Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Capitalizing the E made me think of a laxative. Lol.

Yeah, both it and Odyssey look like they're wrapping up.

Meanwhile, only one cancellation this month: House of Whispers.
    Er DCEased

Love that

CATWOMAN #24

written by SEAN MURPHY and BLAKE NORTHCOTT
    art by CIAN TORMEY
    cover by SEAN MURPHY
    variant cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    The cat’s out of the bag! Everyone at Snowflame’s auction is there for the same thing: the list. But what is the market value of a list containing all the intel the world’s greatest crime-fighters have on supervillains? And who exactly is on the list? You’ll have to ask Catwoman to find out.
    OMG SNOWFLAME IS FINALLY BACK AFTER 32 YEARS!!!

I'm needing some big new announcements soon.

Most of what I have been enjoying from DC in the last year either has or is coming to an end. Martian Manhunter ended. Tom King finished his Batman run. Dial H for Hero and Wonder Twins are done. Jimmy Olsen & Lois Lane are concluding soon. Even Shazam! is taking on a new creative team, but the big thrill I got out of the Johns/Eaglesham/Kolins era will also be ending. I confess this last one is chapping my hide a bit. I wish Johns would just stop writing like he is winding up for something and then just walk away abruptly when a glimmer of sunlight catches his attention.

There are a few others I will keep buying, like Detective Comics and Strange Adventures, and maybe some Flash, but outside of that, my excitement level is precipitously dropping. I'm so irked about Shazam, I'm not sure I can wind up the energy to even care about 3 Jokers.

Come on, DC. Show me some gold on your horizon.
    Last edited by Hatut Zeraze; 03-14-2020 at 09:58 PM.

It's feeling very 2010 right now...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

More filler garbage, but hey, some actual fresh blood on Justice League, Wonder Woman, and Shazam! Will be picking those up for sure.

WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS IN SUICIDE SQUAD 7 COVER?

suicide squad 7.jpg

One of them is LAWTON(Deadshot). The most closely to him maybe is ZOE but..

WHO ARE THE OTHER 2?
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-15-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Probably just Hawkman.

My titles have been really dwindling recently. Usually I take titles off because I really dont like something in there but I try to hold on to as many books as I can as I really enjoyed collecting, buying and reading DC comics a lot.

But not anymore. Now I'm dropping books not because I dislike anything really in them but just because I just dont really care about the DCU anymore and just dont care enough to pick up just ok comics that dont have me excited about the stories or universe at all.

Was collecting
    Flash Forward - Ended
    Young Justice - This was really bad and even though I love Tim, Bart and Conner I just couldn't buy this mess anymore.
    JLD - Dropped cuz I dont care enough anymore.
    The Green Lantern - Love Hal Jordan but I really dont like Morrisons writing and me not caring anymore has me dropping it.
    Hawkman - Last man standing. Even.with the slow pacing it's still written well, so for now this looks like the one comic I'll be still buying.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The question: The deaths of vic sage #4
    john constantine, hellblazer vol. 1: Marks of woe tp

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

suicide squad 7.jpg

WHO ARE THE OTHER 2?
    Those are a bunch of the new characters Taylor's created for his run. The one in the foreground is named Osita. I'm blanking on the names of the other two though.

From getting caught up with recent events in Aquaman, I'm jealous. It looks like they're doing everything right there with Arthur as a father and with a family in all the ways that they did Superman as a father and family man so dreadfully wrong.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    From getting caught up with recent events in Aquaman, I'm jealous. It looks like they're doing everything right there with Arthur as a father and with a family in all the ways that they did Superman as a father and family man so dreadfully wrong.
    I think it's just entirely different set of circumstances. The only thing comparable about them is the actual having of a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

suicide squad 7.jpg

WHO ARE THE OTHER 2?
    The one with the cap is named Chaos Kitten.
    The one with long, wavy hair and a jacket is named Thylacine.
    The one with the cybernetic arm and the braid is named Osita.

All brand-new characters created by the new Suicide Squad writer Tom Taylor in the first issue of the current volume.

I hope there'll be new announcements for Hill House Comics. I've been enjoying pretty much everything that's been published so far (Basketful of heads and Dollhouse Family take the cake) and it'd be a huge shame if the most Vertigo-like titles published so far under the Black Label imprint were over with the last issue of Plunge (coming in July).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just entirely different set of circumstances. The only thing comparable about them is the actual having of a kid.
    But its a LOT less hackneyed is my point. Baby's born, very short time skip, not bouts of 10 then 7, the kid won't dominate, we'll actually get to see Arthur and Mera grow as parents, the obvious and desired focus since he's the star and she's the supporting star. Further there's a lot going on with Arthur and Mera in their independent relationship, ideally ensuring things won't go stale there either. Right off the bat its starting off in a majorly superior way. Its more organic, and its not obtrusive. Two things the Superdad concept has failed at from the jump. Its still jarring, 4 years later, and that's due to its hackneyed, incredibly messy approach. You can tell the motivations here are the right ones.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-15-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    But its a LOT less hackneyed is my point. Baby's born, very short time skip, not bouts of 10 then 7, the kid won't dominate, we'll actually get to see Arthur and Mera grow as parents, the obvious and desired focus since he's the star and she's the supporting star. Further there's a lot going on with Arthur and Mera in their independent relationship, ideally ensuring things won't go stale there either. Right off the bat its starting off in a majorly superior way. Its more organic, and its not obstrusive. Two things the Superdad concept has failed at from the jump. Its still jarring, 4 years later, and that's due to its hackneyed, incredibly messy approach. You can tell the motivations here are the right ones.
    I think the difference is one is coming in at the endpoint for the character (with 5G) while the other was envisioned as a story-starter. We're probably not going to get much story of Arthur and Mera as parents with a kid since we're in endgame mode with Aquaman (unless 5G plans have seriously been curtailed).

I don't think Jon completely took all the focus away from Superman and Lois, if only because there were books that were more focused on them even when he was front-and-center in Tomasi and Gleason's Superman run with Action. I'm not even sure if Arthur and Mera even have a relationship right now.

I guess it's a more natural birth compared to Jon, with less of a time-skip, but it's just a different approach. I don't see it as being necessarily better. If the baby is kept around for good I assume they'll probably age her up quick enough.