Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How old are those of MLF? I always assumed they were adults, it's weird to see them in the Sextant.
    Age no longer matters. They could have been in their 30s before but if they are resurrected in their 20s, then thats what they are now. The whole concept of aging is kind of blurred in this new era

Mighty Member

How old are those of MLF? I always assumed they were adults, it's weird to see them in the Sextant.
    MLF were supposed to be Teen counterparts for the new Mutants during Liefield's New Mutant/X-force run

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Who is Spectre? I don't remember him from the old MLF days.

This was surprisingly fun!
    He came from the future and most of his history is tied to Cable/X-Force.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jon_Spectre_(Earth-4935)

Someone else mentioned that it was him and it made sense to me but it's not officially confirmed here. I guess the other option could be Kamikaze.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He came from the future and most of his history is tied to Cable/X-Force.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jon_Spectre_(Earth-4935)

Someone else mentioned that it was him and it made sense to me but it's not officially confirmed here. I guess the other option could be Kamikaze.
    He and Forearm were looking nice. I'm glad to see Dragoness with her pals, I remember her after Decimation and she appeared in the background everywhere.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    Because he is kind of a reality warper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

I wondered that too because I thought Wildside was just another bestial character, but I looked him up and it turns out he has an illusion casting ability similar to Dani's and the new girl's.
    That's weird. I saw him in X-Force vol.1 and I always thought he was a normal feral-type mutant.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's weird. I saw him in X-Force vol.1 and I always thought he was a normal feral-type mutant.
    Oh you know, Liefeld~

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Age no longer matters. They could have been in their 30s before but if they are resurrected in their 20s, then thats what they are now. The whole concept of aging is kind of blurred in this new era
    Yeah, but everyone in the Sextant is supposed to be young in the training stage, even if it's only psychologically. They have already responded, they have the same maturity as New Mutants.

Spectacular Member

What have they done to Chambers nose ? He looks like the wicked witch of the West .

And doesn't Chamber communicate telepathically ? I'd have thought language wouldn't be a problem for him.

Tabby knowing Russian was a pretty funny joke, but then I started wondering why more mutants don’t just have major world languages telepathically implanted like how they learn Krakoan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    What have they done to Chambers nose ? He looks like the wicked witch of the West .

And doesn't Chamber communicate telepathically ? I'd have thought language wouldn't be a problem for him.
    His TP is just a substitute for his mouth. He spoke in English before he lost his ability to talk and thats the language he understand and can communicate in

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Tabby knowing Russian was a pretty funny joke, but then I started wondering why more mutants don’t just have major world languages telepathically implanted like how they learn Krakoan.
    I can see that happenning but unless one is actively using said language, its likely something that can be lost
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-11-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post

There are many artists who draw Chamber with a prominent nose, including Bachalo, his co-creator.

He does use TP to communicate, but he does so in English because it's the only language he knows, and people's thoughts are generally in their own language. If he concentrated he could probably put images in their mind, but it wouldn't be a very effective method of communication.

Speaking of Chamber... at first I was like, “What is with this art?” But kinda as a whole. But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. And Chamber, at first I was yeesh... but now it just looks like he stuck his face in a socket, and it’s kinda endearing.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

this art, eeeech...I miss Reis.

but yeah this new artists's Chamber is very early Gen X

Having the book's main cast back has done Brisson wonders. Feels a lot more like a book with direction and purpose, and I agree with what other people have said about him playing with the team dynamic a lot better. The Karma sequence actually came as a bit of a shock to me, because when was the last time we got one of those? Perhaps I'm only impressed because after the last issue I had absolutely no expectations, but I'm suddenly really excited for the future of this book.

Plus, keeping Boom-Boom and jettisoning Glob? It works. I like Brisson's Boom-Boom a lot. People were complaining that he plays her as just a gag, and while I'm not convinced this was ever the case, I feel like this issue goes some way to disproving it. She is funny, but she's also got a deal of nuance to her. You do have to wonder how much of her taking on a leadership role in this story is down to moralism, a rebellious tendency or a desire to fit in and be included.

My hope is not only that Brisson can continue to write issues like this one, but that he gets to write enough issues that we can get a really comprehensive look at habitat living. I have some biomes that personally I really, really need to see (zeta house zeta house zeta house). With the stuff being picked up on in this issue, and the approach to Krakoa, I am wondering if all of my favourite parts of #1 were actually written by Brisson, and not by Hickman.

They're probably the same age as the New Mutants/X-Force