Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    This is bullshit, no other entertainment industry has stopped digital releases over this virus. I can buy new eBooks on Kindle no trouble. Video games has been mostly digital for years. Even Hollywood is fast tracking recent movies to video on demand services.

But I guess Marvel loves their 'flood the shelves' strategy more than trying to honestly grow the readership through digital sales.
    Exactly. This approach is completely backwards. They are leaving money on the table not pushing digital right now.

I said all along they were damned if they do and damned if they don't. Whatever they did was always going to displease some people.

If only they could ask Ulysses what's going to happen... remember him, from Civil War II?

***runs***
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Exactly. This approach is completely backwards. They are leaving money on the table not pushing digital right now.
    Not backwards at all.

They would only be shooting themselves in the foot, grabbing at a short term gain, to lean into digital now.

Whatever money they're leaving on the table now isn't worth torching the good will of comic shops that they will be asking to stock their product again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not backwards at all.

They would only be shooting themselves in the foot, grabbing at a short term gain, to lean into digital now.

Whatever money they're leaving on the table now isn't worth torching the good will of comic shops that they will be asking to stock their product again soon.
    Any comic shop that refused to stock Marvel or DC products over this would just be making their trip to the grave faster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Any comic shop that refused to stock Marvel or DC products over this would just be making their trip to the grave faster.
    Yes, comic shops would certainly be carrying Marvel and DC product regardless of how they're being treated now.

But just as a basic guideline of decent human behavior, you don't treat people like sh*t and kick them when they're down just because you know they have no choice but to take it.

Extraordinary Member

There is a lot of stock that goes unsold. It is not like anyone is not going to order stuff for pull lists or shelf copies they know will move. We are talking about shelf copies of hyped books or the stuff they hope someone might see that has been sitting there for a month and maybe pick up the three back issues they still have there. We have all gone in the shops and seen the stacks. There is a lot of stuff they could not order for the shelves at all and no one would notice, what they would notice is the new title from Dark Horse or BOOM! or whoever else worked to help them (from the shops perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

But just as a basic guideline of decent human behavior, you don't treat people like sh*t and kick them when they're down just because you know they have no choice but to take it.
    But that's exactly how Marvel and DC treat the fans.

BANNED

But that's exactly how Marvel and DC treat the fans.
    No, they don't.

The dipsh*t comicgaters would say that because Marvel and DC don't cater specifically to them but that isn't the same as mistreating someone.

Marvel and DC put out books and tell stories that they believe in and hope the consumer will believe are worth their time and money.

The consumer has the freedom to read and buy books as they choose.

It would be a very different circumstance for publishers to forfeit the loyalty of brick and mortar stores and go all in on digital at this moment and then, once its done, expect stores to line up to buy, stock and promote their product again.

That was fast. Diamond having cash flow problems.

https://www.newsarama.com/49655-diam...flmiJoyLFUhGkU

What is this is a joke? Not to get anyone's Hope's up but tommorow is April 1st....

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Marvel released a statement that they will not be releasing comis digitally this week https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1244978976017149963

A part of me wonders if they were just waiting to see what DC would do..
    That's dissapointing, but not unexpected.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What is this is a joke? Not to get anyone's Hope's up but tommorow is April 1st....
    Sorry, but this is a real pandemic going on. No April Fools is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sorry, but this is a real pandemic going on. No April Fools is happening.
    Well then this is just small thinking, I just don't understand how not bringing any money in at all seems like wise idea, yes it's a pandemic Corona's not going anywhere anytime soon, I don't understand personally I couldn't care less about Physical copies.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well then this is just small thinking, I just don't understand how not bringing any money in at all seems like wise idea, yes it's a pandemic Corona's not going anywhere anytime soon, I don't understand personally I couldn't care less about Physical copies.
    Marvel might reconsider everything now they know that you specifically don’t like physical copies.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Marvel might reconsider everything now they know that you specifically don’t like physical copies.
    :P

This site needs a LIKE button.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?