-The Flash #757
    -The Flash #758
    -Legion of Superheroes #8
    -Lois Lane #12
    -Shazam #14
    -Superman #24
    -Young Justice #17
    -The Joker: Killer Smile HC

-Sad to see Lois Lane ending. We knew it was coming, but its consistently been the best book DC is putting out.

-Dropping Batman and Detective Comics. Tynion's run has really been disappointing to me, and Detective's been "meh" for a while. Both being part of yet another Joker story just killed any last interest I had in the books.

-Yes, I'm aware I say that while having two Joker books that I'm getting, but it's Johns and Lemire and both have earned enough cred for me to give it a pass.

-The DCeased: Unkillables HC is $22.99 for 3 issues? Really?

-Only Jim Lee could take a teenage Superboy and make him look like a full on adult. The guy's good but has zero range.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    No JSA, no Power Girl, what are they waiting for? Plenty of time for relentlessly bleak Tom King stuff, but nothing for those characters.
    There's a whole 1 Tom King book in the solicits. What are you talking about? I want the JSA back as much as anyone but he's had zero to do with either them or Power Girl.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

No Titans Giant this month?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    -Batman: Three Jokers #1
    -Event Leviathan: Checkmate #3
    -Strange Adventures #4
    -Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge TP
    -Action Comics #1024
    -Batman/Superman #11
    -The Flash #757
    -The Flash #758
    -Legion of Superheroes #8
    -Lois Lane #12
    -Shazam #14
    -Superman #24
    -Young Justice #17
    -The Joker: Killer Smile HC

-Sad to see Lois Lane ending. We knew it was coming, but its consistently been the best book DC is putting out.

-Dropping Batman and Detective Comics. Tynion's run has really been disappointing to me, and Detective's been "meh" for a while. Both being part of yet another Joker story just killed any last interest I had in the books.

-Yes, I'm aware I say that while having two Joker books that I'm getting, but it's Johns and Lemire and both have earned enough cred for me to give it a pass.

-The DCeased: Unkillables HC is $22.99 for 3 issues? Really?

-Only Jim Lee could take a teenage Superboy and make him look like a full on adult. The guy's good but has zero range.

There's a whole 1 Tom King book in the solicits. What are you talking about? I want the JSA back as much as anyone but he's had zero to do with either them or Power Girl.
    Merely saying that over the last few, DC's had plenty of time for him, and none for the JSA. A title that once not terribly long ago was one of DC's best selling titles. Why ignore them?

Astonishing Member

Simon Spurrier on Justice League is good news. Definitely be picking that up.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Merely saying that over the last few, DC's had plenty of time for him, and none for the JSA. A title that once not terribly long ago was one of DC's best selling titles. Why ignore them?
    I fail to see what one has to do with the other. It's not like Tom King outputs a ton of books. He's never really had more than two books going at once, which is low compared many other writers. His stuff is pretty much contained to his books and doesn't really effect other titles. And if you're using sales as a metric, his stuff tends to be in the top ten of books selling.

I mean, if you don't like the guy's work that's fine. But it's not like DC has invested so much in to the guy's output compared to someone like Snyder or Bendis currently.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The Green Lantern
    The Legion of Superheroes
    The Question

maybe Manhunter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I fail to see what one has to do with the other. It's not like Tom King outputs a ton of books. He's never really had more than two books going at once, which is low compared many other writers. His stuff is pretty much contained to his books and doesn't really effect other titles. And if you're using sales as a metric, his stuff tends to be in the top ten of books selling.

I mean, if you don't like the guy's work that's fine. But it's not like DC has invested so much in to the guy's output compared to someone like Snyder or Bendis currently.
    He has nothing to do with it. I just used him as a for instance. I could easily have used other creators, titles, or characters. It was simply a complaint that DC has ignored some fairly major second tier characters for no apparent reason I can figure out, while indulging other ideas galore, and King's were some of them----so it isn't as though the JSA was ignored because there was no more space in their line-up or something.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

AQUAMAN
    AMETHYST
    JIMMY OLSEN
    THE GREEN LANTERN
    STRANGE ADVENTURES

No Aquaman Giant this month? Sadly no new Young Animal yet either!

I don't understand Geoff Johns' obsession with touching Alan Moore's DC work. First Watchmen and now The Killing Joke. He must know that Moore would not want him to touch his work. Not passing judgment on the morality of that but if you respect Moore, you would not touch his work when he does not want you to.
    Last edited by KC; 03-13-2020 at 02:59 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    My DC pull list is shrinking.
    Only three titles for me now and all three are mini series: 3 Jokers, Death Metal and Green Lantern Season 2; such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I don't understand Geoff Johns' obsession with touching Alan Moore's DC work. First Watchmen and now The Killing Joke. He must know that Moore would not want him to touch his work. Not passing judgment on the morality of that but if you respect Moore, you would not touch his work when he does not want you to.
    When Johns was on Green Lantern he brought in almost every tiny detail or mentioned character Alan Moore wrote in the what, 2 short stories he wrote for Green Lantern in the 80s.

Manhunter by Andreko is the only thing that looks exciting to me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is reminding me of the very late aughts. A bunch of events of varying-looking quality, most monthlies looking rudderless. Virtually nothing to get excited about. Yikes. I have no idea if the leadership change is going to make things better or worse, but we're back at a point where change is indeed needed.
    It’s really seemed like DC has just been killing time lately. I know that’s just perception as Snyder’s Metal is supposed to be a big event, but I’m just so tired of TBWL and the Dark Multiverse stuff.

Thoughts:

- The first DCEased established that the virus was sentient so maybe it's formed it's own society by the time the heroes return to Earth. Oh well, time for more DC killings.

- I'm not quite sure what the purpose of Three Jokers is at this point other then to let Johns get to say his piece or have his impact on the Batman mythos. But man, these Rebirth mysteries sure got drawn out...

- Snyder tries so hard with these Metal stories. On one level it's like he's having the time of his life, on another it just seems so random.

- "the only person who can save Batman from the brink of true madness...is Harley Quinn?!" Can we please stop with Quinn? I know it's not going to happen, but if 5G makes Harley a villain again, I might actually support it.

- Sounds like Tynion is going to "bring the Batfamily back together" again for the umpteenth time juding by the solicits for #97. Who would be in Catwoman's army? Cats?

- Ah, Babs vs. James Jr. The horror plot that keeps on happening.

- Will Tomasi finally kill off Lincoln March while curing Two-Face?

- How many times are they going to brainwash Nightwing?

- So looks like Arthur is crashing Mera and Vulko's wedding. I guess if there was anything I was hoping for with 5G was that they would let Arthur and Mera get married and settled down so we could get past this nonsense.

- I am so hyped for Batman: The Adventure Continues. Sounds like they have an interesting take on Deathstroke.

- Haven't they been debating the Outsiders leadership this whole series? Jeff thinks it's Batman, Batman thinks it's Jeff...it's weird.

- Those Sean Murphy covers seem so drastically opposed to the Catwoman he's actually writing. Were these proposed covers for a White Knight Catwoman mini he never got to make?

- Flash's biggest villains teaming-up in a non-Rogues capacity is kind of interesting. Would I put Turtle and Trickster on the same level of Grodd and Cold? Well, maybe there is some precedent for it. Is Reverse-Flash leading them? And Williamson is finally addressing the Tornado Twins.

- I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time Morrison has created a villainous Krptonian-level couple.

- Sounds like Venditti's Hawkman is winding down for a climactic storyline. I guess it's great that they separated Shayera and Kendra so now Kendra isn't necessary relevant to Hawk stuff anymore...

- Simon Spurrier on Justice League? Are they just playing musical chairs with the book until 5G hits?

- Looks like Justice League Dark is winding down too, with them finally taking down the Upside Down Man. Tynion started this whole storyline, so it's weird he's not finishing it.

- Dat Manhunter butt.

- Ah, the Metal Men vs Chemo .

- "Deadshot walks away from the Suicide Squad in hopes of reuniting with his daughter, Zoe, and making things right at last." Hasn't this been Deadshot's character arc for, like, close to a decade? Seems like the only story they know how to tell with him. Not that I dislike it, but still.

- So looks like Damian is still Robin, he's just now free of the Titans and dead-set on revenge against KGBeast.

- Nice to see YJ focus back on the main three (sorry Cassie). Although that cover makes me think that Bart's look has changed so little while Tim doesn't look near as good anymore.

Red Hood Outlaw 47
    The Question: many Deaths of Vic Sage 4

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When Johns was on Green Lantern he brought in almost every tiny detail or mentioned character Alan Moore wrote in the what, 2 short stories he wrote for Green Lantern in the 80s.
    That's true.

But at least with the Green Lantern stuff, Johns managed to take what Moore wrote and take in and new directions. Doomsday Clock and now Three Jokers feels a bit more...straightforward.