Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This crisis hasn't put a dent on the digital side of literally every other entertainment industry out there. In fact, it is striving right now due to people who can't or won't leave their homes. This is the time to capitalize not come to a halt because physical can't be available.
    But...if you go digital you can't make variants! Think of the poor variants. You can't overship. You can't flood digital shelves. You can't say "This title is really a success when you count the digital sales" when all you have is digital sales. Digital would just be the (gasp!) people buying only what they want!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Oh, and the customer might actually expect the books to be cheaper as well.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Oh, and the customer might actually expect the books to be cheaper as well.
    That customer would sadly be disappointed. Why do you think comics are so expensive nowadays? In large part it's because the audience is so much smaller. If you throw 90% of the audience away by trashing the LCBS, just so that digital buyers, a small portion of the market, isn't deprived of their weekly fix for a month or two, then digital buyers will have to make up the difference. Look for your digital books to be ten times more expensive.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Boom Studios aren't doing digital.
    https://bleedingcool.com/2020/03/28/...cs-no-digital/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That customer would sadly be disappointed. Why do you think comics are so expensive nowadays? In large part it's because the audience is so much smaller. If you throw 90% of the audience away by trashing the LCBS, just so that digital buyers, a small portion of the market, isn't deprived of their weekly fix for a month or two, then digital buyers will have to make up the difference. Look for your digital books to be ten times more expensive.
    You are saying everything in a matter of fact way while I'm saying everything in a bitter way. We are saying the same thing. Marvel needs the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You are saying everything in a matter of fact way while I'm saying everything in a bitter way. We are saying the same thing. Marvel needs the shops.
    Okay.
    I'm sorry, it didn't come across that way at all / I mis-read.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    True enough. Also, don't mean to repeat myself here, but if that does happen do stores just release multiple issues of the same book at once because of the backlog? Seems like that can quickly lead to a disaster.
    Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if we get double shipped into penury for a month or two when they start printing again. At least, with the books connected to any events. Some titles might get away with just picking up where they left off. But that's another can of worms. I hate double shipping. But at least this time, we might be able to at least have one artist, instead of two or three.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is very disappointing.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Breaking: https://www.newsarama.com/49625-dc-a...ronavirus.html

DC is going with the multi-distribution model and all books that're sent out between March 18th and June 24th will be fully returnable. Expect Marvel to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Okay.
    I'm sorry, it didn't come across that way at all / I mis-read.
    Don't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is very disappointing.
    Yeah, it means no Power Rangers comics. At least Beast Morphers season 2 is airing new episodes... though that'll probably stop at the end of April, they just aired episode 5 and usually go on summer hiatus after episode 8.

DC is going with the multi-distribution model and all books that're sent out between March 18th and June 24th will be fully returnable. Expect Marvel to do the same.
    Looks like digital comics are out as normal from DC too.
    https://bleedingcool.com/2020/03/28/...day-april-1st/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was unironically excited to spend three months of comics money on OnlyFans, but that dream is dead now.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

A podcast interview with prominent retailers

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So...does that mean physical comics will be back out sooner rather than later?

Really wish DC is going to switch for a subscirption model à la Marvel Unlimited.

Cause 5 bucks for a comics lol? Yeah, no, thanks you very much.