Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Forge also created the 5 cloud drive system backups in order to store the minds of all the mutants on Krakoa. Or was it all the known mutants in the world that Xavier copied in his Cerebro helmet? I can't remember which.

Mighty Member

Some Forge action figures:

I always liked this team up...

Ultimate Member

Two old soldiers that know how to get the job done...I wonder if Forge has ever been back to Vietnam since the war...could be an interesting story there...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Two old soldiers that know how to get the job done...I wonder if Forge has ever been back to Vietnam since the war...could be an interesting story there...
    Has Forge’s origin been updated so that it’s no longer Vietnam and a more updated/recent war?

Ultimate Member

Not sure, I mean characters like Magneto still harken back to WW 2, though Forge's history has to kind of synch up with Storm's at times doesn't it, at least to some degree so they can't change to much about his past...

Mighty Member

Not sure, I mean characters like Magneto still harken back to WW 2, though Forge's history has to kind of synch up with Storm's at times doesn't it, at least to some degree so they can't change to much about his past...
    I figure writers do not use him that much to think about updating his origin but it would work in any of the Iraq wars. I mean him being in Vietnam would make him really, really old.

Ultimate Member

Well then again remember that Magneto is in his 80's as he was born long enough before World War 2 that he remembers it all...

There is a difference between Forge and Magneto. Mags story is just too connected to WW2 and the Nazis death camps to be updated, whereas Forge's origin doesn't need to be connected to Vietnam. Remember that Forge is not meant to be that old, is just that when he was introduced the war had ended only 9 years earlier, so him being a veteran made sense. It doesn't make sense anymore, because the war ended in the real world 45 years ago, which would make Forge a senior citizen (think about it, Forge is supposed to probably be late 30s/early 40s, not in his late 70s/early 80s).
    Thunderbird was another character that was supposed to be a Vietnam War veteran, which, once again, made sense considering that the War ended the same year that the All- New All-Different debuted. But it cannot still be part of Thunderbird history and needs to be updated, because he is Warpath older brother, and he is in his early 20s, no way that Thunderbird would be a veteran of that war since that would mean that he would be old enough to be Warpath grandfather.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-04-2020 at 01:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Though the difference with the two being that Forge's time as a soldier in Vietnam shapes him to this day as it was where he lost control of his magical side and it cost other soldiers their lives and it cost him his hand and his leg...

Mighty Member

Though the difference with the two being that Forge's time as a soldier in Vietnam shapes him to this day as it was where he lost control of his magical side and it cost other soldiers their lives and it cost him his hand and his leg...
    And that could be updated to one of the Iraq and/or Afghanistan wars of recent years.

Ultimate Member

Not sure if that would work as he'd have to be older than Storm and to me those two wars are to recent...

But it doesn't have to be Vietnam, as I said before, there is nothing that particularly ties him to that war that doesn't work with any more recent wars/conflicts (it can be Iraq, it can be Kosovo, and eventually it will continue to slide more and more). Tying him to the Vietnam War just means he would have to be at least in his late 60s or early 70s, and that just doesn't work since Forge was never meant to be that old.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-04-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Not sure if that would work as he'd have to be older than Storm and to me those two wars are to recent...
    Once again, do you know how long ago was the end of the Vietnam war? Older than Storm? Yes. Old enough to be her grandfather at this point if they keep Vietnam as his origin? No way. It doesn't matter if we use a more recent conflict as these characters don't age in real time, so eventually these conflict line up more perfectly than the earlier ones. Neither Forge nor Thunderbird can be Vietnam vets anymore, it doesn't work for them as characters, because it ages them too much in comparison to the other characters.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-04-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    And that could be updated to one of the Iraq and/or Afghanistan wars of recent years.
    Exactly. Unlike Magneto and Captain America's origins, Forge doesn't need to be tied down to 'Nam. Any other conflict works the same, just like Iron Man's (whose origin has been updated through the decades).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-04-2020 at 04:57 PM.