Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1029

Manga uses many distributors and many were still coming out after diamond shut down. You can still get the newest manga trade of case closed or one piece. It's never good to have all your eggs in one basket.

As for monthly (and weekly!) comics manga has them in black in white 200 page mags in little chapters with many stories per book on cheaper paper to cut cost.

There is a sunday mag also that's the size of a phone book and people get them sent to their house the same as newspapers!

You then get the trades for better papers! Japan has manga vending machines also at bus and airports and some airports have a manga area with bookcases of manga you can read for free! (and no one steals them!)

Also movie chains will see manga and toys based on the movies that are out! New detective conan movie out? There will be a display of toys, manga and other things based on it when you see the film! Why are there no spider-man or batman trades set up when their movies come out here?

American comic companies may want to look into what japan is doing.

FCBD just became a casualty, as the event has now lost both of the big two. Marvel's titles are out next month, they're not waiting to see what new date Diamond sets. Of course, they did need to be out by September anyway because the X-Men comic is a prelude to X of Swords.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Manga uses many distributors and many were still coming out after diamond shut down. You can still get the newest manga trade of case closed or one piece. It's never good to have all your eggs in one basket.

As for monthly (and weekly!) comics manga has them in black in white 200 page mags in little chapters with many stories per book on cheaper paper to cut cost.

There is a sunday mag also that's the size of a phone book and people get them sent to their house the same as newspapers!

You then get the trades for better papers! Japan has manga vending machines also at bus and airports and some airports have a manga area with bookcases of manga you can read for free! (and no one steals them!)

Also movie chains will see manga and toys based on the movies that are out! New detective conan movie out? There will be a display of toys, manga and other things based on it when you see the film! Why are there no spider-man or batman trades set up when their movies come out here?

American comic companies may want to look into what japan is doing.
    For all intent purposes those two don't need it because of who they are.

Also from what I have seen in stores-folks are not touching those trades as much as one would think.

Now if you were doing Black Panther or Moon Girl- YES I would suggest they do that. I know Minecraft and someone else does it too.

From the dc topic--- (note first part was about people bringing up marvels bankruptcy in the 90s.)

Marvel also just bought toy biz, that trading card company and ultraverse malibu also. People keep forgeting they went on a buying spree right before this.

AMC did the same thing last year also and are in really bad shape due to it.

Also why on earth are all comics in america with one group? It's putting all your eggs in one basket and all of american comics shut down if something goes wrong. (and it did) Japan and other overseas comics are spread out and done by many publishers and as a result you could pick up case closed and one piece while marvel and dc was shut down!

The young adult comics also not done by diamond was still going also in fact books a million has a huge display for the new dogman book! By the way how many marvel and dc comics get huge front store displays like that? They are giving away dogman hats, having a dogman reading club and others things! They are making a event out of the kids graphic novel!

Right in the next hall is a huge manga display as well and on the other side is a young adult display with manga and books like guts and sunny side up!

When's the last time marvel or dc has done this and it wasn't to promote a movie?

There is a huge set of mags and newspapers when i go into wal-mart or the family dollar right there at the check out. They even have kids mags. You know what else they sometimes has? Guts, archie, and dogman trades! No marvel or dc trades. Also why not send some floppies to these stores along with the mags? Then again the $4 price tag for a two min story may scare some new readers away!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Eventhough they are similar products...sequential art stories illustrated in book format...Manga and (American) Comics are produced in entirely different ways.
    For Comics to publish a more cost effective product a lot of what we value...the writing, the art, the storytelling wold have to change drastically from what we have now.

A compromise could be Marvel and DC publishing "cheaper" black and white trades or single issues on cheaper paper...to snag potential new readers.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Diamond raised shipping price angering comic shops.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...eopens-1301472

More like they kept their prices the same, but shops are no longer entitled to bulk discounts because DC went with other distributors and Marvel have been skipping weeks. A week's order with only indies will be much smaller than one that includes the big two.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    More like they kept their prices the same, but shops are no longer entitled to bulk discounts because DC went with other distributors and Marvel have been skipping weeks. A week's order with only indies will be much smaller than one that includes the big two.
    A lot of the indies scaled back. IDW was slow to get things out, Dark Horse is still on quarantine or something. Retailers also likely scaled back on orders, fulfilling subs but reducing shelf copies. It all adds up. That said, there was some mention of Diamond changing shipping methods that Diamond avoided talking about in their reply.

Ultimate Member

Thank you for your patronage throughout this COVID 19 Pandemic! We are happy to announce that most subscriptions have resumed shipping at this time! Publication was halted and has resumed for select titles as early as May 2020. We are still working to assist with any missing issues due to the pandemic. Please make any claims for any issues that released through March by 07/01/2020 for assistance. Thank you once again for your continued patience and we are happy to help and resume providing subscriptions.

From marvel subscriptions.

So nothing really new.

1st July? That's three days ago...

Also, it reads as 7th January to Brits like me, but I knew what you meant because January in this case would be impossible (being before March).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    1st July? That's three days ago...

Also, it reads as 7th January to Brits like me, but I knew what you meant because January in this case would be impossible (being before March).
    I am still trying to get my account stored out.

because Miles should be the only book active and Ironheart should be gone or listed as completed.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Huh? That U-turn is a good thing - they realised they goofed. Lets hope DC learns the same lesson with Supergirl and The Terrifics.

I already bought the two Hawkeyes!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate