Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So does Empyre (which should start properly in July). X-Men has a tie-in, remember, and that needs to be finished before X of Swords begins.
    I'm still catching up on all the DoX stuff so I haven't read anything about the xmen tie in to Empyre. Is it possible that the outcome of that mini doesn't tie into XoS they could technically run side by side?

Not unless you want the main X-Men book released out of order. Issue 12 before 10 and 11.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So are new comics coming back out on the 20th still? Which ones are coming out if they are?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Its the 27 for Marvel

Yeah, DC has a lot of books out this week from Diamond, but they're just catching up with the other distributors they've been using. It's really next week when things start going back to normal.

July solicits are out. No new titles, just stuff already announced for April and May, so it's just a list of books. Empyre starts, and some of the X books are there, but nothing at all from Outlawed - I wonder if that entire set, except for Miles Morales, will now be digital exclusive? I guess we'll know when we get the August solicitations, which should be by the end of the week.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/19/ma...art-to-empyre/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I didnt see Strikeforce, Savage Avengers, Amazing Mary Jane, or Gwen Stacy, Morbuis, Doctor Doom, Or Jane Foster Valkyrie. Have they been cancelled?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I didnt see Strikeforce, Savage Avengers, Amazing Mary Jane, or Gwen Stacy, Morbuis, Doctor Doom, Or Jane Foster Valkyrie. Have they been cancelled?

I don't know about the others but the Doctor Doom series is doing well. In fact in the last figures released for March by Diamond , Doctor Doom #7 at #46 in the top 100 outranked Slott's Fantastic Four (#48) and Savage Avengers was ranked #62 by Marvel .
    I don't think Marvel would cancel titles that ranked in the top 50. At least we'll be getting the last issue of Zdarsky's X-Men/Fantastic Four mini.

Amazing Mary Jane is rumored to be going digital only, due to the previous issues suddenly being price-reduced. I wouldn't be surprised if the others (except for Valkyrie) being cancelled or digital only.

Won't be long until we know, August solicits should be out in a couple of days.

Basically, if it's in the August solicits, then good. If not, I would assume they're digital exclusive, and if it's an ongoing, about to be cancelled.

I had Avengers of the Wasteland on my pull list and that went to digital last week. The previous issue was not on the Diamond top #100 list for March I linked to in my previous post. I will find out when I visit my LCS knows anything if I get a chance to stop in. I think they are still doing curbside. I don't think Savage Avengers and Doctor Doom will be digital only because that's a lot of product to leave on the table so to speak. The mystery to me is that for example Doctor Doom and Avengers of the Wasteland would have come out on April 1st and usually that means the printers are ready to roll with it and will be sending it to the distributors soon. Did these books get stuck in the pipeline somewhere? Are they sitting in a warehouse that is closed? No one seems to know and those who know aren't telling I guess.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-19-2020 at 12:37 PM.

If Wasteland was due on April 1st it was already printed and in Diamond's warehouse! In which case, I don't understand why it went digital - I'd have released it next week instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Wasteland was due on April 1st it was already printed and in Diamond's warehouse! In which case, I don't understand why it went digital - I'd have released it next week instead.
    Yeah, I can't understand it at all.

The Doom series is scripted until issue #10 to end the current arc. I think Cantwell tweeted something about the freelancers were told to hold off on turning in any more scripts until further notice. You know, I should check the newstand at the grocery store. I bet the National Enquirer is still publishing

It is, but maybe not for much longer. They were meant to be sold a year ago, it hasn't happened.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-ame...l-death-spiral

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I have a sneaking suspicion Strikeforce might've been cancelled. The main artist of that book just recently jumped to a new one. Of course, that could just mean the book is changing artists, as books often do, but looking at the March figures, Strikeforce was shipping LESS than 10k, so that's not really a book Marvel might prioritize right now. Also, Tini Howard is about to be one of the main writers of the next X-Men event, so I think Marvel would probably be ok with her having one less book right now.

It does look likely that the book is over... but I don't think the virus is to blame. The issue solicited for June could easily be a finale. Releasing the final issues (which should've been completed by now) digital exclusive wouldn't be a surprise.