Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What do you all think of X-men: Evolution version of Forge?

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Kind of wished that he should have been older, more a bit older than Storm...

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

It was a strange choice, Evolution made, to have both Forge and Dani as like, stuck in the past or not real or something. Main Native Americans in the franchise(other than the Proudstar brothers), but they get no place at the table.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

FE0AC5C6-5B1D-47DA-8A2B-8850D8A11167.jpg

I like this version of forge also makes my sense

Going back as far as LifeDeath I, for some reason I’ve always “heard” Forge (no other name btw?) voice as Jeff Bridges. It’s likely influenced by my discovery of “The Last Unicorn” around the same time.
    So hearing him voiced by Marc Strange who voiced a number of animated native characters was interesting when Forge showed up in Days of Future past adaptations in TAS.

Speaking of adaptations and LifeDeath, Forge’s Aerie is one of the comic book “sets” that needs to be adapted for the big screen. When I saw the glass penthouse in “John Wick: Parabellum”, it reminded me of how absolutely cool of a visual the Aerie could be.

My head cannon rewrite of X-Men:The Last Stand would have integrated Forge into the Cure plot line along with Storm losing her powers and their romance. Would have given Halle Berry the increased screen time and better material she wanted to play (and in her range) and made the movie a more coherent ensemble. I won’t spoil the ending...Not sure who I would have cast... maybe Billy Wirth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Going back as far as LifeDeath I, for some reason I’ve always “heard” Forge (no other name btw?) voice as Jeff Bridges. It’s likely influenced by my discovery of “The Last Unicorn” around the same time.
    So hearing him voiced by Marc Strange who voiced a number of animated native characters was interesting when Forge showed up in Days of Future past adaptations in TAS.

Speaking of adaptations and LifeDeath, Forge’s Aerie is one of the comic book “sets” that needs to be adapted for the big screen. When I saw the glass penthouse in “John Wick: Parabellum”, it reminded me of how absolutely cool of a visual the Aerie could be.

My head cannon rewrite of X-Men:The Last Stand would have integrated Forge into the Cure plot line along with Storm losing her powers and their romance. Would have given Halle Berry the increased screen time and better material she wanted to play (and in her range) and made the movie a more coherent ensemble. I won’t spoil the ending...Not sure who I would have cast... maybe Billy Wirth
    I remember reading that issue as a kid and was blown away by Forge's place. I also was going to post it as one of his inventions but would not find a pic online. BWS draws a wonderful storm.

Mighty Member

I read Forge in this year's Percy written X-Force series. Of course he us used as the X-Men's Q. He designed a gauntlet from Krakoa's biological matter that would neurologically connect to the user to form what ever they could imagine. It was used as a melee type blade, a shield and even a gun. He also designed an armor for him self. This is the type of way Forge should be used, in terms of utilizing his powers, to make him effective on missions. If only other writers would use him in this fashion and give him more of a presence in the X-Books. Oh they love giving him the Fringe boots and headband. Its crazy that headbands are still used since it was just used in American films so that the bands would hold the actors' wigs in place.

Mighty Member

Forge also invented in the Messiah Complex story a type of time machine that could show someone possible timeless of the future. They send two doubles of Multiple Man to these 2 futures and find there were two possible outcomes. One with Hope being the savior to mutant kind and the other she causes the downfall to mutant kind. So Forge does create a type of time machine as one of his inventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I forgot how cool Forge house was. He really should be considered the mutant version of Iron Man. Surprised he hasn't built his own Iron Man suit.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Well basically all of the X-men's tech stem from Forge in one way or another, the Blackbird amongst them, if you want more of how good Forge is go back and read the X-Factor issues after Jamie's "death", when Storm and Xavier came to visit and he produced Africa for Storm in a kind of holodeck room, where if memory serves the water felt wet to her, water from a stream, before the two shared a several panel long kiss that faded to black...

See I would go farther into the shaman powers and have him build stuff that's incorporates magic into it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I like him better than the one that was in WaTX and the only thing I didn't like about the show. He's a completely different character and is mostly just there for comic relief. My head canon is that he hit himself on the head and he went back to his childhood. I don't think he is even NA in it either.

When was the last time Forge did any magic? It's like Marvel totally forgotten that he's a powerful shaman. Like, he's never included in the magic team-ups you see every now and again. I know when it come to technology, he's the X-Men go-to guy, but he and Illyana should be beefing up the island's magical defenses too.

Ultimate Member

Not sure, Marvel seems intent on ignoring that part of Forge's past sadly, which is odd considering his magical side is why he even has the mechanical hand and leg in the first place...

I kinda love his DoX X-Force personality. It's the most personality he's had in a long time. He's tough, arrogant, no-nonsense (even in the midst of battle), has a great sense of humor, and is always annoyed at Logan!

Also, I think it's the first time he's charged into battle since maybe X-Factor??