Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Joe Madureira's Forge I presume.

You'd presume wrong. Thats Jeff Matsuda

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Uhhhhh. Did someone combine Forge with The Leader. Anyone know where this one is from?

The "Counter-X" run of the title X-Man.

Nate winds up involved in a lot of "Outsider" situations during the run. That version of Forge is one who facilitated a Madeline Pryor(who may, or may not, have been "Our" Madeline...) take over an alternate Earth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You'd presume wrong. Thats Jeff Matsuda
    Mic drop!! I wasn't 100% sure.

Mighty Member

Forge with a bigg @$$ gun!

forge commssion.jpg

I agree, Marvel should push him more as the X-Men know-it-all scientist, like their Reed Richards, Doom or at least their Tony Stark/Antman.

Beast never convinced me in that role.

He’s an engineer though. So his role as weapons maker makes more sense. He’s not a biologist, geneticist, physicist or scientist of any kind really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He’s an engineer though. So his role as weapons maker makes more sense. He’s not a biologist, geneticist, physicist or scientist of any kind really.
    Agreed. He's a tech person via his powers, but science is not his realm of expertise in a way that its always been Beast's since early on. Forge being used as a substitute Beast would not sit right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. He's a tech person via his powers, but science is not his realm of expertise in a way that its always been Beast's since early on. Forge being used as a substitute Beast would not sit right
    The question is whether Forge possesses genius intellect without his powers?

Don’t believe he does.

Ultimate Member

Then again he can create wonderous things that didn't exist before so he could not have used his powers to dream them up, like the Blackbird didn't already exist and he dreamt it up and his powers would have helped but the ideas and such had to be there in the first place...

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Forge is a character I wish could be a main ingredient in the X-men.

Its was a crazy thing... I liked him a lot in the ultimate run and it made me think. . .

Forge is a universal builder like how Reed Richards was because of those ghost boxes (I might go rebuy that run today, I moved an misplaced some books at that time), the x-books are so weird in the way that there are characters with amazing powers and abilities that go decades without any development.

If you don't LEAD an X-team you get missed out on a long time other than a foot note, and the villains get more spotlight than the heroes.

I'm skipping hickman run now but I am keeping my eyes open for forge, I picked up the marauders with him in it but he's just the quest giver. FFS.

his power allows him to instinctively recognize the potential and functional uses of any machine or technological device in his visual range, a skill that combined with his natural intelligence gives him the ability to conceive, design and build highly advanced mechanical devices; and operate, modify and disassemble existing technology or create countermeasures for it. Forge's superhuman talent for invention does not mean that he is of a superhuman intellect, even a genius at invention must for the most part consciously work out the theoretical principles behind the invention and then the design of the invention itself through a series of logical steps. In Forge's case, however, many of these logical steps are worked out by his subconscious mind. Hence, Forge himself might not be entirely aware of exactly how he figured out how to create an invention of his. Sometimes, he must disassemble a device he has made to even figure out how it works.
    But also....

Forge has knowledge of many scientific and technological fields. and.... Forge himself might not be entirely aware of exactly how he figured out how to create an invention of his. Sometimes, he must disassemble a device he has made to even figure out how it works.
    Finally
    His skill as a hand-to-hand combatant and as a marksman from his military training were so impressive that Nick Fury offered him a job with S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Kinda cool to think he can just MOW you down with melee, no tech needed. All in all I really like forge I'd like to see him leading a solo arc or an x-team or something other than being a background tech guy.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 06-19-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Well he lead the old X-Factor for a time in the 90's at about the time that Madrox "died", he had a hologram room I think for training but when Storm came by with Xavier he made the room to look like her homeland, and if memory serves she even said that the water in the stream felt wet to the touch...

On top of all of his technical stuff he's also a shaman, which directly is the reason that he has the mechanical hand and leg...a reminder of his own failings in his youth...

As for leading a team if they ever did a magical side of the X-universe that wasn't an Apocalypse comic appearing as Excalibur then have Storm and Forge lead the team together, then add like Warpath, Siryn, and Nightcrawler and maybe like one or two others like perhaps Dani and Rhane but then have Warpath/Siryn and maybe Storm and Forge in some respect and you'd have a fun team to explore the perhaps darker side of the magical universe, Forge could do the tech stuff yeah but add it to the mystical side of him...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 06-19-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Always wondered why he hasn’t made an anti sentinel...

Ultimate Member

Because that would be the logical thing to do and logic rarely enters into the X-world, also if it's a robotic thing then perhaps he would be afraid that the sentinels would take it over and turn it against the X-Men...

Mighty Member

Forge doing his thing and being a bit pushy.