Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Hal's been Clark's friend decades before Lego or Super hero girls exists... They‘ve spent times together playing with Krypto in space, drinking tea and chatting in fortress of solitude. Even Neil Gaiman wrote a story about these two hanging around when they were off duty. I don't think some kids' show can stand for their interaction and frienship.
    Yeah I know. I know the page doesn't support the idea. I don't care. I think itd be fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I can see Diana not liking Damian for a very simple reason.

Damien constantly talks up how he's a true warrior, he's a remorseless fighter etc etc. Diana takes umbrage to that, the kids a murderer (style wise, hes an assassin) with an inflated ego that he cant always back up. Neither of which fit the grecian ideals of "warrior"
    That there is the kicker; Damian is still a kid and has long since abandoned his killing ways and has sought redemption.
    Diana, being who she is, would never hate a child brought up in that kind of environment, especially one seeking to help people and stay away from the path of killing.

She may grow exasperated with his bravado at times, but hate him? Come on.

No, certainly not hate. Damian is a product of his environment, a victim, yet has already made several steps towards changing for the better. And I dont think Diana could hate anyone who loves animals as much as that kid.

But just finding him find really super annoying? Like so obnoxious she'd rather hang out with Guy? At least when Damian is at his worst? I can kinda sorta see that. She wouldn't hate him, and she'd have nothing but hope for him, but she'd maybe rather go a couple rounds with Giganta than have to listen to Damian prattle on like a cartoon aristocrat.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Captain Atom and Superman.

Both think the other is pretty dangerous for various reasons.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

While in the Justice Legue, I remember Zatanna couldn’t stand Vixen, her way to be with men around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But just finding him find really super annoying? Like so obnoxious she'd rather hang out with Guy.
    yeah... I can see if she had to choose... On one hand, Guy is the absolute worst. On the other hand... she can punch him without feeling overly guilty. I can't really picture WW putting Damian in his place the way she could with Guy

I think that could be a big part of it. I mean, how many of us have kids or interact with kids on a regular basis? I'm sure we all have that one child who, when they walk into the classroom or your child invites them over to the house you just groan internally and wish you were somewhere else because that kid is the absolute worst, but it's not your kid so there's not a lot you can really do. Diana can't lecture or punish Damian, but he'll stand there and yell at her and tell her all the things she's doing wrong or whatever. Nobody likes the kid who does that, especially when you don't have the authority to ground them.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I would love to see Black Canary and Guy Gardner work together again because she can't stand him. It was always fun to read those early JLI issues with these two butting heads.

Damian and Tim, maybe not so much anymore though.

Guy and a lot of people.

Lex and the Joker, that's a lot of ego for any room.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Lex and the Joker, that's a lot of ego for any room.
    I strongly object to either one of them being classified as heroes.

I hate when people give Diana a formal speech pattern to be honest. When she's very polite in formal situations, that's one thing, but whenever she just doesn't use contractions it just grates on me.

I love when Hal and Kal get along.

Hm, I like the concept that Frank Miller put forth that the Question would probably not get along with Green Arrow, because Vic is a Randian, and Ollie's a dyed-in-the-wool progressive. And neither of them are particularly diplomatic. I don't like how Miller dismissed both their political views though out of hand though. I'd also add Jack "Creeper" Ryder and maybe Ted "Blue Beetle" Kord to Question's side of that argument, and Superman to Green Arrow's - though Ted and Kal are both much less hot-headed and obstinate than Jack, Ollie or Vic.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I hate when people give Diana a formal speech pattern to be honest. When she's very polite in formal situations, that's one thing, but whenever she just doesn't use contractions it just grates on me.
    I agree. I don't even like her calling Steve "Stephen" as it's not something she generally did early on, and it's not what he goes by. And, from what I know of real royalty (admittedly mostly 19th century and later British, rather than ancient pseduo-Greek), they called each other nicknames in private and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree. I don't even like her calling Steve "Stephen" as it's not something she generally did early on, and it's not what he goes by. And, from what I know of real royalty (admittedly mostly 19th century and later British, rather than ancient pseduo-Greek), they called each other nicknames in private and so forth.
    It doesn't really bother me one way or another... but I will say that having dealt with a lot more foreign people this year, it does seems more prevalant when English isn't their native tongues. The nicknames and contractions that come more natural to us, non-native speakers tend to focus more on 'grammatically correct dialogue than 'comfortable' speech. In that aspect I like that it gives WW a 'not really american' feel, though if they DON'T do it... I don't think about it enough to miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Related to this but it annoys me when writers have her refer to Superman as "Kal". I don't mind it if Kryptonians call him that but to people from Earth it should be Clark or Superman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-19-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Related to this but it annoys me when writers have her refer to Superman as "Kal". I don't mid it if Kryptonians call him that but to people from Earth it should be Clark or Superman.
    I'm the opposite of that one. I absolutely can not STAND when actual experienced professional superheroes call each other Bruce, Clark and Hal... WAY too many ways for people to be spying on them... anything from mystical to satelites that they could never be sooooo 'flippant' with the secret identites. It's definitely a trend of modern comics that I hate.

'Kal' is the one thing that i do make an exception for.... since Kal is a non-entity. Kal-el has no loved ones or employment or a street address to blow up. if Lex or Brainiac learn that Superman's 'real name' is Kal-el.... it gains them nothing. So I can cut that identity a little slack. But Clark and Bruce... ughhhh... That's just rookie moves.