Default The High School Bully vs You

You are 14 y.o. and just starting your first year in your dream real world High School. Everything starts out great, except for two problems.

You have a run-in with a 16 y.o. who is someone everyone else in the school tries to stay away from.

This 16 y.o decides that he or she doesn't like you and wants to make your school experience a nightmare.

Problem two, this 16 y.o. has Telekinesis, strong enough to lift an average sized car and levitate.

Challenge: Using your knowledge of Comic Books and other Fictional/Fantasy Media, can you come up with a way to deal with your new found nemesis and survive High School?

Edit: The person you are up against doesn't have the same knowledge and experience you do. This is your advantage.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-13-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Conventional bully wisdom is to limit my outward reactions to whatever form of torture they are dishing out and perhaps try to express empathy to whatever painful circumstances have led to their unfortunate frame of mind.

That being said, I am just going to wait until Sharp uses his grappling hook and jump on for a quick *choof* to victory.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Is this my adult mind in in my 14 year old body or me as a 14 year old?

14 year old me was still grappling with a then-explosive temper and had started to actually get good at fighting so I imagine he would try and fight said bully. This would go poorly but that's I would have done at that age.

In school I was bullied to the point I became the bully. Not by beating the crap out of people. Rather I scared the **** out of everyone with detective Sherlock Holmes style insight into what makes them tick.

I see two plans.

1: Hang out with this bastard/butch and find out why they are being a ass. Then mentally pick the person apart and then build them back up to be a friend.

2: Or if a dust fight just pick a area with few things that could be used as to weapons.. Cause as many distractions as possible with sensory duckers ( loud music, prepped fire works, etc.) And I was taught at age 8 how to **** someone up bare handed. Would slip or prep in a small weapon at my confrontation spot just for the occasion, At my high school it wa a survival trick to sharpen pencils to be used as a one time shiv. The real deals did that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Is this my adult mind in in my 14 year old body or me as a 14 year old?

14 year old me was still grappling with a then-explosive temper and had started to actually get good at fighting so I imagine he would try and fight said bully. This would go poorly but that's I would have done at that age.
    The choice is yours, either is fine.

Incredible Member

First,
    you get a baseball bat. Preferably metal. You follow him around, seeing what he does regularly. You wait till he's alone. Standing still in an alley at night, with a mask on, you wait for him to pass. You hit him in the back of the head with the bat. This at minimum should disorient him. Knock him unconcious. Use the Bat to Break both legs and arms in 2 places. Say nothing at any time. Leave, clean the bat off, go home. The next morning express shock when you hear what was done. Say that he might have been a bully but no one deserves this. Visit him in the hospital bringing a small gift. Repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    First,
    you get a baseball bat. Preferably metal. You follow him around, seeing what he does regularly. You wait till he's alone. Standing still in an alley at night, with a mask on, you wait for him to pass. You hit him in the back of the head with the bat. This at minimum should disorient him. Knock him unconcious. Use the Bat to Break both legs and arms in 2 places. Say nothing at any time. Leave, clean the bat off, go home. The next morning express shock when you hear what was done. Say that he might have been a bully but no one deserves this. Visit him in the hospital bringing a small gift. Repeat as necessary.
    Assuming that he doesn't tear the baseball bat from your hands with his TK, then wack you with it before you can do anything else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Assuming that he doesn't tear the baseball bat from your hands with his TK, then wack you with it before you can do anything else.
    That's why you hide in the dark alley and wait for him to go by. Attack by surprise, from the rear. After the head is taken out, he can't use his TK, and you can reek havoc on him. If you don't move and it's dark, people usually won't notice you.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The scenario leaves too much to the imagination. To what level is the bully going to go? Insulting me? Well, good luck with that, I couldn't care less now and couldn't then either. Theft? I simply wouldn't carry anything valuable with me, and if I did or had to, I'd ensure that I'm constantly recording/recorded. Get him on film or tape doing his thing, and he's done as a bully, at least to me. Physical abuse? Again, this depends on the level: if it's just pushing or humiliation, I'd ignore it. I'd make friends with everyone else, and he'd soon be a pariah for his evil ways. Serious physical violence, at a level that threatens my health or life or those of people I care for? I'd make sure it's recorded and get him locked the hell up. I'd be the superhero who took down the school bully. If that doesn't work, well, then it's on to planning a sneak reprisal. I'm more than capable of doing that, and I'm not the sort who would take chances with the results. He would not have the opportunity to try again. If that sounds harsh, well, you are describing a situation where someone who can kill me with a stray thought has it out for me, and is crazy enough (using serious physical harm) to go there. I'm not going to give him the chance to make that mistake on me.

I was "bullied" once in my life, I was 8, and an 11 year old kid in a summer day camp thing I was attending decided, for whatever reason, to pick on me. It lasted 4 or 5 days, and just got worse day by day. I was (and am) big for my age, but still MUCH smaller then he was. I tried telling the counselor, and tried telling the director of the camp, but they didn't listen. They talked to me and the other kid, in front of his friends (which was pretty embarassing), he said "no, no, that didn't happen," and the adults let it go. After several days of abuse, I was dropped off at the day camp one morning by my father. I walked in, walked up to the bully (who started to say something rude), and launched a jumping-two-feet-off-the-ground hook. I connected smoothly, and literally knocked him out. I got kicked out of the day camp, but the upshot was that the bullying stopped. I'm not exactly proud, but I'm not ashamed either.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The guy has telekinesis? Simple. Sell his secret out to the government and let them abduct him for containment and experimentation. Problem solved.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The guy has telekinesis? Simple. Sell his secret out to the government and let them abduct him for containment and experimentation. Problem solved.
    IMO Best answer so far.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    That is what I was going for by "make sure it's recorded" - but i would not try to sell it, I'd give it away. I don't want to also get dissapeared.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The question is flawed from the outset; no such thing as a "dream high school".

That said, rule #3 of Trollhunters; aim for the gronknuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The question is flawed from the outset; no such thing as a "dream high school".

That said, rule #3 of Trollhunters; aim for the gronknuts.
    "Dream High School" is intended to eliminate any other negative environmental influences in this fight. Basically, it means that you are not going into a school where everyone is out to get you. Only this one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Dream High School" is intended to eliminate any other negative environmental influences in this fight. Basically, it means that you are not going into a school where everyone is out to get you. Only this one person.
    Back in high school, I didn't have anyone out to get me, and I would still not go through that time ever again. Even if paid.