Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Forge- The Technogist Mystic Appreciation 2020

This is the appreciation page for Technogist Mutant Shaman. The man known as Forge:

Forge jim lee.jpg

Forge_(Earth-616)_from_Storm_Vol_3_3_0001.jpg

forge.jpg

Forges description of his own power: "My power is in my mind. Deep inside. That is where I live. That is where I get to be a super hero... They don't understand what they don't see... But I see. I see it all. I see things before they are real. It always starts with a problem. An impractical, unattainable, unworkable problem that needs to be solved. Then... I solve it. I work it. I attain it. I move and shift and reshape. Make something out of nothing. I prepare my unfeasible solutions for birth. And when they've incubated and grown and developed, I bring them into the world. I am a midwife of the impossible. I am Forge. I make the impossible real."

The intuitive genius technologist who was trained as a Shaman is one of the most underutilized and unappreciated characters in the X-Men universe. I did not see an appreciation page, so here it is. Let's talk and appreciate the sometime mad genius FORGE.

Mighty Member

To me Forge has been one of the most if not the most underutilized mutants in the Marvel Universe. His technological applications and inventions should rival Doom, Reed Richards and Iron Man. In fact he should have tech that is truly unique since much of it is not derived from a pure scientific method. Add to that his mystical abilities and she should be a character that combines both like Doom.

More Forge Goodness:

361930BB-6A86-459A-8F1D-6A2B82D84F3C.jpg

8FB5E21A-7120-4CE2-9EE5-8DDB543C3A7A.jpg

69457036-90F0-4551-A4FF-E2890BB2765F.jpg

I love the "The Technogist Mystic" part. Very fitting.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I always liked Forge. He's a great character, whether in a supporting role or as a main character on a team. I always thought his powers were really cool and unique as well.
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I love the "The Technogist Mystic" part. Very fitting.
    Would be cool if Forge discovered a way in which he could control technology by use of a spell and his mutant ability combined. All it would take is a little bit of imagination.

Mighty Member

The loves in Forge's life. The first love from the comic has to be Ororo Monroe (Storm).

2385319-forge___storm___the_kiss_color_med.jpg

storm and forge.jpg

After Forge's mutant ability neutralizing gun takes away Storm's powers when she is shot bye Henry Gyrich. Forge brings her back to his home in Dallas, Texas. During her recovery and rehabilitation, they develop romantic feelings for one another. When Storm finds out he developed the device which removed her abilities, she leaves Forge. They are briefly reunited to fight the common enemy of the Dire Wraiths, who are trying to prevent Forge from perfecting his neutralizer which will have a deadly effect on them. The Adversary, in the shape of Naze (Forge's Shaman mentor), convinces Storm that Forge was driven insane by her leaving and is planning to open a gate to hell. Storm attempts to kill Forge, but the moment she stabs him she realizes that she was tricked. The Adversary trapped Forge and Storm in the other dimension and seized control of Dallas; warping time and space in order to bring about chaos on Earth. Storm and Forge spend an unknown amount of time there, rekindling their romance. Forge is able to restore Storm's abilities and use them to power a gate back to their home dimension. After a fight, Ororo left and, upon returning, Forge used components from his cybernetic leg to fashion a new device that restored Storm's ability to use her powers, which she then used to energize a portal back to their own world.

Of course it being comics and especially with the soap opera nature of the X-Men, they break up.

Mighty Member

Is Forge a regular on any current X-title?

All-New Member

He appears in X-Force and is suppsoed to show up in Marauders soon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel0606 View Post
    He appears in X-Force and is suppsoed to show up in Marauders soon
    Just an appearance or as a series regular?

Ultimate Member

I wondered elsewhere if Forge would die when he was brought back would he come back with his whole body intact or would he want them to leave out his hand and leg so that he could have them robotic like before so that he could use that as a reminder of his own failings...

Incredible Member

Remember when Forge was supposed to become Genesis and found the XSE?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wondered elsewhere if Forge would die when he was brought back would he come back with his whole body intact or would he want them to leave out his hand and leg so that he could have them robotic like before so that he could use that as a reminder of his own failings...
    Makes sense that if he was resurrected that his body would be made whole again but the customized prosthetics are such a part of his iconic look, that I doubt that it would be done.

Mighty Member

Old school Forge: Definitely has that 80s look-very short shorts and high white socks. Love how the mechanical prosthetic looks more pieced together.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Old school Forge: Definitely has that 80s look-very short shorts and high white socks. Love how the mechanical prosthetic looks more pieced together.

I remember not liking BWS's art when I was younger, but when I went back and re-read Life/Death, I really appreciated it. Especially with Forge's look here
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

As for great inventions created by Forge:

Forge's Neutralizer: A device in the form of a gun that is capable of neutralizing mutant powers.

Ghost Box: A trans-dimensional teleporter in the form of a cube or box. He want to send the X-Men to a parallel universe to stop an invasion. Here is a picture of a ghost box in Wolverine's lap.