Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

DC is obviously being way quicker than Marvel with their plans. I can't help but feel like Marvel really is waiting for DC to make the move first and then decide if it's a good idea to follow suit depending on the reaction/results.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how people start announcing stuff with all the conventions closing. If there's even anything to announce.
    A lot of announcements are probably going to be held back due to all the delays, but if they do announce things, I imagine it's probably going to be all straight to social media. Maybe a couple of live streams if they wanna keep the ''event'' feeling of getting people together.

Ultimate Member

I’m not surprised at all that DC had taken a pre-emptive step to distribute their comics.

Like I’ve said earlier, something had to give. The way distribution works in the USmeans that Diamond basically has a hammerlock on the direct market and they were basically forcing the industry to a standstill. While their position is understandable, there was literally no way the comic companies would sit down and wait for God knows how long before they move out new comics. I don’t believe the publishers have that much capital or even cash reserves to continue to operate without selling new comics on a weekly basis.

With DC looking for a new way to distribute, I fully expect Marvel to do the same. If Marvel eventually starts to ship out new comics, then we going to witness the largest shake up to the industry since the collapse of the 90s multiple distribution system.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Doesn't specifiy what division, films or the comic book staff. Could be across the board. Let's hope the mouse is generous and has paid leave.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/49879-init...-is-mixed.html

Some retailers are still not happy. Like, the argument about being too soon and some stores not being able to open... I get that (although some of those stores should really consider having an online store/delivery system, just saying), but people bitching because they don't want the Big Two to make business outside of Diamond? Screw that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Some retailers are still not happy. Like, the argument about being too soon and some stores not being able to open... I get that (although some of those stores should really consider having an online store/delivery system, just saying), but people bitching because they don't want the Big Two to make business outside of Diamond? Screw that.
    Quoted for truth.

If shops are still closed, then I can understand the complaints, but if they're open, they should be happy. Anyway, nobody's forcing them to use the new distributors. Diamond's still an option, they'll just be shipping a few weeks later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't even know what Beano is, but 48k a week sounds pretty damn good. That's around what Marvel's current top ongoing titles other than X-Men sell every month in floppies.
    Anyone who wants to know what Beano is, there's a free PDF download here: https://www.beano.com/posts/the-gold...weight-in-lols
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    can somebody give me a link to write to marvel
    In last month's FF letters page, they listed their e-mail address as MHEROES@MARVEL.COM or go to this page on the Marvel site

Ultimate Member

Agree.

Funny no one is yelling at movie studios who are online releasing movies. Not even movie chains. Because they know they are going to make money again at a later date.

Why can't they understand that?

And I would ask the complainers if the books Marvel were to list Moon Girl, Ms Marvel or New Warriors-would yall be crying? You know the books most of these stores did not order or question the existence of that book being made?

Moon Girl was cancelled last year.

Brian Hibbs of Comix Experience in San Francisco isn't pleased. Says he can't sell other than by pre-order - well, he needs to launch a website then!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...tion-decision/

DC's news caught everyone else out.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...ion-punchline/

These people sound so fucking dramatic it's not the end of the world if they decide to start releasing product.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Man, this whole thing feels like a crapshoot for everyone involved (no wonder why Marvel seems pretty stringent on not exactly telling their plans atm). But I'm not lying when I say that I'm actually pretty interested to see the drama unfold over the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Agree.

Funny no one is yelling at movie studios who are online releasing movies. Not even movie chains. Because they know they are going to make money again at a later date.
    We aren't seeing the big releases being sent straight to online release. They are just being pushed back. I doubt a Marvel movie or Wonder Woman goes straight to VOD.

And I would ask the complainers if the books Marvel were to list Moon Girl, Ms Marvel or New Warriors-would yall be crying? You know the books most of these stores did not order or question the existence of that book being made?
    I doubt Marvel would release those books, but something tells me there is a pent up demand for New Warriors lol. It's become the Marvel Comic's equivalent of "The Room".
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Brian Hibbs of Comix Experience in San Francisco isn't pleased. Says he can't sell other than by pre-order - well, he needs to launch a website then!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...tion-decision/
    He was also one of the retailers who made a stink about their digital plans, which is why they're doing something like this in the first place. Again, it sucks, but Marvel and DC are businesses. The longer this goes on the more likely it is they're gonna put out something just to get a cash flow of some kind coming in. They tried it with digital and everyone screamed at them until they cancelled that plan. Now they're doing this even though a huge chunk of stores aren't gonna be open.

Agree.

A lot of comic shops are run by hobbyists, not businesspeople.