Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While I'm glad to see all these old villains making a comeback, it's pretty annoying how WW's continuity was basically stealth-rebooted. What even is her continuity now? I'm sure eventually we'll get a proper explanation that ties everything in a way that makes sense /s

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    While I'm glad to see all these old villains making a comeback, it's pretty annoying how WW's continuity was basically stealth-rebooted. What even is her continuity now? I'm sure eventually we'll get a proper explanation that ties everything in a way that makes sense /s
    The book is still in Rebirth continuity, it apparently hasn't caught up to post Doomsday Clock yet except for the Scott Snyder story in #750 which takes place in 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The book is still in Rebirth continuity, it apparently hasn't caught up to post Doomsday Clock yet except for the Scott Snyder story in #750 which takes place in 1939.
    So then Genocide has a different origin story? She couldn't have been created through Ares' manipulations to defeat Wonder Wonan if he never even met her until recently.

Incredible Member

Actually I'm pretty sure we are now post-doomsday clock and it's alterations to the continuity. Otherwise the current Armageddon's grandfather(the original Armageddon) couldn't have fought Diana in WWII. I'm pretty sure Orlando also indicated somewhere that he's now operating under the the idea Diana's entire publioshing history is now loosely canon following #750 and her origin being pushed back. Devastation makes direct reference to Diana giving her some of her blood during her creation in the most recent issue, direct reference to the Eric Luke Run's events. We'll have to see how much of Genocide's backstory and Simone's run get's referenced.

I think they're also finally in the process of retconning and returning Donna to her original origin with those flashbacks to Diana training a young Donna on Themyscira which I don't think would work with Rucka's origin from year one or the rebirth continuity.

I'm glad it actually feels like Diana has had her continuity restored, which is something I feel Rucka ended up kind of dropping the ball on, So I don't really mind.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 03-16-2020 at 01:49 AM.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Armageddon! I thought about Warmaster's connection to Wonder Woman and Event Leviathan destroying A.R.G.U.S. but also a lack of mention of a Golden Age Wonder Woman so far. In Rebirth I'd assumed past continuity had been included on some level because the snake in Diana's head talked about past events and Diana remembered fighting Nemesis recently although it happened before the New 52.

Spectacular Member

Diana remembered fighting Nemesis recently although it happened before the New 52.
    From what i remember it's Nemesis who remember fighting Diana, not the other way around. Which has much more sense since gods opperate outside the multiverse and wouldn't be affected by a crisis confined to the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    From what i remember it's Nemesis who remember fighting Diana, not the other way around. Which has much more sense since gods opperate outside the multiverse and wouldn't be affected by a crisis confined to the multiverse.
    That's true but I think all this business of continuity is just for us. It's completely malleable depending on the needs of the writer. For instance there's been no mention of Jason by Hippolyta since her return in GWW's run but in Robinson's he was her much loved beautiful baby boy. It's all a can of worms.

That's true but I think all this business of continuity is just for us. It's completely malleable depending on the needs of the writer. For instance there's been no mention of Jason by Hippolyta since her return in GWW's run but in Robinson's he was her much loved beautiful baby boy. It's all a can of worms.
    But the fates did mention there will be a battle prince vs princess. So I think he will make an appearance soon