Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New Mutants #9 review/spoilers

The New Mutants returned from space to be greeted by Boom-Boom and Magma. Boom-Boom was unhappy that she was not invited to go for space travel with them.

Magma, Dani, Karma, Chamber, Boom-Boom went to Carnelia to rescue a new mutant. Carnelia is a country which doesn't recognize Krakoa and are Russian speakers.

There they meet a new mutant trapped in an alternate reality. Karma tried to reach out to the new mutant but was overwhelmed. Soon Chamber and Magma was also trapped inside the alternate reality.

Dani reached out to Doug for help. Doug is still in Krakoa along with Mondo and Armor. Doug said he will ask for reinforcements to go with him to Carnelia. The cliff hanger is he is asking help from Wildside, one of the Mutant Liberation Front member.

The new mutant who is 13 year-old girl can alter reality. Magik's didn't join the team, her portion is as in the preview.

This issue is much better than Brisson's previous arc.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-11-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mighty Member

New Mutants is very...

Like VERY VERY VERY classic X-men.

Like if not for the krakoa dressing, you could drop these books in basically any period.

Why is Rahne speaking like Yoda now

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Not bad. Wonder why they need Wildside's help.

8.5/10
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Not bad. I Agree.

Wow, Russia really HATES Mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    ???

Wut? She's talking in her standard "I'm Scottish" vocal tick that Claremont loved using.

This was... Good. You've got my attention now, Brisson.

I hope the new mutant girl has got something more to her because another "Uber powerful reality warper that loses control" story wouldn't be that interesting.

Really enjoyable issue. Am I the only who thinks Brisson's dialogue and pacing is better than Hickman's?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    cuz Yoda's Scottish
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Really enjoyable issue. Am I the only who thinks Brisson's dialogue and pacing is better than Hickman's?
    I think they're pretty equal in terms of dialogue when it comes to NM(Hickman's new mutant dialogue is a lot less stiff than most of his other stuff.)

But Brisson has Hickman beat when it comes to treating the new Mutants as a group. Hickman's issues were mostly the Bobby show featuring Magik and Cannonball

I don't like the "Who cares what the council think" thing. I feel like the Council would actually be very mad at the New Mutants for all these incidents they are creating. It's weird that they just get a light scolding from Cyclops. This is important stuff.

Thanks for the review. I might have to give this one a read. After Hickman's arc stopped I dropped this one.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't like the "Who cares what the council think" thing. I feel like the Council would actually be very mad at the New Mutants for all these incidents they are creating. It's weird that they just get a light scolding from Cyclops. This is important stuff.
    I'm pretty sure most of the X-kids would be like "Y'all can take your politics and shove it up your ass, we're X-men."

This was actually good. Brisson did better with the more interesting characters

Still dont like the hair changes to Boom Boom and Magma. Tabitha should have the shorter hair if they needed them to have different styles to differentiate them. Magma's hair needs to be curly

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    ???

Wut? She's talking in her standard "I'm Scottish" vocal tick that Claremont loved using.
    "Like the sleeping dead, you are"

Anyway this issue was ok-ish but I feel Brisson's about to make me dislike Boom Boom.