Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't understand how DC is coming off more competent than Marvel throughout all this. It really sucks because I barely read DC comics!! Why won't they just release digital this is stupid.
    They really should. All of the Outlawed books except Miles, as well as Runaways, those books would definitely sell well digitally, they're not strong direct market sellers (as Outlawed's poor March performance sadly proves).

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    What a strange release schedule. Very few new issues. Only X issue I saw was Marauders. The empyre 0s are 2 weeks apart???
    May 27: Marauders #10
    June 10: Excalibur #10 and New Mutants #10
    July 8: X-Force #10
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This staggered release nonsense is better than nothing but I still say they should have been releasing new stuff digitally this whole time. Let just the floppy collectors deal with picking up staggered copies instead of all of us.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    This staggered release nonsense is better than nothing but I still say they should have been releasing new stuff digitally this whole time. Let just the floppy collectors deal with picking up staggered copies instead of all of us.
    Especially considering what is NOT listed.

A book that has a certain faction, trolls and even Joe Rogan celebrating at it's absence.

A book that if it does not come out stores like mine will have to refund all those FOC including any orders for that Mark Bagley variant. Especially the guys who got the book listed on Ebay.

A book that should have 2 (maybe 3) issues already done.

Bye, bye, Marvel! Good bye! So this is the end of an era for me!

Amazing Member

This is genuinely disappointing. I was excited when the last release schedule had Empyre starting in a few weeks, and comics coming back. I feel like Marvel is just toying with our emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Especially considering what is NOT listed.

A book that has a certain faction, trolls and even Joe Rogan celebrating at it's absence.

A book that if it does not come out stores like mine will have to refund all those FOC including any orders for that Mark Bagley variant. Especially the guys who got the book listed on Ebay.

A book that should have 2 (maybe 3) issues already done.
    Are you suggesting that New Warriors might NEVER be released?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    This is genuinely disappointing. I was excited when the last release schedule had Empyre starting in a few weeks, and comics coming back. I feel like Marvel is just toying with our emotions.
    It's not personal, it's a business and businesses can't do as much as they want in a pandemic. Something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you suggesting that New Warriors might NEVER be released?
    Yeah, I'm wondering when they'll release any of the finished comics or how they're going to approach the event moving forward...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2020 at 11:28 AM.

The other X books are there - Marauders, New Mutants, Excalibur, X-Force. X-Men's missing because it's meant to be an Empyre tie-in, and Empyre will only have it's zero issues out on the dates listed.
    Hellions, Wolverine, Children of the Atom and X-Factor are also missing.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Once there’s a more “normal”, Marvel really needs to kick it into high gear with Empyre etc. They can’t just continue with “filler” stories that bridge the gap between their big stories...otherwise readers certainly WILL go down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Once there’s a more “normal”, Marvel really needs to kick it into high gear with Empyre etc. They can’t just continue with “filler” stories that bridge the gap between their big stories...otherwise readers certainly WILL go down.
    Is that in their control? The production side may be harmed by this the longer this continues and the distribution conflict is going to mess everything up on that end. They will likely lose many staff and freelancers in the interim and it'll take a while to get them back to full strength, pre coronavirus. It's not like flipping a switch. Everything won't go back to normal in two weeks.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They really should. All of the Outlawed books except Miles, as well as Runaways, those books would definitely sell well digitally, they're not strong direct market sellers (as Outlawed's poor March performance sadly proves).
    Yeah, I agree. Like I said before, I don't think all books should be digital firsts right now, but with shops possibly ordering less than ever due to the pandemic, Marvel should cut their losses with some floppies and let low ordered books go digital. Besides the Outlawed line and some other low ordered titles, I think that could work for some of the Empyre tie-ins. The main event will probably come out in the traditional format, but with the staggered release schedule, imagine how many months we're gonna have to endure for all of the tie-ins to come out. Letting some tie-ins come out digitally to accompany the issues of the main event coming out in print sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

Then again, I'm not sure what is happening with Marvel right now. With the whole furloughing of staff and titles being put on hold, I'm not sure if they are even in a position to finish producing all of their books for digital release right now.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-02-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Like I said before, I don't think all books should be digital firsts right now, but with shops possibly ordering less than ever due to the pandemic, Marvel should cut their losses with some floppies and let low ordered books go digital. Besides the Outlawed line and some other low ordered titles, I think that could work for some of the Empyre tie-ins. The main event will probably come out in the traditional format, but with the staggered release schedule, imagine how many months we're gonna have to endure for all of the tie-ins to come out. Letting some tie-ins come out digitally to accompany the issues of the main event coming out in print sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

Then again, I'm not sure what is happening with Marvel right now. With the whole furloughing of staff and titles being put on hold, I'm not sure if they are even in a position to finish producing all of their books for digital release right now.
    Something tells me that they're in a much more dire strait than we assumed. Otherwise, they wouldn't be asking talent to stop work on books and furloughing staff.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Something tells me that they're in a much more dire strait than we assumed. Otherwise, they wouldn't be asking talent to stop work on books and furloughing staff.
    Rodman agrees.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/shut...n-your-future/

DC Tuesdays currently look to be here to stay. What other things may change? Disney went from looking great money wise, to bleeding millions of dollars. Disney may very well need cash in the future. Disney bought Marvel for over four billion. The Marvel movies have most likely made it worth a lot more. Could a sale be in the future to bring in much needed cash? Disney has a lot of properties they could sell instead and may be able to borrow their way out. Time will tell how long people will stay away from movie theaters and amusement parks. Even before the theaters closed, attendance was going down due to the virus.