Default Screwed up situation: Vash (Trigun) has to deal with Serial Killers

The plot gods have me explain to Vash what a serial killer is, and after seeing ten of them kill off three whole families,each one of them, has to figure out how to handle them, What does he do?

Place 1: On earth.

Place 2: On the planet gunsmoke itself.

Manga Vash, anime Vash and Movie Vash all take turns.

Second version of the whole thing: Wolfwood is there to deal with things, my explanation, the families, the whole thing.

Third version of the whole thing: Meryl and Milly are there dealing with my explanation and the whole thing with Vash instead of Wolfwood.

Fourth version of the whole thing: Meryl, Milly, and Wolfwood are all involved.

Fifth Version same as the fouth version, but Rem is involved too, dealing with the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure Vash knows what a serial killer is. He had to deal with The Gung-Ho Guns after all and those guys were bonkers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Vash knows what a serial killer is. He had to deal with The Gung-Ho Guns after all and those guys were bonkers.
    Not how I see it, to me Vash never ran into the concept of someone who kills for pleasure. The way I see it he never thought of the gung ho guns in such a manner. I can see the whole planet not know anything about serial killers, that to me is an unintended part of the story the mangaka made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Not how I see it, to me Vash never ran into the concept of someone who kills for pleasure. The way I see it he never thought of the gung ho guns in such a manner. I can see the whole planet not know anything about serial killers, that to me is an unintended part of the story the mangaka made.
    Again, I'm pretty sure that's what Legato's crew did. Guys were leaving bodies everywhere.

And anyway, I'm pretty sure Vash has been around for a long time and fought tons of crazies, the concept of psycho guys who kill for fun wouldn't be lost on him.

Heck, just look at his brother.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

There's no question that Vash is more than a match for any serial killer we have on Earth. The question is: how will he find them?

The guy has huge experience escaping, avoiding, and fighting off bounty hunters, but ... finding murderers who have cultivated an expertise at going unnoticed reaches to the exact opposite talent. The FBI puts vast resources into profiling killers and compiling forensic evidence; there are labs, psychologists, teams of experts in multiple fields all working together. And it still takes years to catch just one of these guys.

So how does Vash do it?

Am I missing something? I know he can knock bullets out of the air and blast huge craters on the moon, but the guy isn't Batman or Sherlock Holmes. The challenge in apprehending serial killers is in identifying them to begin with. Once you know who they are, you just send in a Tactical Team to make the bust.

Does Vash have a psychic tracking power I'm forgetting?

He'd do better on Marvel or DC Earth where he could team up with Sage or Oracle, and they'd do the detective work, and them Vash would make the bust, even (especially) where super-powered serial killers are concerned. Then his powers make a difference, since he's going after perps even a team of SHIELD agents couldn't handle (arguably).

So he'd be going after Killer Croc, Sabertooth, Omega Red, and powered killers like that.

Not sure how he operates alone and does better detective work than the entire behavior sciences division of the FBI. Unless he has powers of tracking and detection I'm forgetting.

In versions Two, Three, Four and Five, we evaluate the intellectual acumen and the tracking/detective skills of the partners involved. The greater they are, the more successful Vash's endeavor becomes.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-13-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Manga Vash is quite aware of murderers considering Knives and Legato. Hell, after a certain revelation, Vash was ready to murder until Knives and Rem managed to calm him down.

As for how he handles them, well, he handles them as he had handled the outlaws of gunsmoke just with more ease.

Are we talking about serial killers or spree killers/mass murders/rampage killers?

The later sort are people like Sabertooth, who just go hog wild in the open. Or Joker, who'll kill just anyone.

Serial killers operate in secret. For example, Hannibal Lecter. For years the FBI tried to catch the 'Chesapeake Ripper,' without knowing it was Lecter. Serial killers are usually highly selective.

Multiple murderers are people who have killed more than one victim. Based on the patterns of their murders, multiple killers are classified into three basic categories—mass murderers, spree killers, and serial killers. Rampage killers is a relatively new name given to both mass murderers and spree killers.

Serial killers murder three or more victims, but each victim is killed on separate occasions. Unlike mass murderers and spree killers, serial killers usually select their victims, have cooling-off periods between murders, and plan their crimes carefully.

Mass Murderers, Spree and Serial Killers
    The OP mentions 'serial killers' and I don't think Vash has any experience with them, if we're going by the official terms as they use them in behavioral sciences.

I may be reading into the OP too much. If OP literally means serial killer then Vash is going to have a difficult time of things, as this is mostly a mental game. If OP means mass/spree killers, then no, Vash knows who they are, he catches up with them, outfights them, and wastes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Are we talking about serial killers or spree killers/mass murders/rampage killers?

The later sort are people like Sabertooth, who just go hog wild in the open. Or Joker, who'll kill just anyone.

Serial killers operate in secret. For example, Hannibal Lecter. For years the FBI tried to catch the 'Chesapeake Ripper,' without knowing it was Lecter. Serial killers are usually highly selective.

The OP mentions 'serial killers' and I don't think Vash has any experience with them, if we're going by the official terms as they use them in behavioral sciences.

I may be reading into the OP too much. If OP literally means serial killer then Vash is going to have a difficult time of things, as this is mostly a mental game. If OP means mass/spree killers, then no, Vash knows who they are, he catches up with them, outfights them, and wastes them.
    Eh, Vash don't kill, except that one time with Legato. The killers are getting busted up if he catches them for sure though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Incredible Member

Eh, Vash don't kill, except that one time with Legato. The killers are getting busted up if he catches them for sure though.
    I thought it was Knives Millions.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How good is Vash's telepathy again?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    How good is Vash's telepathy again?
    He was able to resist Legato for seven months, as in, Legato had to focus purely on restraining him or else he'd escape. Before said seven months, he actually managed to briefly fight back (by moving his arm) and then fully resisted and nearly overwhelmed Knives trying to assimilate him.