Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I guess it's the fact they weren't born in that kind of society. When you're a child, you just follow what the adults do, it doesn't feel very strange.

They are adults born in another culture. More: they used to question the culture when they were born. So I find strange that they, so easily, get in line and obey.
    They are questioning it. The Crucible was an entire issue of Nightcrawler questioning Krakoa’s choices.

So something I dont get. Aint Krakoa and Arakko already united again? Werent the demons and the original horseman supposed to be on Arakko?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    So something I dont get. Aint Krakoa and Arakko already united again? Werent the demons and the original horseman supposed to be on Arakko?

The Arak Maw (portal to Arakko) is still closed so they can't fully access it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ya'll not even ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This book does not seems to have a final destination. The story is so loose.
    Mmmmmmmm is it though? It has weird pacing but everything, now more than ever, seems to be acting as a prelude to X of Swords as well as touching on the more “out there” elements of Krakoa like •-[A]-• theorizing that mutantkind was always meant to be unified thru the ways their powers work in tandem with each other.

So Apocalypse's fascination with Otherworld needs to be explained. He never pursed it bofore. Is it somehow going to get him access to the area of Arrake that he wants to get to?

Astonishing Member

i was thinking of dropping this book but i guess ill give it one more chance this preview did have my attention

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Sounds ominous…

Very strange to see these people that were once independent and hard-headed getting along with this cultish ceremony…
    Remember that Apocalypse in one of Moira's lives said something just as extreme. Specifically that he would kill every single mutant there in order to ensure access to the information they were retrieving. It's just Apocalypse's ruthlessness coming through. If I were a member of Excalibur I'd definitely be wary of following him at all. Stating that he would do anything to preserve Krakoa's current dominance should at least give Betsy pause. She's already seen him colonize Otherworld all for the sake of reaching the realm in which Arrako (and his horseman) resides.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They are questioning it. The Crucible was an entire issue of Nightcrawler questioning Krakoa’s choices.
    Eh, seems like it’s brought up, but everyone goes along anyway. Like in Excalibur, gambit doesn’t trust apocalypse, but everyone else just acts like he’s whiny. Even though after the first arc, he was proven right (Apocalypse did trick them into helping him take over Otherworld), yet Betsy is still following his ‘orders’. His only explanation was to give her a book, of course anyone who writes a book must be trustworthy, lol. Her ‘standing up to him’ moment was not killing the baby war wolf, she still wiped out the war wolf line, but apocalypse ‘let’ her keep the puppy (and she did need his approval) And now everyone’s like sure we’ll do some magic ritual you told us too for...reasons. I’m sure it was in the book, that Rictor is taking door to door and asking people if they’ve heard the ‘good news.’

BANNED

The dialogue here is actually good. I hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So Apocalypse's fascination with Otherworld needs to be explained. He never pursed it bofore. Is it somehow going to get him access to the area of Arrake that he wants to get to?
    The specifics haven't been shown to us yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Remember that Apocalypse in one of Moira's lives said something just as extreme. Specifically that he would kill every single mutant there in order to ensure access to the information they were retrieving. It's just Apocalypse's ruthlessness coming through. If I were a member of Excalibur I'd definitely be wary of following him at all. Stating that he would do anything to preserve Krakoa's current dominance should at least give Betsy pause. She's already seen him colonize Otherworld all for the sake of reaching the realm in which Arrako (and his horseman) resides.
    Technically he placed Jamie to rule Avalon as it was at war with the "white witch". He says here that he's not looking for a war with Saturnyne but he can't seem to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ya'll not even ready.

just thinking about arakko gives me fully-body chills
    also thank you for being equipped with scans to educate the chronically forgetful children like me

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    just thinking about arakko gives me fully-body chills
    also thank you for being equipped with scans to educate the chronically forgetful children like me
    I'm happy to contribute! I felt like a lost puppy for much of Hickman's Avengers as he planted seeds all over the place. So now I like to carefully look at everything he's crafting for our mutants and I often go back and re-read pieces. It's why I'm so in love with the world he's creating.