Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He didn't stage the event, but he deliberately set himself up to be attacked- for example, going to an hostile nation without any bodyguards.

Yeah, Xavier was just waiting to get assassinated to shock mutants into making something like X-Force. He wanted it to happen.

Extraordinary Member

The only reason for mentioning the island is just to point out that 'something that should sound dumb' is only dumb if the writer writes it the exact same way. Obviously the X-Men did things better this time, and there is no way a fleet of Omega Master Sentinel Mold Mothers is going to be able to wipe out that island, not at all, just like a whole bunch of space parasites could not just crash land on the island and wipe them out either. Nope, that island is impenetrable. And not my point, either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The only reason for mentioning the island is just to point out that 'something that should sound dumb' is only dumb if the writer writes it the exact same way. Obviously the X-Men did things better this time, and there is no way a fleet of Omega Master Sentinel Mold Mothers is going to be able to wipe out that island, not at all, just like a whole bunch of space parasites could not just crash land on the island and wipe them out either. Nope, that island is impenetrable. And not my point, either.
    What about granny botanical terrorists? Incredibly secure, Krakoa is................................................ ..................

But, yeah. Krakoa only has as much plot armor as Hickman allows :x
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Enjoyed this issue, knowing this series is a sorta field for planting future overall storylines that kinda fill in some gaps of what is to be plot points adds to wanting to discover how things are handled on Krakoa. The panels of Edie and Broo give a little insight of how the different groups of students view the current situation. Does the next issue pick up on the Brood invasion?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have to say Krakoa is not taking defence seriously enough . First priority of the state and all that . As you say they did respond far better this time , but there are things that should be made explicit , possibly just through the data pages. All combat capable mutants need to be part of a trained defence force , and that includes our villains ( I'm thinking of the likes of Random here )

As I say just a comment that this sort of training and coordination was going on would add a lot of credibility to Krakoas credibility as a sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and it was a plot point that made them rethink and redo their security protocols as they adjust and readjust to the various threats they encounter (as with the recent Yellow Jacket infiltration in Marauders). This nation-building is still in its early stages. Governance, society, culture, religion, population, land...everything is still being processed and worked out...while still defending themselves against new villains.
    All these details excite me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The script has many fails. New Mutants take an egg that they don't know what is inside to Krakoa, they know better about the danger of space.
    Broo visits Krakoa on the exact moment the brood invasion is going on
    This is just a theory but I figure they took the egg to piss off the Starjammers (I could be way off because as I stated before I don't read New Mutants) and Sunspot is acting like a douche because he doesn't know yet that they have inadvertently put Krakoa (and by entering the Earth) in danger from a legion of angry Brood.

On a side note, has anyone made a list of just how many threats are going on right now? I mean we got:

Demons
    Otherworld
    Plant Grannies whose name escapes me
    Plant people Beast failed to kill because he is trying to emulate his AoA counterpart in a poor manner
    Peacock guy and his group who skinned Domino
    The former Hellfire brats
    Orchis
    The Children of the Vault
    Mystique and probably soon to come Destiny
    Shaw and his plans against Frost
    Sinister more than likely
    More than likely the Shi'ar once they see Vulcan (Another side note within the sidenote...what happened to Deathbird and her kid? And should Vulcan be made aware of it?)

Did i miss anyone?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Vulcan himself is a threat. At least one of him, if there's two.

Deathbird had the kid but we haven't seen it in a while.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This is just a theory but I figure they took the egg to piss off the Starjammers (I could be way off because as I stated before I don't read New Mutants) and Sunspot is acting like a douche because he doesn't know yet that they have inadvertently put Krakoa (and by entering the Earth) in danger from a legion of angry Brood.

On a side note, has anyone made a list of just how many threats are going on right now? I mean we got:

Demons
    Otherworld
    Plant people Beast failed to kill because he is trying to emulate his AoA counterpart in a poor manner
    Orchis
    More than likely the Shi'ar once they see Vulcan (Another side note within the sidenote...what happened to Deathbird and her kid? And should Vulcan be made aware of it?)

Did i miss anyone?
    its nice to have so many viable rogues

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Yeah, Xavier was just waiting to get assassinated to shock mutants into making something like X-Force. He wanted it to happen.
    I actually thought the same thing that Xavier intentionally allowed the tracking device to be slipped in his drink allowing for him to die and giving the mutants cause to be more aggressive with their tactics.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Demons
    Otherworld
    Orchis

Did i miss anyone?
    Plant grannies is Whoredeculture.
    I think they beat the bad guy from Fallen Crap and they beat up Morgan Le Fay.

What plant people?
    "Cable was right!"

The King Egg is a MacGuffin in that it’s just an excuse to get Vulcan into Shi’ar space to allow drama to ensue - but it’s also setting up for a conflict between the Kree and Shi’ar, as I don’t think somehow that Accuser was after it so he could just give it back to the queens.

Demons
    Otherworld
    Orchis

Did i miss anyone?
    Dr. Doom and Caroline Le Fey once they find out what Apocalypse did to Morgan Le Fey.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Demons....did you mean vampires?Unless I missed an issue there has been no demonic enemy so far