Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    How does anyone know he's not dead? Everyone thought he was vaporized in that detonation. Gabriel hasn't been seen or heard from since War of Kings, so it's likely that they resurrected him with limited/edited memories based on the last Cerebro scan they had of him prior to RAFotSE. they knew he was an omega and had his dna and scan on file. Boom here's nu-Gabe. But old Gabe is still out there, and I think nu-Gabe is viewing through old's eyes when he's "dreaming". Just a theory.
    The page says "Vulcan never died," not "Vulcan isn't dead anymore."

How does anyone know he's not dead? Everyone thought he was vaporized in that detonation. Gabriel hasn't been seen or heard from since War of Kings, so it's likely that they resurrected him with limited/edited memories based on the last Cerebro scan they had of him prior to RAFotSE. they knew he was an omega and had his dna and scan on file. Boom here's nu-Gabe. But old Gabe is still out there, and I think nu-Gabe is viewing through old's eyes when he's "dreaming". Just a theory.
    Given that Gabriel is also a energy manipulator it could also be an energy form or consciousness out there as opposed to a physical body. Thinking about it that would proably connect to the whole resurrection thing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If they never found the body, why would a cloned new Vulcan have the dream we saw he is having?
    I think he is the original, just nobody wants him to remember
    Vulcan is an extremely powerful omega mutant with the ability to manipulate all types of energy, even magical or psychic.

It is not impossible for me to believe that the Mad King Vulcan trapped in the Fall is trying to communicate with the hypothetical Nu-Vulcan through his dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Makes no sense that there’d be two Vulcans. Whoever updated this (likely Xavier, as we know they’re a Krakoan) knows Vulcan isn’t dead so why resurrect him?
    He could have been resurrected before they realised he wasn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Vulcan is an extremely powerful omega mutant with the ability to manipulate all types of energy, even magical or psychic.

It is not impossible for me to believe that the Mad King Vulcan trapped in the Fall is trying to communicate with the hypothetical Nu-Vulcan through his dreams.
    That's what I took from it, especially if they have the same mind and "soul".
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Carol stole Brand's job, renamed it Alpha Flight and gave everyone a Hala star insignia because she's genetically predisposed to being a fascist
    And then she got fired

So now all we see is the Hulk hunter unit Gamma Flight
    That's sad. Hopefully some day a writer will remember that Brand's a mutant and we will see her pop up in Krakoa.

BANNED

Welp, I guess I have seen it coming that they are going to ignore that psycho maniac from the continuity. It was a fine issue but Broods and Sh'r have aged up for me. I mean it was certainly not anything better than the last couple issues which were definitely something new and unique to read and honestly they were masterpieces.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-11-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The page says "Vulcan never died," not "Vulcan isn't dead anymore."
    Yes I can read. But what I am saying is that how would anyone know that Vulcan didn't die at the end of War of Kings? And how would they have found him in the middle of the universe, or Cancerverse or Fault? And if this is the original, where are all the scars he sustained from all of the events from Kingbreaker go? I think most people have forgotten that Alex nearly killed him and Deathbird and he got some major scarring on his face. And then again from all the blasts he took from Black Bolt.

SO, if everyone believes that he is dead and they have no evidence to back that up or means of verifying, they have ASSUMED he died and therefore created a nu version via the resurrection protocols. Meaning there is the potential at this point in the narrative there could be two Vulcans existing. And perhaps a side effect of two existing is a sharing link or connection. Which is what nu-Gabe is experiencing.

This definitely was the first issue that felt like a classic issue X-Men with adventure and not just a "one and done" story.
    I'd say, overall X-Men has been my fave title. The more issues, the more the others make sense and connects Krakoa and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    He could have been resurrected before they realised he wasn't dead.
    I guuuueeeesssssssss, but I think the point of the data page was to reveal that Vulcan survived his experience in the Fault just like Black Bolt did and slowly floated back to Earth (or maybe secretly back in Shi’ar space).

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    This definitely was the first issue that felt like a classic issue X-Men with adventure and not just a "one and done" story.
    I'd say, overall X-Men has been my fave title. The more issues, the more the others make sense and connects Krakoa and everything.
    Agreed. I like to think of it as Hickman creating a big quilt and revealing random squares at a time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Either way im ready for vulcan to throw a fit. Entertain us, King.

1.) Xavier
    2.) Jean
    3.) Emma
    4.) Exodus
    5.) Monet
    6.) Betsy
    7.) Kwannon
    8.) Sophie
    9.) Phoebe
    10.) Irma
    11.) Celeste
    12.) Esme
    13.) Karma
    14.) Apocalypse
    15.) Sinister
    16.) Rachel
    17.) Cable
    18.) Kid Omega
    19.) Empath
    20.) Hope
    21.) Selene
    22.) Proteus
    23.) Legion
    24.) Dani
    25.)
    26.)
    27.)
    28.)
    29.)
    30.)

I'm spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I guuuueeeesssssssss, but I think the point of the data page was to reveal that Vulcan survived his experience in the Fault just like Black Bolt did and slowly floated back to Earth (or maybe secretly back in Shi’ar space).
    What makes me suspect that our Vulcan is not the one who never died is that he does not have the scars of Mad King Vulcan.

Yes I can read. But what I am saying is that how would anyone know that Vulcan didn't die at the end of War of Kings? And how would they have found him in the middle of the universe, or Cancerverse or Fault? And if this is the original, where are all the scars he sustained from all of the events from Kingbreaker go? I think most people have forgotten that Alex nearly killed him and Deathbird and he got some major scarring on his face. And then again from all the blasts he took from Black Bolt.

SO, if everyone believes that he is dead and they have no evidence to back that up or means of verifying, they have ASSUMED he died and therefore created a nu version via the resurrection protocols. Meaning there is the potential at this point in the narrative there could be two Vulcans existing. And perhaps a side effect of two existing is a sharing link or connection. Which is what nu-Gabe is experiencing.
    There are plenty of healers to take care of that. Funny you mention Alex bc he himself had some major scars which are now gone. With that said, I think from a story standpoint, there is more potential in there being two Vulcans. Im not sure if thats the angle Hickman will go in, but there is something to mine there

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    1.) Xavier
    2.) Jean
    3.) Emma
    4.) Exodus
    5.) Monet
    6.) Betsy
    7.) Kwannon
    8.) Sophie
    9.) Phoebe
    10.) Irma
    11.) Celeste
    12.) Esme
    13.) Karma
    14.) Apocalypse
    15.) Sinister
    16.) Rachel
    17.) Cable
    18.) Kid Omega
    19.) Empath
    20.) Hope
    21.) Selene
    22.) Proteus
    23.) Legion
    24.) Dani
    25.)
    26.)
    27.)
    28.)
    29.)
    30.)

I'm spent.
    I beleive Legion's whereabouts is unknown

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are plenty of healers to take care of that. Funny you mention Alex bc he himself had some major scars which are now gone. With that said, I think from a story standpoint, there is more potential in there being two Vulcans. Im not sure if thats the angle Hickman will go in, but there is something to mine there

I beleive Legion's whereabouts is unknown
    Alex was also killed at the end of Rosenberg's Uncanny so they would have had to resurrect him and likely did so without the scars...physical at least. I don't think Mad King Vulcan was ever found and presumed dead so he's been out there the whole time. And now there are two of him.