Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He really should be considered the mutant version of Iron Man. Surprised he hasn't built his own Iron Man suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    See I would go farther into the shaman powers and have him build stuff that's incorporates magic into it.
    This is why I'd merge the characters Shaman and Forge into a single, bipolar, Canadian Blackfoot, freelance A.I.M. developer, super brain who self-medicates the stress his powers cause him with ritual and magical discipline. He should be the mutant answer to Tony Stark AND Stephen Strange —subtracted of biochemistry & physician studies cause that's Beast's bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is why I'd merge the characters Shaman and Forge into a single, bipolar, Canadian Blackfoot, freelance A.I.M. developer, super brain who self-medicates the stress his powers cause him with ritual and magical discipline. He should be the mutant answer to Tony Stark AND Stephen Strange —subtracted of biochemistry & physician studies cause that's Beast's bag.
    I wouldn't like that. They are completely different in terms of power (magic), culture, and personality. That's like if they merged Captain America with Captain Britain, because they're blond, patriotic heroes. And if that happened, what would become of Talisman (Elizabeth), who is much too good of a character to disappear? Would she just become Forge's daughter? Would you erase her Sarcee (Tsuu T’ina) heritage and replace it with a CHEYENNE background?

Magic & Technology are not comparable to America & Britain.

Magic & Technology are not comparable to America & Britain.
    Well neither are the Sarcee or the Cheyenne.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well neither are the Sarcee or the Cheyenne.
    Yep, and I choose Sarcee.

Mighty Member

I have often said he should be the mutant version of Stark and Doom. I threw Doom in there due to his proficiency with magic. I too believe he should have all types of armors like them. In the recent X-Force series, he does create an armor made form Krakoa biological material that functions similar to nanite technology.

Mighty Member

Forge summoning creatures (demon if you will) from another dimension during the Vietnam war. They get out of control and Forge orders a air raid bombing to close the portal. That is when he is injured and loses his right hand and leg.

The summoning brought the X-Men's future enemy, The Adversary, to the 616 dimension. This caused Forge to become reluctant in using his mystical abilities.

Mighty Member

Here is Forge learning Shamanic magic and he rebelling from that path and joining the military to prove himself as a warrior which is very similar to John Proudstar, Thunderbird.

forge learning Shamanic magic.jpg

forge in the miliary.jpg

Ultimate Member

I still remember an old issue of X-Men where they opened a portal to some mystic dimension or something and FOrge had to go up on the roof in the snow and he shot and killed an alien or monster and showed that he could have ice water in his veins and do what was right whether it was the nice thing to do or not...Naze was in that issue as well if memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Here is Forge learning Shamanic magic and he rebelling from that path and joining the military to prove himself as a warrior which is very similar to John Proudstar, Thunderbird.

forge learning Shamanic magic.jpg

forge in the miliary.jpg
    I believe that Claremont was interested in exploring that story, but really didn't get the opportunity with Thunderbird as he was dead, so Forge was his way to do it without reviving John.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still remember an old issue of X-Men where they opened a portal to some mystic dimension or something and FOrge had to go up on the roof in the snow and he shot and killed an alien or monster and showed that he could have ice water in his veins and do what was right whether it was the nice thing to do or not...Naze was in that issue as well if memory serves...
    Forge vs Dire Wraiths. X-MEN #187. A bit of Marvel Universe wide synchronicity without outright crossover. The Dire Wraiths invaded from ROM:THE SPACEKNIGHT and I believe the reason for the heavy snowstorm in Texas is because The Cask of Winters was opened in THOR.
    The aliens were after Forge because his neutralizer was a weapon to which they were extremely vulnerable.

Ultimate Member

Yep, that's the issue, I just view it as Forge being the type of guy that would make the hard choices that others wouldn't, and then live with them, possibly because he views himself as being damned anyway so what's one more transgression on his record...

Mighty Member

It's all about the 'stache!! And the silly headband.

Mighty Member

Uhhhhh. Did someone combine Forge with The Leader. Anyone know where this one is from?

Mighty Member

Joe Madureira's Forge I presume.