Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What i meant was i didn't read your reply regarding rogersmith.That's still only two examples. 80 years and two examples. Not good enough.
    Again, three. Also, that is probably not all of them.

As said, he can immerse himself all he wants. Ninja are born into that setting. Have you watched fullmetal alchemist? Ninjas are like wrath homunculi. They are bread warriors, that kill themselves for mission. Bruce wayne is no ninja. Ninja's are tought to see emotions as weakness. Bruce is an emo. He is a pretend ninja. Deathstroke or his son damian might fit the bill.It's like this anyone can be a yoga practitioner. But, there those that started before the bones set that can do amazing things and have greater levels of flexibility.Superman doesn't need to be changed is what i am saying. Character can be largely stay the same and be accepted by any culture . Strongmen remains the same whereever. His archetype is universal. Krishna, moses, jesus, hercules, samson.. Etc in any culture there is equivalent for familiarity . Batman's isn't.
    Dude. Again, Batman is a master martial artist who has been stated to have immersed himself from the time he was a child and even studied ninjutsu. Calling him a ninja is barely an adaptation. Also, the anime itself doesn't really change the character at all. It just plops him in feudal Japan. Batman: Ninja was just a cool name. I mean, it seems like you've never even read Batman comics.

Also, Superman has been changed. That's the point. Superman has been adapted countless times. Superman is stronger as a character because he's adaptable.

Also, ever hear of Robin Hood? Or Sherlock Holmes? Yeah, the Batman archetype is universal too.

The manga was good. I am sure i would have heard and read it by now. The fact that batman has little to no presences in any Asian stories itself is telling and proof enough of my statement . Wonderwoman works well with bushido. Superman is universal.
    Yet, of those three, Batman is the only one with manga and an anime.

I have no problem if batman is or isn't. But, you haven't provided me anything otherwise.Maybe for the middle class or upper middle class folk around the world that are familiar with superheroes Batsymbol means something .But, Batsymbol has no significance in a rural village in india or africa. I have been to these places and know personally. The s means more, there is no comparison between that s and Batsymbol.The outside underwear wearing strongman is more recognisable than a guy pointy ears. Superman's only competition is the cross.Dude, having dead parents or tragedy isn't a batman copyup. There are characters like guts from berserk who is like batman. But, he isn't based on him. Those are two different things.You are putting forward your subjective pointof view as a fact. But, that's opinion not fact. Facts requires evidence.
    https://definitivedose.com/the-100-m...al-characters/
    https://echobuwarrior.wordpress.com/...-in-the-world/
    Superman's only competition is the mouse as character. The cross as symbol. This is'nt my opinion. I am being blunt
    Dude, according to the data, Batman is the 14th highest-grossing media franchise, while Superman is like 46th. That's not opinion. That's just dollars and cents. And that's not a knock on Superman. It's just stating the facts. Batman, like Superman, is known the world over, from the biggest cities to small rural villages. Batman is universal as well. That's just a fact. Again, sorry if you don't like that, but Batman has actually earned over twice the amount of money worldwide as Superman has. So obviously, he has reached audiences to the same extent that Superman has.

Also, Guts is as much Batman as One Punch Man is Superman.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-14-2020 at 11:41 PM.