Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nobody likes damian, except for his close friends and family . Even that is a maybe. I feel damian likes it that way. Wonder woman and damian actually have more in common. That might also be a reason they hate each other.

Yeah! I don't think hal and clark have anything to hate each other for. Maybe, guy gardner and clark. But not clark and hal. Clark bails on him because hal was asking for his family. Nothing more.
    What do Diana and Damian have in common.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Damian is a 10 year old boy, Diana wouldn't hate him. She wouldn't have much interaction with him at all.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Why would they be friends?
    Aquaman would love Batman, because he's fun and also self serious. He would get a kick out of Batman's little submarines and Batscuba suits.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both from fantastical locales, and both are wonderfully compassionate beings.

Superman, I'm not so sure that A-Man would be too tight with. He'd prolly see Superman as a respectable figure though, I guess- like most people would.

Shazam and Jon Kent, reason being because while they are relatively the same age range Billy can transform into an adult and may act like an adult towards Jon and treat him as a kid while he’s transformed as Shazam.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like the idea that Damian Wayne and Wonder Woman can't stand each other. I mean, most people think Damian's a little twit, but I like the idea that Diana really, extra dislikes him. That little scene with them in Metal was fun.
    I think I see Diana as more disappointed in him then actively disliking him. I mean, does Diana really dislike anyone?
    I'm also a fan of the idea that Clark doesn't really like Hal. There's been bits of that here and there; Bendis' Man of Steel where Clark just bails on Hal and ghosts him, the Lego Movie, even Super Hero Girls. It's kind of a fun dynamic to watch, like a lite, modern day Superdickery.
    I don't see why Clark wouldn't like him though. Even in Bendis' work it seems like he likes Hal, he's just got other stuff he has to do.

And I feel like Barry and Arthur wouldn't really like each other much either. Maybe not actively dislike, but they're such very different people, I imagine Arthur's bravado would rub Barry wrong, perhaps in large part because Arthur's a king and that bravado is earned, and Arthur doesn't really get any of Barry's interests or hobbies and thinks he's just an odd guy.
    Current Arthur isn't much of a bravado guy. I think he'd appreciate Barry's methodical and thoughtful nature. Arthur's got his own quirks so I don't think he'd begrudge anyone else for them.

Which kind of reminds me how, in Post-Crisis, I think Barry was Arthur's first team-up. They got off to a rocky start but I recall the point was changing Aquaman's perspective on humans and heroism from meeting The Flash.
    I don't think Arthur or Diana would get along terribly well with Ollie either. But then, Ollie seems like a "love him or hate him" kinda guy.
    This just reminds me of that scene where Arthur meets a revived Ollie after he starts telling him off for almost killing Black Manta and Arthur greets him with a big bear hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Shazam and Jon Kent, reason being because while they are relatively the same age range Billy can transform into an adult and may act like an adult towards Jon and treat him as a kid while he’s transformed as Shazam.
    It depends which version of Billy we're talking about. Although I don't think Billy in his adult form has ever used it as an excuse to talk down to someone in his actual age group.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I know Ray Palmer and Barry Allen had their theoretical-v-practical rivalry in the bronze age, but frankly that one never made sense to me at all. I can definitely see them as the non-close set, but not necessarily disliking each other. I was thinking the major point of difference would be Ray's professional ambitions and Barry's lack thereof. And Ray's view of Barry as a wasted genius who doesn't fully utilize his talents. Very much thinking of 60s and 70s versions of the characters here.
    I've known researchers in a several fields, and known practitioners with the same (or similar) doctorates, but who were consultants rather than scholars. I can absolutely see where some tension might come from.

I don't know if its just classic "good girl may or may not like the bad boy" cliche or what, but most instances of Jason Todd and Kara Zor-El interacting are a tad tense at first, but then end up working in tandem pretty well.

Granted, I don't know if we've really seen Clark interact much with Jason in recent years (and I do know about "The Man Who Has Everything", but I'm talking post-resurrection Jason).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I see Diana as more disappointed in him then actively disliking him. I mean, does Diana really dislike anyone?
    She's a super patient and accepting person, but if anyone is going to get under her skin and make her cringe when they walk into a room, it's Damian.

I don't see why Clark wouldn't like him though. Even in Bendis' work it seems like he likes Hal, he's just got other stuff he has to do.
    Eh, some people just rub each other the wrong way for no real reason. I know the comics don't support this idea but I think it'd make for a fun dynamic. Not that Clark *dislikes* Hal, just that Hal isn't someone Clark wants to spend a lot of time with.

Plus, in my head whenever Clark interacts with a Green Lantern, in the back of his head there's the question "Where were you guys when Krypton needed you?" Not that Clark would blame Hal or the other earth Lanterns for Krypton but it's the association yknow? Again, I recognize that the comics don't support this but the thread asks who "shouldn't" like each other, not who "doesn't." There's room for interpretation.

Current Arthur isn't much of a bravado guy. I think he'd appreciate Barry's methodical and thoughtful nature. Arthur's got his own quirks so I don't think he'd begrudge anyone else for them.
    Oh there's mutual respect for sure, but I imagine if the two are in a room alone, there's a lot of awkward silence. What do they have in common? What do they have to bond over?

This just reminds me of that scene where Arthur meets a revived Ollie after he starts telling him off for almost killing Black Manta and Arthur greets him with a big bear hug.
    The man had just come back from the dead and said Arthur pulled off the orange shirt really well. If a college you worked closely with for years suddenly showed up after you thought they were dead, you'd probably be happy to see them even if you weren't friends. It's after the glow of "Hey you're not dead" wears off that you remember Ollie is a loud mouth who happily takes every opportunity to hypocritically bitch at you about your privilege.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-15-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Most DC heroes shouldn't be as trusting of Harley Quinn as is usually portrayed.

At its most ridiculous in Injustice where she got off scott-free for helping nuke a city for lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ares, Darkseid, Veronica Cale, the White Magician just about any villain who is far too evil to be tolerated.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, some people just rub each other the wrong way for no real reason. I know the comics don't support this idea but I think it'd make for a fun dynamic. Not that Clark *dislikes* Hal, just that Hal isn't someone Clark wants to spend a lot of time with.

Plus, in my head whenever Clark interacts with a Green Lantern, in the back of his head there's the question "Where were you guys when Krypton needed you?" Not that Clark would blame Hal or the other earth Lanterns for Krypton but it's the association yknow? Again, I recognize that the comics don't support this but the thread asks who "shouldn't" like each other, not who "doesn't." There's room for interpretation.
    Hal's been Clark's friend decades before Lego or Super hero girls exists... They‘ve spent times together playing with Krypto in space, drinking tea and chatting in fortress of solitude. Even Neil Gaiman wrote a story about these two hanging around when they were off duty. I don't think some kids' show can stand for their interaction and frienship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Hal's been Clark's friend decades before Lego or Super hero girls exists... They‘ve spent times together playing with Krypto in space, drinking tea and chatting in fortress of solitude. Even Neil Gaiman wrote a story about these two hanging around when they were off duty. I don't think some kids' show can stand for their interaction and frienship.
    One of the very first comic I got was when Hal was thinking of quitting the Corps. Hal went to 3 people. Barry, Oliver, and Kal.

Ever since then I've thought of them as good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Agreed. Neil Gaiman's Legend of the Green Flame was an enjoyable read (even though it's still weird that Clark couldn't tell the difference between Sydney Greenstreet & Peter Lorre).

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    One of the very first comic I got was when Hal was thinking of quitting the Corps. Hal went to 3 people. Barry, Oliver, and Kal.

Ever since then I've thought of them as good friends.
    I know, right? I remember reading an old Superman comic where Clark was off-planet, and Hal briefly filled in for him. Hal even disguised himself as Clark when Lois came over to his place for a visit.

I can see Diana not liking Damian for a very simple reason.

Damien constantly talks up how he's a true warrior, he's a remorseless fighter etc etc. Diana takes umbrage to that, the kids a murderer (style wise, hes an assassin) with an inflated ego that he cant always back up. Neither of which fit the grecian ideals of "warrior"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Single minded pursuit of justice, born and bread warriors from an elite society far removed from the rest of the world.they both have the etiquettes and formal speech pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I can see Diana not liking Damian for a very simple reason.

Damien constantly talks up how he's a true warrior, he's a remorseless fighter etc etc. Diana takes umbrage to that, the kids a murderer (style wise, hes an assassin) with an inflated ego that he cant always back up. Neither of which fit the grecian ideals of "warrior"
    This was what i was basically aiming at. You have put it in words quite nicely for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-16-2020 at 04:00 AM.