Default Superman June 2020 Solicitations

Link: https://www.cbr.com/dcs-may-solicita...e-league-more/

SUPERMAN #24

written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    Superman’s legendary susceptibility to magic is about to turn his life inside out and upside down. A mysterious new villain has come into Superman’s world to pit him against the most powerful sorcerer and agent for the Lords of Order: Doctor Fate!
    ON SALE 06.10.20 | $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #8

art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    The United Planets are at war as a new epic begins! The president of the United Planets is unable to maintain peace as Ultra Boy’s homeworld of Rimbor and Chameleon Boy’s homeworld of Durla declare interplanetary war! With the Legion of Super-Heroes choosing sides and a civil war brewing, will these young heroes need to split into separate teams? Plus, Superboy makes a discovery about the future that will change everything he knows…there is a new Krypton! Find out what happens next in the only book telling you the future of DC Comics every month!
    ON SALE 06.03.20

ACTION COMICS #1024

art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    The city of Metropolis has been rocked by Luthor’s latest attack and the drama surrounding Superman’s truth, and that gives the invisible mafia a new foothold to change the City of Tomorrow forever. Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege! The fallout from Superman: Villains continues as Clark Kent steps out into the world as a reporter for the first time.
    ON SALE 06.24.20
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-13-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

EVENT LEVIATHAN: CHECKMATE #3

art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by MATT TAYLOR
    Green Arrow’s team of super-spies—including the Question, Manhunter, Lois Lane, and Talia al Ghul—has infiltrated Leviathan—and that officially makes them members of Leviathan! Along the way, they learn that one of their own is actually a secret Leviathan agent who betrayed the new Checkmate from the start! Plus, Superman flies onto the scene to shake things up even further!
    From the award-winning creative team that brought you last year’s Event Leviathan comes the next surprising chapter in DC’s most dangerous saga.
    ON SALE 06.24.20

SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #12

written by MATT FRACTION
    art and cover by STEVE LIEBER
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Whoa—is that what I think it is? If I’m reading this solicitation text correctly, we made it to issue #12! Mazel tov! Party time! If you see Matt and Steve at the next convention, go buy them a drink because I have no idea how we made it this far! No, wait, I do—it’s all thanks to you guys! In this final issue, with the Daily Planet on the ropes, Jimmy learns something about it that’ll change everything forever.
    ON SALE 06.17.20

LOIS LANE #12

written by GREG RUCKA
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    At the end of multiple investigations, Lois finds herself with the power to change—or destroy—the lives of everyone involved. ON SALE 06.03.20
    $3.99 US | 12 OF 12 | 32 PAGES
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #1

written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE, STEFANO GAUDIANO, and GIGI BALDISSINI
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    card stock movie homage variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    blank variant cover
    After a corrupted Anti-Life Equation turned billions into monsters—including Earth’s Greatest Heroes—our planet was as good as dead.
    Years later, a distress call brings Damian Wayne, Jon Kent, and Cassie Sandsmark—the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman of Earth 2—back to a dead planet...but what will this new Justice League find waiting for them? If life still exists on Earth, who—or what—is lying in wait for these heroes?
    The original creative team of Tom Taylor and Trevor Hairsine reunite for the sequel to the 2019 blockbuster series DCeased!
    ON SALE 06.10.20

YOUNG JUSTICE #17

written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    This very special issue focuses directly on the friendship at the heart of Young Justice: Conner, Tim, and Bart—a.k.a. Superboy, Drake, and Impulse. As younger men, these three iconic heroes built Young Justice on their friendship. Now their dream has grown and changed as much as they have. And with the demands of adulthood pulling them in different directions, they realize that nights like this one may never happen again.
    ON SALE 06.03.20

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #11

written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by MAX RAYNOR
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JAE LEE
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    It’s Superman versus Batman as the deadly machinations of the Ultra-Humanite crash to their end! The Dark Knight has been transformed into a human atomic bomb, all in the name of wiping Superman from the face of the Earth! As Batman struggles against the urge to kill his friend, Superman must undo the damage done and help the other victims of the Ultra-Humanite’s experiments. It’s the thrilling conclusion to “Atomic” that will reverberate across the DC Universe for months to come!
    ON SALE 06.24.20

THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #5

written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    card stock variant cover by GARY FRANK
    In the latest issue of this 12-part miniseries, Green Lantern Hal Jordan must test the limits of his ring’s capabilities when he must take down two ruthless killers, each with the powers of Superman! Defying the will of the New Guardians, Hal finally finds his fugitive alien murderers: the deadly husband/wife team of Hyperman and Hyperwoman—but the consequences will be devastating! These super-spouses have already murdered one GL who tried to thwart their lust for cosmic power…and they won’t hesitate to do it again!
    ON SALE 06.10.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #48

written by SIMON SPURRIER
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    variant cover by CLAUDIO CASTELLINI
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by JIM LEE
    As writer Simon Spurrier jumps on board for the start of the three-part tale “The Rule of War,” it’s close encounters…of a Justice League kind! After answering a distress signal from distant space, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern discover an abandoned cargo ship full of young aliens! When the League attempts to return the children to their home planet, they are met with awe, terror, and war! Thus begins a three-part storyline that will take the League to a previously unknown planet, with an all-new species, a dangerous mystery, and a new, otherworldly villain.
    ON SALE 06.03.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #49

written by SIMON SPURRIER
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    variant cover by NICK DERINGTON
    “The Rule of War” part two! After the devastating events of last issue, the League is separated and labeled as alien visitors on a war-torn planet. With events spiraling out of control, and no leader to guide planet Trotha’s citizens, how can the League save this world without interfering? As the team battles rogue factions, Batman makes a startling discovery that will threaten any hope the team has of returning home!
    ON SALE 06.17.20

My bad, can a mod change the title of the thread to say "Superman June 2020 solicitations"?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Again, pretty jazzed about the premise of versus Fate. I really think that's the one DC hero who has his number, so to me it's the best hero vs hero.

SUPERBOY: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    written by JERRY SIEGEL, OTTO BINDER, PAUL LEVITZ, PETER J. TOMASI, GEOFF JOHNS, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, and others
    art by JOE SHUSTER, CURT SWAN, PATRICK GLEASON, PHIL JIMENEZ,
    TOM GRUMMETT, and others
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    This title celebrates Superboy across the decades, from young Clark Kent in Smallville, to SuperboyÂ’s 1970s adventures with the Legion of Super-Heroes, to Conner KentÂ’s 1990s escapades, and todayÂ’s Jon Kent. This title collects stories from More Fun Comics #101, Superboy (1949) #10 and 89, Adventure Comics #210, 247, 271, 369, and 370, Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #233 and 259, DC Comics Presents #87, Infinite Crisis #6, Adventures of Superman #501, Superboy (1994) #59, Teen Titans #24, Adventure Comics #2, Young Justice #3, and Superman (2016) #6, 10, and 11.
    ON SALE 07.01.20
    $39.99 US | 440 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-315-2

SUPERMAN: CITY OF TOMORROW VOL. 2 TP
    written by JEPH LOEB, J.M. DeMATTEIS, JOE KELLY, and others
    art by ED McGUINNESS, DOUG MAHNKE, CARY NORD, MIKE McKONE, STUART
    IMMONEN, YANICK PAQUETTE, PAUL PELLETIER, and others
    cover by ED McGUINNESS
    In tales that ushered in the new millennium, Superman returns to Smallville and teams up with Superboy! Plus, The Joker and Harley Quinn invade Metropolis! And in “Critical Condition,” Superman must search for a missing Lois Lane while a mystery illness threatens his life! Collects Superman #155-159, Adventures of Superman #577-581, Action Comics #764-768, and Superman: The Man of Steel
    #99-103.
    ON SALE 07.29.20
    $39.99 US | 504 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-312-1
    Pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Byrne collection is now solicited at like half the size.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

LOIS LANE AND THE FRIENDSHIP CHALLENGE TP

written by GRACE ELLIS
    art and cover by BRITTNEY WILLIAMS
    From New York Times bestselling author Grace Ellis (Lumberjanes) and artist Brittney Williams (Goldie Vance) comes a new story about 13-year-old Lois Lane as she navigates the confusing worlds of social media and friendship.
    It’s the first day of summer break in the sleepy town of Liberty View, and young Lois Lane bursts onto the scene with what she knows is a sure-to-go-viral video channel. Okay, maybe her platform only receives two views a week (thanks, Mom), and maybe her best friend, Kristen, isn’t quite as enthusiastic about social media, but when Lois sets her mind on something, there’s no turning back.
    At the end of the week, the big neighborhood barbecue and bike race will be the perfect backdrop to Lois and Kristen’s #friendshipchallenge video. But when the girls find out the annual fireworks are missing, Lois doubles down on her efforts for fame, testing her friendship in ways she couldn’t imagine.
    With Kristen leaving for sleepaway camp after the barbecue and a new girl on the block taking all of Kristen’s attention, will Lois be able to find the missing fireworks, celebrate the summer, and post the best #friendshipchallenge the internet has ever seen? Or will she have to face her challenges IRL?
    ON SALE 08.05.20
    $9.99 US | FC | 5.5” x 8”
    160 PAGES
    DC GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR KIDS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-9633-7

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Byrne collection is now solicited at like half the size.
    Isn't that better though? Those larger omnibuses are so unwieldy and hard to read.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Since I'm purchasing reprints of stuff I already own I'd rather get it over with sooner. Although the City of Tomorrow hardcovers are really attractive.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Another month, Romita still on Action Comics. Another month, I'm not buying Action Comics.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sad to see JIMMY OLSEN coming to a close, that's been the best Super title in a long time.

Might check out Doctor Fate's pop up.

Outside of JRJR's art, it looks like everyones attention is going to flip back to Action Comics over Superman again.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I really wish Lee would learn to draw teenagers as something other than adults but smaller. That Superboy is just a less bulky Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

Here’s to Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, two of the best books I’ve ever read from DC. Going to be really sad when those last issues hit.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Updated schedule: https://www.newsarama.com/50099-dc-s...ries-more.html

Lois Lane is shipping twice in June so it'll finish in the same month as originally planned.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-06-2020 at 10:43 AM.