Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes they have, digitally. Superman: Man of Tomorrow #1, Batman: Gotham Nights #1, Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace #1, Aquaman: Deep Dives #1, Flash: Fastest Man Alive #1, and DC Super Hero Girls: Infinite Frenemies #1 are all out this week. Tomorrow we get Swamp Thing: New Roots #1, and then from Monday it loops again with the issue 2s (they're weekly). And then on Tuesday the print books resume.
    Those aren't new comics. Those are stories that were printed in the Wal-Mart only comics, that are now being released digitially. By new comics, I mean actual new comics that continue the series people had been buying before the pandemic. You know, the ones that come out on Wednesday.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Are the print subscriptions though Mile High shut down or as well for the time being, or backed up?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Shut down due to nothing being released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Those aren't new comics. Those are stories that were printed in the Wal-Mart only comics, that are now being released digitially. By new comics, I mean actual new comics that continue the series people had been buying before the pandemic. You know, the ones that come out on Wednesday.
    Those comics are newer than you think. The Giants are no longer Walmart only. And these stories are from the current Giants runs which are all only one or two issues into their runs - meaning that they will, as the covers say, be Digital First after that, and thus NEW comics. Most of the actual Walmart-exclusive Giants stories were already published in digital and LCS platforms last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC aren't the ones who are lying. They did cancel with Diamond. Diamond didn't comply! They're clearly in the middle of a spat, Diamond are angry at having their hand forced - they wanted to stay shut until August! No coincidence that they say they're back in May instead the same day that DC announce the two new distributors. They're pissed off that their monopoly got smashed. Hence the petty behaviour like this:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/diam...her-dc-comics/

They removed the GEM highlight from all upcoming DC books, including Three Jokers.
    If Diamond didn't cancel DC's books, then they are NOT cancelled and DC is lying about it. And they are lying about it, in an effort to get retailers to order their books from their two new distributors, who they also lied to retailers about, in not revealing they are actually two of their biggest retailing competitors. All that deceit is why I think this isn't going to succeed. Plus, they haven't shipped a single book, and their competition is already throttling the number of copies they'll get of Nightwing 70.

Diamond has been trying to open long before this mess with DC started. Bleeding Cool was publishing rumors about it, many which were linked right in this thread. Though it probably would have been better had they stayed closed till August, pandemic wise.

Diamond is pissed off that DC is reneging on a huge order, and rightly so. DC, and the other comic companies, are pissed off that Diamond isn't paying what they are owed, and rightly so. However, DC is the only major publisher who is panicking and doesn't care how their flailing injures the industry.

As I said before Diamond furloughed employees, owe money to publishers that should've been paid a month ago, and wanted to close the comic book industry for a far too long FIVE MONTHS. Something is very wrong behind the scenes which this crisis has exposed. Competition is needed, and the shops, and the other publishers, need to get with the program.
    Like everyone else, Diamond's closing has more to do with what the government and health officials have done, than what they wanted. They originally wanted to resume shipping in August, which is FOUR MONTHS.

But I've also expressed doubts about Diamond's stability right here in this thread. I, and many a retailer, has expressed an interest in seeing a competitor to Diamond, as they've gotten away with quite a bit of incompetence because they were a monopoly. But the fact that NONE of the publishers want anything to do with this so called 'program' of yours should tell you something. It is NOT a good idea. The smart shops know that.

I really don't understand why some people in this thread, especially the ones who accuse LCBS of not being good businessmen, think supporting your direct competition is a good business move. DCBS and Midtown are RETAILERS, just like your LCBS. Why in the world would anyone want their competition, who already have the advantage of being getting larger discounts, being the ones who say how many comics you get and when you get them??? It makes ZERO sense.

The closest thing to this mess I can think of, was when Marvel went to DC's parent company for distribution of their comics in the late 50s, and were forced to slash their line from 50 to 60 titles to like 10 or 12 titles. You do NOT give your competitor control over your product.

And how are people risking lives making comic books? Digital comics can be made entirely from home.
    Where in that entire post did I say anything about digital books? It was entirely in reference to print books and Diamond, which has nothing to do with digital books. Print books have to be printed, i.e. physically made.

Although, I don't think digital books can entirely be handled at home, either. I think working at home is a temporary situation. I doubt many creators or editors have the expensive internet connections or even equipment to handle the large files required. That's not to say it couldn't be done -- but it would involve multiple upgrades.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Those comics are newer than you think. The Giants are no longer Walmart only. And these stories are from the current Giants runs which are all only one or two issues into their runs - meaning that they will, as the covers say, be Digital First after that, and thus NEW comics. Most of the actual Walmart-exclusive Giants stories were already published in digital and LCS platforms last year.
    A reprint of a STORY that came out in book from what, September 2019, is not a new a comic. Nor is it a new comic, in the manner I, and most people are referring to, i.e. new COMIC that comes out on Wednesday. By your argument, Marvel has been releasing new digital comics every week on Marvel Unlimited.

I did not know DC had started selling those Giants to LCBS directly / through Diamond, however. I don't recall seeing them on the monthly sales list, but I wasn't looking for them either.

Ultimate Member

A reprint of a STORY that came out in book from what, September 2019, is not a new a comic. Nor is it a new comic, in the manner I, and most people are referring to, i.e. new COMIC that comes out on Wednesday. By your argument, Marvel has been releasing new digital comics every week on Marvel Unlimited.

I did not know DC had started selling those Giants to LCBS directly / through Diamond, however. I don't recall seeing them on the monthly sales list, but I wasn't looking for them either.
    The Giants NO. The new stories in them-YES. Teen Titans Burning Rage is the current book they were doing. The Giants came out first with the new story coming out as a floppy later on after said story was complete. The retailers chose to throw fits and ran to Wal-mart to grab the books.

But the fact that NONE of the publishers want anything to do with this so called 'program' of yours should tell you something. It is NOT a good idea. The smart shops know that.
    Maybe just maybe the publishers realize no matter the venue to get books to the stores-that does not mean their books will get ordered.

Here is what the pandering to retailers is doing-Everybody being held up because a store might not stock their books. So if we go by the 2017 number of comic book stores which was 2306. Lets play with a number of 2,000 stores.
    For Example

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html

Humaniod Publishing
    Ignited 7 1238 copies
    Omini 5 1060 copies
    Strangeland 6 saw 728 copies

If you have 2000 stores selling comics-going by those numbers. A LOT did not order them. So why bother rushing back?

Savage Dragon 244 saw 3790

If you have 2K stores every store should have 2 copies? My store tends to order 4-5. So a lot of stores ignored this book.

Lion Forge
    Seven Days 5 1480
    Vault
    Cult Classic Creature Feature 1322 (bought this book)
    Action Lab
    Zombie Tramp saw 4145
    Going to the Chapel 4 saw 1239 (bought this book)

Scout Comics NONE of their books were above 2397. Ahoy comics same thing.

A lot of stores did not order these books. So why bother? Especially for titles that were not supported by stores? Going digital would benefit them.

And seeing that IDW, Titan, Boom and Dynamite have LICENSED books-what is stopping Paramount (owner of Star Trek), Hasbro (owner of Power Rangers & GI Joe) and BBC (Dr Who) & Ben Aaronnvitch (Rivers of London) from saying PENCILS up? In Ben's case-he is the writer of Rivers of London as well as the owner-he can do what he WANTS. Since all those franchises have guarantee sales to libraries and schools.

Books that are not supported by comic book stores.

A reprint of a STORY that came out in book from what, September 2019
    Nope. The Giants were all on their second or third issues. Anything from September was reprinted months ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-25-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Diamond didn't cancel DC's books, then they are NOT cancelled and DC is lying about it. And they are lying about it, in an effort to get retailers to order their books from their two new distributors, who they also lied to retailers about, in not revealing they are actually two of their biggest retailing competitors. All that deceit is why I think this isn't going to succeed. Plus, they haven't shipped a single book, and their competition is already throttling the number of copies they'll get of Nightwing 70.

I really don't understand why some people in this thread, especially the ones who accuse LCBS of not being good businessmen, think supporting your direct competition is a good business move. DCBS and Midtown are RETAILERS, just like your LCBS. Why in the world would anyone want their competition, who already have the advantage of being getting larger discounts, being the ones who say how many comics you get and when you get them??? It makes ZERO sense.
    Turns out Diamond were the liars. They've now admitted DC canceled the orders.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/diam...-monday-night/

Haven't shipped a single book? Er, explain this then.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...n-bubble-wrap/

And as I mentioned once already, retailers also being distributors is perfectly normal. Retailer WHSmith owns magazine distributor Smiths News, which has over half the UK magazine market.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Mycomics-the place where it's hard to find books? They have sales and I can find Nothing of interest.

Lonestar-could careless about them after they shut up stores in Dallas. They overcharge on books too.

If all the crossovers are nothing more but yet another showcase of entitlement characters like batman who only pander to comics book stores-NO.

All you are going to get are books packing bins.

Unless you are going to think outside the box and I mean REALLY think outside of it.

Looney Toons or Hananna barbera guys met some marvel folks.
    Disney meets DC.

Lets see what a trash talking match between Static & Deadpool looks like.
    Lets see Doom and Kobra butt heads.
    Lets see Cassandra Cain meet Ms Marvel
    What would a conversation between Mr Terrific and Black panther look like.
    Kraven the Hunter versus Bugs Bunny.
    Iceman meets Midnighter.
    Brother Voodoo meets Deadman
    Space Ghost meets the Inhumans
    Moon Girl meets Gizmo
    Vixen and Storm
    Scarlet Witch meets Zantanna
    Scooby Doo meets Beast
    Miles meets Tim Drake
    Morbius meets Vampirella
    Punisher meets Deathstroke
    Cyborg meets Shuri
    Ducktales meets Legion of Doom
    Black Panther, Doom, Namor, Aquaman, Black Adam, Kobra & Red Lion have a contest of who has the most.
    Thunderball meets Lex Luthor and finally gets acknowledge for being a Doctor.
    What would a day with Harley & Squirrel Girl looks like?
    What would a day look like with Joker and Moon Knight? Or worst a Venomized Joker?

Toss out stuff that would normally never be thought of.
    Mycomics is hard to find books? Its the best site for back issues

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Mycomics is hard to find books? Its the best site for back issues
    I have had too many issues finding the issues I want on there.

The books I want are never in stock.

Most of the book I go for are the classic-if you don't buy NOW-don't cry if you can't find or find it at a decent price. Looking at YOU Scout Comics.

And on a side note-my store is listing the new DC books slated to come out this week. They just haven't listed the FOC books and in my case one of those books was on my FOC before all this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I have had too many issues finding the issues I want on there.

The books I want are never in stock.

Most of the book I go for are the classic-if you don't buy NOW-don't cry if you can't find or find it at a decent price. Looking at YOU Scout Comics.

And on a side note-my store is listing the new DC books slated to come out this week. They just haven't listed the FOC books and in my case one of those books was on my FOC before all this.
    You sure you're not confusing mile high comics with mycomicshop? The latter has their books listed alphabetically, it's impossible not to find a comic that's on stock. And their prices are fair.

This is starting to feel like one of those horror movies where the person doesn't realize that they are already dead. After Disney furloughed staff across divisions, the House of Mouse owned Marvel Entertainment’s Marvel Comics, is now doing the same by cutting its editorial staff by half....http://www.animationxpress.com/index...rting-26-april
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-25-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This is starting to feel like one of those horror movies where the person doesn't realize that they are already dead. After Disney furloughed staff across divisions, the House of Mouse owned Marvel Entertainment’s Marvel Comics, is now doing the same by cutting its editorial staff by half....http://www.animationxpress.com/index...rting-26-april
    oy vey; I hope they get the ship up and running once all of this is done.

They could have kept everything going if they simply released everything digitally; think about the gains they would make with people subbing to Marvel Unlimited or Comixology.

I simply cannot believe how this is continuing.

BANNED

Whelp, better start preparing for the worst. Even if Marvel Comics comes back in any recognisable capacity it's going to be a coin toss to see if any of the current ongoings survive.

Time to grab some tang and enjoy the show! "tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down..."

That needs to be reversed immediately.