Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Spoiler alert: when the dust settles on this, the Big Two will still be the Big Two.
    Why are the main guys hollering and screaming the MAIN ones who don't buy comics?

Folks have tried new ideas and guess who has issues with it?

Not every company will be in bad shape. It's not like they don't have unpublished stories in storage that can't be put out for a time until everything stabilizes. I know Archie has done that and so has Marvel.

Disney is hurting like everyone else. And if anything, they’ll be one of the first to recover from this, because they have the kind of influence and success necessary. People are not gonna stop going to their parks, watching their movies/shows or buying their merchandising forever, you know. If anything, Marvel is safer with Disney than if it was a smaller, independent company. Also, Marvel Comics doesn’t exist in a vacuum. They are the breeding ground for the movies, shows, games and merchandising that gives Disney billions of dollars. Why would Disney cut the source of all of this? Marvel Comics won’t ever go down unless all or Marvel and Disney go down along with it, and that’s very, very unlikely to happen.
    If those theme parks were open right now-there would be a line to get in. Virus or no virus.

Folks (especially the trolls) need to understand Marvel is more than that comic book that some worship. Like DC it covers books, trades, clothes, tv, movies and way more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    What do you think will happen to physical comics?
    They'll start being printed again sometime soon.

FFS, people. This is not the apocalypse. It's a temporary pause. And behind the scenes, production on books is still continuing.

If nothing else, this delay will ensure that once things get going again, there'll be no late books for some time!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Does anyone know if they will do new releases in digital format.
    According to my LCS owner he's heard no. There'll be no new digital releases until physical copies resume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    THere are some rumblings that Apple is gonna make a play for Disney again. With Disney trading lower than it has in a while, Apple may try to buy it up.
    That's a bs rumor. Not happening.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They'll start being printed again sometime soon.

FFS, people. This is not the apocalypse. It's a temporary pause. And behind the scenes, production on books is still continuing.

If nothing else, this delay will ensure that once things get going again, there'll be no late books for some time!
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Disney made it through the "dark ages" 70s and early 80s and survived a nasty hostile takeover they defeated when weak in the 80s. I think they will be ok. Parks have had bad times also a made it's way back but this may delay new stuff in the park.

Will Marvel subscriptions continue?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Disney is hurting like everyone else. And if anything, they’ll be one of the first to recover from this, because they have the kind of influence and success necessary. People are not gonna stop going to their parks, watching their movies/shows or buying their merchandising forever, you know. If anything, Marvel is safer with Disney than if it was a smaller, independent company. Also, Marvel Comics doesn’t exist in a vacuum. They are the breeding ground for the movies, shows, games and merchandising that gives Disney billions of dollars. Why would Disney cut the source of all of this? Marvel Comics won’t ever go down unless all or Marvel and Disney go down along with it, and that’s very, very unlikely to happen.

The movies haven’t stopped making money. Hollywood stopped putting out movies temporarily. Once things go back to normal, then we can assess if the movies will still be making money or not. And if I had to take a guess, they will. I can’t imagine Phase 4 opening with Black Widow and being a flop.

And before anyone brings up Birds Of Prey being a financial disappointment, that’s mostly on Warner, not Disney. We all know DC films haven’t had the same consistent track record as Marvel. Last year DC had huge success with Joker and a lukewarm reception for Shazam!, while Marvel crushed with all three of their releases.

Disney was smart to get into the streaming business when they did. It’s the one thing that’s not crashing and burning right now. I’m curious to see what Marvel’s approach to their digital platforms will be during this time.
    Honestly once things ease up, the public will be starved for entertainment so Disney and those other companies will be making dough unless the yankees' income took a financial hit during the lockdowns.

As for streaming they really need to hurry up and make Hulu and Disney+ worldwide and be less stingy with content.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

It starts.I went to previews release for April and it was no comics there Marvel needs to make a statement about this and what this means for Empyer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    It starts.I went to previews release for April and it was no comics there Marvel needs to make a statement about this and what this means for Empyer
    I'm sure Marvel doesn't want to make too many definitive statements until they, like everyone else, sees exactly how the current situation is going to play out.

One thing you can be sure of is that the comics will eventually come out. Empyre is not cancelled. It will just come out at a later date.

And when it does come out, it might be as a weekly event rather than two issues a month. Who knows?

All will be revealed in time.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm sure Marvel doesn't want to make too many definitive statements until they, like everyone else, sees exactly how the current situation is going to play out.

One thing you can be sure of is that the comics will eventually come out. Empyre is not cancelled. It will just come out at a later date.

And when it does come out, it might be as a weekly event rather than two issues a month. Who knows?

All will be revealed in time.
    True to an extent, but producers like IDW and such are already pushing their stuff back until June so they're expecting this to last at least that long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    True to an extent, but producers like IDW and such are already pushing their stuff back until June so they're expecting this to last at least that long.
    And Universal moved F9 to next year while Warner moved WW 1984 to this August. Everybody's going to have a different reaction.

I do think its reasonable to think that June, at the latest, will be a good date for comics to resume. But there might be an opportunity to start sooner.

We'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And before anyone brings up Birds Of Prey being a financial disappointment, that’s mostly on Warner, not Disney. We all know DC films haven’t had the same consistent track record as Marvel. Last year DC had huge success with Joker and a lukewarm reception for Shazam!, while Marvel crushed with all three of their releases.
    In terms of box office, but not critically.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Previews World, which I assume is where you looked, is part of Diamond. Marvel hasn't yet postponed the books - Diamond just aren't shipping them. It's Marvel.com you need to keep an eye on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Digifiend so is there something else than beside Diamond comics