Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That was fast. Diamond having cash flow problems.

https://www.newsarama.com/49655-diam...flmiJoyLFUhGkU
    Not surprising that a small US company is living like 80% of the US population, i.e. paycheck to paycheck.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Marvel might reconsider everything now they know that you specifically don’t like physical copies.
    No need to be a smartass when I said specifically "personally."
    Last edited by Journey; 03-31-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sorry, but this is a real pandemic going on. No April Fools is happening.
    I'd be VERY surprised if the tabloid newspapers and certain websites don't do them. But any pranks health related is probably in bad taste.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Marvel released a statement that they will not be releasing comis digitally this week https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1244978976017149963

A part of me wonders if they were just waiting to see what DC would do..
    I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case ... or played a part.

Regardless, I'm glad Marvel made the right decision. Now let's see how long they stick to it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That was fast. Diamond having cash flow problems.

https://www.newsarama.com/49655-diam...flmiJoyLFUhGkU
    So what happens if they go bust?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So what happens if they go bust?
    Lawsuits and Bitching

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Any comic shop that refused to stock Marvel or DC products over this would just be making their trip to the grave faster.
    No store is going to refuse to carry something from both companies.

For every pandering to gators complaint a lot of them make about Moon Girl, variants, event beating books and even the New Warriors-guess what they got stocked in a store.

The folks who should be tossing out digital content are those who either don't have books in stores or struggle to get them in stores. Like Scout Comics or Alterna. And I say that as someone who buys Scout comics. The few times they are in stores.

Along with the gators, fake woke black indy creators and whoever else that has content instead of devoting HOURS upon HOURS attacking folks and the New Warriors book & Gotham High school novel.

If there was ever a time to sell yourself and brand-NOW would be the time.

You are at HOME and in some case not working (or half working). Create.

What is this is a joke? Not to get anyone's Hope's up but tommorow is April 1st....

Well in all reality of the books slated to come out this month not just tomorrow-if you released the digital copy-could you cause a BOOST in orders to the store?

Batman 92-would probably do it once folks know how much she is in it or does something.

If it did.... If I was DC I would do a new variant cover with thank you fans for increasing interest/orders.

I don't know if Marvel have any that could do that. Unless there was a HUGE plot twist in New Warriors-I wouldn't bother.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd be VERY surprised if the tabloid newspapers and certain websites don't do them. But any pranks health related is probably in bad taste.
    You might want to stay off of Twitter.

Because those health pranks are happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The folks who should be tossing out digital content are those who either don't have books in stores or struggle to get them in stores. Like Scout Comics or Alterna. And I say that as someone who buys Scout comics. The few times they are in stores.
    Are you talking about digital comics? The thing is those companies have digital comics. It is all there. That is the one advantage digital has over physical, you really can't miss a digital issue. That is where the market has to grow first, people buying digital because of the huge catalog.

As for Alterna, they already stagger digital releases which are delayed by three months or something. Their mission statement is basically getting print in peoples hands for cheap. Alterna might have been the quickest of all the publishers to go on record that they would be standing with retailers and not doing digital during the crisis. Of course, they also operate outside of Diamond and are doing some shipping it seems direct to customers and are opening channels to retailers who want direct shipment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not backwards at all.

They would only be shooting themselves in the foot, grabbing at a short term gain, to lean into digital now.

Whatever money they're leaving on the table now isn't worth torching the good will of comic shops that they will be asking to stock their product again soon.
    Yes it is.

No other entertainment industry is putting a halt on their digital output because retail chains can't sell physical. The publishers can do right by shops by letting them refund the stock they purchased.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes it is.

No other entertainment industry is putting a halt on their digital output because retail chains can't sell physical. The publishers can do right by shops by letting them refund the stock they purchased.
    What other entertainment industry, that releases digital on the same date as physical, has even had its distributor shutdown?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What other entertainment industry, that releases digital on the same date as physical, has even had its distributor shutdown?
    This.

And the complaints about the suspension of digital releases are so disingenuous.

They're not about concern for the industry, they're not about concern for shops or publishers.

They're just about people wanting what they want and being irate that they, personally, are being inconvenienced.

Things will get back to normal for everyone eventually. Patience for the time being is required.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes it is.

The question that needs to be asked here, is that are you writing out of concern for the future of comics publishing or as a fan worried about what's happening in the next issue?

The former is defensible/understandable (in theory), the latter is inexcusable.

The adventures of fictional characters in a constantly regurgitated repetitious serial narrative isn't worth a hill of beans if it means several people along with their livelihoods are left unemployed.

We're all waiting right, everyone's waiting for stuff to get back to some kind of normal. Waiting for comics isn't so bad. And besides you have whole buckets of back catalogue comics to read, whereas this month you would only be getting your pull lists. It's no different from skipping a couple of months and waiting for the trade.

For once corporations are acting out of concern and pushback by people on the lower rungs, appreciate it while it lasts.

This.

And the complaints about the suspension of digital releases are so disingenuous.

They're not about concern for the industry, they're not about concern for shops or publishers.

They're just about people wanting what they want and being irate that they, personally, are being inconvenienced.

Things will get back to normal for everyone eventually. Patience for the time being is required.
    “Things will get back to normal”? Very presumptive of you. How many stores can survive anyway if this shutdown lasts beyond May as it seems very likely to? How are creators supposed to put food on the table? Things will not be going back to normal and normal sucked anyway. A massive shake up is coming.

This.

Oh no! People already stuck in a crappy situation are annoyed that things are getting worse.

And hey, it can be both. Since you can be concerned for the industry and shops at the same time. And for the same reason...if the industry manages to damage itself, it hurts the people who want comics.