Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DC June 2020 Solicitations

My DC pull list is shrinking.

Well there’s that 3 Jokers solicits. With all the different looks he’s gone through over the years, couldn’t they have picked versions of him that looked less interchangeable? I know that’s killing Joke, Golden Age and Death of Robin, but I can’t help but feel disappointed
    Anyway speaking of Batman’s corner, looks like Damian is still Robin..

Looks like there's no Generations One shot... Signs are pointing somewhere

Yeah, I guess that's been pulled for a rewrite.

Shazam isn't by Johns, is Loveness just doing a filler? And April's Teen Titans Annual cover lied to us. Unless, if it was setting up 5G, plans have already been changed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Looks like there's no Generations One shot... Signs are pointing somewhere
    Seriously....this is a good point. But isn't May free comic book day, when the free Generation Zero releases? So the month of May probably doesn't have anything to release but Zero. I think Gen 1 is a June release.

No sign of JSA is still a huge bummer. Johns not on Shazam is interesting too...

Also Scott Snyder tweeted yesterday "regarding how the changes at DC effected Death Metal...it made it BIGGER" sounds like he may indeed have had some voice in the change at the top.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Aquaman
    The Flash
    Manhunter
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well, at least Jackson is still around in Aquaman. It seems he may have an epic fight too.

Manhunter still dealing with Leviathan but Kate on a mission is gonna be crazy.

Batman: The adventures continue #2
    the batman’s grave #8
    hawkman #25
    daphne byrne #6
    batman #321 facsimile edition
    the flash #135 facsimile edition

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batgirl and Teen Titans are the most interesting but if I'm picking something for real it's Batman The Adventures Continue

Remind me why Man-Bat gets a series again? Seems random

Also

SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL VOL. 1 HC
    written by JOHN BYRNE and MARV WOLFMAN
    art by JOHN BYRNE, DICK GIORDANO, JERRY ORDWAY, and others
    cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Following Crisis on Infinite Earths, comic book superstar John Byrne reimagined Superman for a new era in bold tales presented in this new collection! Starting with the six-issue Man of Steel miniseries, Byrne fundamentally changed Superman’s origins and propelled him into the present, including iconic encounters with Lex Luthor, Metallo, and Darkseid! This title collects The Man of Steel #1-6, Superman #1-4, Adventures of Superman #424-428, and Action Comics
    #584-587.
    ON SALE 07.22.20
    $49.99 US | 480 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-491-3

Ah, f you! I already bought this in digital...

For about $5...

So I guess I'll be picking this up after all

Also this

SUPERBOY: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    written by JERRY SIEGEL, OTTO BINDER, PAUL LEVITZ, PETER J. TOMASI, GEOFF JOHNS, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, and others
    art by JOE SHUSTER, CURT SWAN, PATRICK GLEASON, PHIL JIMENEZ,
    TOM GRUMMETT, and others
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    This title celebrates Superboy across the decades, from young Clark Kent in Smallville, to Superboy’s 1970s adventures with the Legion of Super-Heroes, to Conner Kent’s 1990s escapades, and today’s Jon Kent. This title collects stories from More Fun Comics #101, Superboy (1949) #10 and 89, Adventure Comics #210, 247, 271, 369, and 370, Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #233 and 259, DC Comics Presents #87, Infinite Crisis #6, Adventures of Superman #501, Superboy (1994) #59, Teen Titans #24, Adventure Comics #2, Young Justice #3, and Superman (2016) #6, 10, and 11.
    ON SALE 07.01.20
    $39.99 US | 440 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-315-2

Unless someone's gonna tell me that they already reprint Superboy series in trades

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Batman: Three Jokers #1
    Batman and the Outsiders #14
    Red Hood: Outlaw #47
    The Dreaming: Waking Hours #2

I might wait for three jokers on trade if each issue is gonna be $7

I’m still definitely down for Death Metal and Dceased: Dead Planet
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Nights: Death Metal #2
    Batman #96
    Batman #97
    Batgirl #48
    Detective Comics #1024
    Nightwing #73
    Amethyst #4
    Harley Quinn #74
    Suicide Squad #7
    The Terrifics #29
    Young Justice #17

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wish I had that problem. At least they cancelled Supergirl for me. Once Joker War is over I might be saying the same thing though.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Only three titles for me now and all three are mini series: 3 Jokers, Death Metal and Green Lantern Season 2; such a shame

Thoughts:

- The first DCEased established that the virus was sentient so maybe it's formed it's own society by the time the heroes return to Earth. Oh well, time for more DC killings.

- I'm not quite sure what the purpose of Three Jokers is at this point other then to let Johns get to say his piece or have his impact on the Batman mythos. But man, these Rebirth mysteries sure got drawn out...

- Snyder tries so hard with these Metal stories. On one level it's like he's having the time of his life, on another it just seems so random.

- "the only person who can save Batman from the brink of true madness...is Harley Quinn?!" Can we please stop with Quinn? I know it's not going to happen, but if 5G makes Harley a villain again, I might actually support it.

- Sounds like Tynion is going to "bring the Batfamily back together" again for the umpteenth time juding by the solicits for #97. Who would be in Catwoman's army? Cats?

- Ah, Babs vs. James Jr. The horror plot that keeps on happening.

- Will Tomasi finally kill off Lincoln March while curing Two-Face?

- How many times are they going to brainwash Nightwing?

- So looks like Arthur is crashing Mera and Vulko's wedding. I guess if there was anything I was hoping for with 5G was that they would let Arthur and Mera get married and settled down so we could get past this nonsense.

- I am so hyped for Batman: The Adventure Continues. Sounds like they have an interesting take on Deathstroke.

- Haven't they been debating the Outsiders leadership this whole series? Jeff thinks it's Batman, Batman thinks it's Jeff...it's weird.

- Those Sean Murphy covers seem so drastically opposed to the Catwoman he's actually writing. Were these proposed covers for a White Knight Catwoman mini he never got to make?

- Flash's biggest villains teaming-up in a non-Rogues capacity is kind of interesting. Would I put Turtle and Trickster on the same level of Grodd and Cold? Well, maybe there is some precedent for it. Is Reverse-Flash leading them? And Williamson is finally addressing the Tornado Twins.

- I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time Morrison has created a villainous Krptonian-level couple.

- Sounds like Venditti's Hawkman is winding down for a climactic storyline. I guess it's great that they separated Shayera and Kendra so now Kendra isn't necessary relevant to Hawk stuff anymore...

- Simon Spurrier on Justice League? Are they just playing musical chairs with the book until 5G hits?

- Looks like Justice League Dark is winding down too, with them finally taking down the Upside Down Man. Tynion started this whole storyline, so it's weird he's not finishing it.

- Dat Manhunter butt.

- Ah, the Metal Men vs Chemo .

- "Deadshot walks away from the Suicide Squad in hopes of reuniting with his daughter, Zoe, and making things right at last." Hasn't this been Deadshot's character arc for, like, close to a decade? Seems like the only story they know how to tell with him. Not that I dislike it, but still.

- So looks like Damian is still Robin, he's just now free of the Titans and dead-set on revenge against KGBeast.

- Nice to see YJ focus back on the main three (sorry Cassie). Although that cover makes me think that Bart's look has changed so little while Tim doesn't look near as good anymore.