Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Who would it star? Valkyrie? She is a doctor after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack;4906596

He says that if and when the crisis abates, Marvel might do a response issue like ASM#36v.2 (aka [I
    The 9/11 Issue[/I] with that famous all-black cover). But not while it's ongoing.
    I would really hate if they did this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would really hate if they did this.
    I would like all comic to bypass this. I am NOT in the mood for the trolls to go off on that.

It's bad enough they are using this to claim this really the fault of SJW closing stores and Gamestop.

Even if it was for charity to help stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who would it star? Valkyrie? She is a doctor after all.
    Noooo, regular Jason Aaron is bad enough. This book would release a new far more terrible Aaron upon the world. If you like his writing more power to you. I'm all too familiar with his preachy self-important work from Thor and Avengers. Putting him on this kind of book with his favorite pet character to boot? Yikes.

That is the worst that could happen. The best case scenario is Jane does some helpful stuff in a touching story while still managing to make Thor look bad.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

The 9/11 issue was cringe-y even at the time and I wouldn't like to see something like that again.

I agree with those who said that the best thing the industry could do after publishing starts up again would be for Marvel and DC to bury the hatchet and do another crossover, maybe one that starts out as print-only and goes digital later on. That would not only sell, but it would be a symbol of companies putting aside their differences and coming together to try and save comic book stores from going extinct.

Mighty Member

Any comics resulting from this are going to be bad, like the September 11th issue of "Spider-Man". But, if the proceeds support some kind of relief efforts, it would be justifiable. .

Who the hell is saying that SJW types closed GameStop? GameStop is one of the companies that I blame for the mass shutdowns. (For those unfamiliar, GameStop was exceptionally irresponsible two weeks ago, proving that some businesses could not be trusted to make even a basic effort.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Any idea why Diamond shut down? They are a low contact operation. And, them shutting down could be what kills the industry.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The 9/11 issue was cringe-y even at the time and I wouldn't like to see something like that again.

I agree with those who said that the best thing the industry could do after publishing starts up again would be for Marvel and DC to bury the hatchet and do another crossover, maybe one that starts out as print-only and goes digital later on. That would not only sell, but it would be a symbol of companies putting aside their differences and coming together to try and save comic book stores from going extinct.
    I would love a crossover but I just can't see Disney/WB or even the respective editorials playing ball enough to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Any idea why Diamond shut down? They are a low contact operation. And, them shutting down could be what kills the industry.
    Most likely it boils down to warehouses and delivery drives being sick and going to work.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...js4-story.html

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They are a non-essential business. No one needs comics.

Mighty Member

Wharehouses and shipping are allowed to remain open. A few stores around here (including a hobby shop) are shipping product

BANNED

Wharehouses and shipping are allowed to remain open. A few stores around here (including a hobby shop) are shipping product
    The members of this message board aside, nobody in their right mind is going to potentially risk their life over a comic book.

That's true of the customers at the LCS but also anybody involved in the packing and distribution. Even Amazon is cutting back on non-essential orders and yet several of their warehouses have been contaminated by the virus anyway.

Marvel and DC needs to go digital first on these books. With people stuck at home this the perfect time for it. Throw some free comics or trial to lure them in. When things return to normal go straight to trade.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They're gonna delay both physical and digital.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They're gonna delay both physical and digital.
    What for? There's no roadblocks preventing digital releases.