did that when he wrote Avengers and New Avengers. He introduced Gardeners, Builders or Abyss etc. That was something but I guess he never really thought about it and went for Tini Howard's X for Swords etc etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Honestly, after the last couple of issues from X-Men(#7 or #6), I expected a lot better from Hickman to use real Space Opera drama with respect to X-Men. Hickman did that when he wrote Avengers and New Avengers. He introduced Gardeners, Builders or Abyss etc. That was something but I guess he never really thought about it and went for Tini Howard's X for Swords etc etc.....
    I dunno, I'm glad he's giving us a different feel than his work on the Avengers here.

BANNED

I dunno, I'm glad he's giving us a different feel than his work on the Avengers here.
    I am not referring to Avengers or their characters but the worldbuilding of his run.

I am not referring to Avengers or their characters but the worldbuilding of his run.
    Different strokes! I think his Krakoa world-building has been great and since he's directing the general direction of the line, he's kind of everywhere. If some of us are right about what X of Swords will be about, he planted those seeds last summer.

I've seen enough seeds for more cosmic stuff later.

BANNED

Different strokes! I think his Krakoa world-building has been great and since he's directing the general direction of the line, he's kind of everywhere. If some of us are right about what X of Swords will be about, he planted those seeds last summer.
    I was talking about Sh'ir or Brood or any other cosmic characters. This issue was fine in some ways but I expected more from Hickman whenever it comes to cosmic or space opera. Krakoa was really great and unique in certain ways but that's not what I was trying to point out.

There are lots of greats and better stories with Broods and Sh'ir and they are kinda oversaturated whenever it comes to x-cosmic.

Not really excited about X of Swords either because Tini Howard is also going write the majority but I guess I will just pick it up because Hickman is also making his own story from X of Swords

BANNED

worrying over an event that has been set up since Pox 4 is really not smart, especially when we know so little but whatever.

And that cosmic stuff mostly didnt stick after, the x-men have their own cosmic doings but im fine with it being saved for latter since arrako is a mystical vein-event that we really havent had since... that time the vamps went after them in utopia?
    its a rebirth of the magical elements the 90's made sure to erase afer inferno, and im much more excited over it instead of re-do of trial of jean grey or rachel and the starjammers
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-16-2020 at 02:36 AM.

HokutoPirate

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    This definitely was the first issue that felt like a classic issue X-Men with adventure and not just a "one and done" story.
    I'd say, overall X-Men has been my fave title. The more issues, the more the others make sense and connects Krakoa and everything.
    OMG I agree with you on this so much. This entire Dawn of x run has so many ooc moments and it's been so inconsistent with the continuity, and a lot of just bad writing. But this was actually good and we finally got a good fight scene.

I was talking about Sh'ir or Brood or any other cosmic characters. This issue was fine in some ways but I expected more from Hickman whenever it comes to cosmic or space opera. Krakoa was really great and unique in certain ways but that's not what I was trying to point out.

There are lots of greats and better stories with Broods and Sh'ir and they are kinda oversaturated whenever it comes to x-cosmic.

Not really excited about X of Swords either because Tini Howard is also going write the majority but I guess I will just pick it up because Hickman is also making his own story from X of Swords
    Gotcha! You favor the bigger cosmic world-building type stuff like he did in Avengers. We're likely to see that scale if/when he eventually revisits the Dominion and Phalanx stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    worrying over an event that has been set up since Pox 4 is really not smart, especially when we know so little but whatever.

And that cosmic stuff mostly didnt stick after, the x-men have their own cosmic doings but im fine with it being saved for latter since arrako is a mystical vein-event that we really havent had since... that time the vamps went after them in utopia?
    its a rebirth of the magical elements the 90's made sure to erase afer inferno, and im much more excited over it instead of re-do of trial of jean grey or rachel and the starjammers
    Agreed. I actually skipped New Mutants and am waiting for the trade's release because I'm not too much of a fan of the space stuff. But give me demons and eternally fighting horsemen and you have my heart!