Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

More digital shifts.

Bye bye Jane and Andi I guess, their books are probably cancelled by the end of their next arcs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I wonder how much of this is dimond doing. I wonder if they asked marvel to cut titles to make it easer to start up

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    More digital shifts.

Where are you getting FORCE WORKS #3 from, I've seen sources (Newsarama, CBR and others) for all the others but this is the first mention I've seen of 2020 FORCE WORKS #3

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Where are you getting FORCE WORKS #3 from, I've seen sources (Newsarama, CBR and others) for all the others but this is the first mention I've seen of 2020 FORCE WORKS #3
    Confirmed by Marvel.com

Mighty Member

How does coronavirus really effect comics?I understand the shipping and diamond were effected and now were good.But does diamond want Marvel to cut there books and go digital for the low selling books .I might not understand the reason for that?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think part of it is even Marvel recognizes there's a limit to the market and flooding even more books doesn't contribute to anything. The issue isn't the comic book reader's purchasing, but the comic book shop. If they flooded the market, shops would have to buy the books on the off chance someone chooses that one (as opposed to some other) in a very crowded market. This is an enormous expense that could cause these shops to go under. Interested parties can still buy them digitally and it'll save Marvel costs on printing even if there's likely a lower return. Plus, I suspect these are books they've already paid for so it's a sunk cost anyway.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Though some of the Empyre tie-ins have apparently been scrapped. Surely work on those should've started before April?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though some of the Empyre tie-ins have apparently been scrapped. Surely work on those should've started before April?
    Well remember: BC reported that Marvel asked several creators to stop work on a lot of their books when all this began. So it doesn't entirely surprise me if they have pages that are ready but don't feel comfortable moving forward with them in print or digital.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Well remember: BC reported that Marvel asked several creators to stop work on a lot of their books when all this began. So it doesn't entirely surprise me if they have pages that are ready but don't feel comfortable moving forward with them in print or digital.
    Like the entirety of Outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    How does coronavirus really effect comics?I understand the shipping and diamond were effected and now were good.But does diamond want Marvel to cut there books and go digital for the low selling books .I might not understand the reason for that?
    -The number of people unemployed keeps going up. As that continues to grow, people will have less money to spend on things like comic books. If they know they will make less money, they will need to adjust to make up for that.

-Every week Marvel wasn't putting out comics during the shutdown they were losing money. They need to offset that loss somewhere. Spending more money to print low-selling titles won't offset that loss.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like the entirety of Outlawed.
    Exactly. I'm willing to bet that if Outlawed #1 hadn't come out in March, they would have scrapped the entire event altogether.

Mighty Member

I think Marvel is Focussing on the top titles like X-men and Spider-man and the rest. Like the importent titles and doing away with mins and low selling titles. I hope in the coming months it would be as it was before.I dont know if that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Exactly. I'm willing to bet that if Outlawed #1 hadn't come out in March, they would have scrapped the entire event altogether.
    Power Pack and New Warriors may well have been KOed.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14 will need a digital release by July 15th (current schedules only go up to the end of June), or there'll be a continuity error in Captain Marvel #17 which is out on that date - namely, Kamala running around when she shouldn't be. Outlawed ended with her unconscious in the hospital, a cliffhanger that was due to be resolved in her next solo issue. She should be off the board until that issue is published.

Champions of course also can't start until that Ms. Marvel issue is published - and it'll probably be cut to one arc. Miles Morales #17 is out in print on June 10th, but the lack of later resolicits makes me suspect that, as well as Ms. Marvel and Champions, will be digital after that. That's just a guess though. I wish they'd tell us which books have been cancelled and which are just waiting for a release date!