Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

really great, classical x-men fun, the new mutant ladies just enjoying each other's presence, idie and broo, their combat tactics with scott and jean joining the fray.
    tbh im happy this is a lighter issue cause last 3, while immensly good, were HEAVY

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    really great, classical x-men fun, the new mutant ladies just enjoying each other's presence, idie and broo, their combat tactics with scott and jean joining the fray.
    tbh im happy this is a lighter issue cause last 3, while immensly good, were HEAVY
    This reminded me of Utopia Era Cyclops with his tactics and power combinations. He was more relaxed here though, maybe because the stakes aren't as high as during the post-Decimation era. Not yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This reminded me of Utopia Era Cyclops with his tactics and power combinations. He was more relaxed here though, maybe because the stakes aren't as high as during the post-Decimation era. Not yet.
    that era strongest part was the constant use of multiple characthers and coming up with interesting combinations, im so happy to see a return of that dynamic, instead of 8 x-men speak, everyone else watches as wallpapper in the background

BANNED

This was pretty great. Usually, Hickman's writing of action scenes is subpar compared to his world building and dialogue, but this was a lot of fun. Particularly the Magma scene and the Cyclops-Magik combo. Really great stuff.

So, Vulcan never died. He either got a memory wipe from Xavier or actually lost his memory due to the fault. That spells trouble, either way. It was nice to see how this whole thing will come to a head, with the Brood, Shi'Ar, Kree, X-Men and Starjammers involved.

8.5/10. Better than I originally expected.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Loved loved loved the story so far.

Something is surely brewing with Vulcan. His remarks makes us wonder, does he remember somehow what happened? Also they mentioned that the original Vulcan never died?? Yeah, this smell like exciting things might be coming our way with Vulcan.

On the other hand Swords of X is announced, so not major big consequences with Vulcan I'll say.

Does anyone know this Accuser by the way? Its not Ronan, not Huran.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was pretty great. Usually, Hickman's writing of action scenes is subpar compared to his world building and dialogue, but this was a lot of fun. Particularly the Magma scene and the Cyclops-Magik combo. Really great stuff.

So, Vulcan never died. He either got a memory wipe from Xavier or actually lost his memory due to the fault. That spells trouble, either way. It was nice to see how this whole thing will come to a head, with the Brood, Shi'Ar, Kree, X-Men and Starjammers involved.

8.5/10. Better than I originally expected.
    Even more so when you think about how many steps have been taken towards a particular future.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Something is surely brewing with Vulcan. His remarks makes us wonder, does he remember somehow what happened? Also they mentioned that the original Vulcan never died?? Yeah, this smell like exciting things might be coming our way with Vulcan.

On the other hand Swords of X is announced, so not major big consequences with Vulcan I'll say.

Didn't catch it, but did wonder about how Huran played into the "Fantastic Four" angle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Even more so when you think about how many steps have been taken towards a particular future.
    Yep, even with one and done issues, Hickman actually manages to build on and deliver a fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Hard to tell, I don't even know if any Accusers outside of Ronan made it out of Black Vortex and even more Kree were killed by Black Bolt in Death of the Inhumans. Might as well be a throwaway character or someone who will matter going into Empyre. #10 and #11 will be tie-ins, after all.

Not sure how I feel about Hickman's Rahne, she seems a bit too impulsive so something like this was waiting to happen. But it was nice to see the New Mutants who weren't prominent in this weeks issue of New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Has Charles (with the assistance of the Five) inadvertently split the soul of Gabriel Summers in half? Is his consciousness divided somehow? What the hell is happening? Guess we're getting around to finding out what happens when you bring back somebody who isn't already dead. Furthermore, are we looking at a fresh take on War of Kings? With all the cosmic craziness of Empyre, the changes to the Shi'ar empire, and the Inhumans currently up for grabs, Hickman may have just set up his next big story/event/crossover after X of Swords.

The New Mutants were glorious in this. It was really nice to see the ladies together, but a bummer that Xi'an wasn't there too. Loved seeing them repel Brood forces and how Jean & Scott leaped into action as leaders and took control of the situation.

Oh good catch! Another Sinister Secret revealed!!

Yeah there's no way Monet would stand for that. Jono & Mondo mightn't care all that much, and Jubilee is busy being a mother, but I don't recall Skin or Synch (currently Vaulted ) being all that messy. So unless if Aero, Icarus or the M-Twins (if any of em are indeed living there) then I don't see why it'd be that much of a tip.

It must be intensely traumatic. Their fourth classmate Darwin has been locked up in the Vault for months now. Xavier led them to their deaths in the first-place, and I imagine now he's too busy for them, and has other favored 'children'. And to their knowledge, Moira died before they returned, and they'll never see her again.
    Processing all of that, and being surrounded by thousands of mutants they've never met before in a world alien to the one they originated from must be a shock to the system. Hence the frequent drinking on the moon with Vulcan

Legion isn't on Krakoa. And I'm not certain Chamber, Tag, the Masterminds & Mirage classify, as while their powers may be telepathic in nature, I wouldn't class them as telepaths personally. I doubt Madelyne Pryor, Stryfe or Shadow King are on the island yet, so we can rule them out. We can however, consider Lady Lotus, Mentallo, Mesmero, Mindblast, Purple Woman & Shen Zorn, plus however many unnamed mutants on the island who posses the mutant ability of telepathy.
    I love the idea of two people sharing the same soul. Also Krakoa Vulcan doesn’t have the scare or robotic eye as original Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I hadnt even noticed this before. Half the face is Scott and the other half is Jean
    This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best single-panel-visuals executing telepathy that I've seen in a LONG time. Well done, Asrar. Outstanding.

Spectacular Member

So is it really the smartest move to bring Vulcan anywhere near Shiar space even if it is the outer edges? That just seems like a recipe for disaster seeing what happened last time he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best single-panel-visuals executing telepathy that I've seen in a LONG time. Well done, Asrar. Outstanding.
    I agree i just stared at the page for about a minute soaking in all the details. My fave single panel in ages.

Really loving this new era and how the x-men feel like they have a world now as oppose to just responding to the world. Can't wait until my POX hardcover and DAwn of X vol 1 and 2 tpb to get here today. Work is going to be torture. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree with the Broo take. Awfully convenient that he just happened to be visiting Krakoa when the Brood attack came. He just happened to there to give the run down of what's going on. He knows what the Brood king egg is and he knows how to stop the attack, very convenient indeed. It would have been better if Broo was not involved and the X-men had to figure out the problem on their own. Would have made for better tension and story.
    Is it really that strange that the one Brood on the same planet as the King Egg shows up when it's stated on panel that they can sense it from a galaxy away? (Disclaimer: I don't have the issue in front of me right now, so feel free the heap insults on me if the ability to sense the egg is like a Queens-only talent or something.)

Ultimate Member

It'd be fun to see random other telepaths in walk-bys that no one ever remembers, like Fixx or Tangerine or Birdy or Mentat.

It'd also be interesting to find out that Black Bolt is harboring a download of Mad King Vulcan's memories, just waiting to run into new Vulcan and jump in and upload him to Mad King Vulcan 2.0, only for Mad King Vulcan 2.0 to decide that he likes new Vulcan's life and family and choices much more than the ones he made and to calm the **** down and give himself a second chance at *not* being 'Mad King Vulcan' and just give being Gabriel Summers another shot. When asked when he's going to go nuts and try to end everything, he replies, 'Been there. Done that. It was less fun than it sounded at the time... Imma go fire up the grill. Who wants a burger?'