Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Meanwhile, Geppi wants us to back the comeback...

https://www.comicsbeat.com/diamond-a...-the-comeback/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, Marvel just announced a new book for August (Maestro)... which is weird, considering that by early July, they still won't have published all of the April-solicited books, and we still don't know the release date for ANY of the May/June/July-solicited books. Bold of Marvel to already have something new in their line-up when there are 3/4 months of comics to be sorted out. That makes me think there are definitely a lot more digital-first books to be announced, because otherwise they would be way behind on their schedule.

Or maybe they just felt really confident about Maestro and wanted to get that book out earlier.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-15-2020 at 04:54 AM.

They just announced a Fantastic Four mini for August too. There's definitely more digital exclusives to be announced other than the eight series we know about. Two DC books just joined them - Supergirl and The Terrifics. Like the Marvel titles, they're only 2-3 issues away from the end.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, Marvel just announced a new book for August (Maestro)... which is weird, considering that by early July, they still won't have published all of the April-solicited books, and we still don't know the release date for ANY of the May/June/July-solicited books. Bold of Marvel to already have something new in their line-up when there are 3/4 months of comics to be sorted out. That makes me think there are definitely a lot more digital-first books to be announced, because otherwise they would be way behind on their schedule.

Or maybe they just felt really confident about Maestro and wanted to get that book out earlier.
    Or they've been catering towards older creators for a while so they want to give a book by PAD priority.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

In the X-Men thread, an image of the "X of Swords" cover was released and it said September 2020, so maybe that's when everything gets caught back up. Think that event was supposed to start in July.

It was. I don't believe they intend to catch up at all - some comics will never appear in the LCS. Someone asked what was out when, so I made a list, including all books in the April solicitations with no new release date.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ll-marvel-ship

Note how big the list of undated comics is! Those should, presumably, be out in the rest of July (I know I've said it already, but we really should know exactly what they're releasing then by now), which would mean May's solicited books are in August and June's in September. The fact new titles have been announced for those months (at least two minis in August) means that clearly, that's not the plan. Some of those undated books must be going digital exclusive.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was. I don't believe they intend to catch up at all - some comics will never appear in the LCS. Someone asked what was out when, so I made a list, including all books in the April solicitations with no new release date.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ll-marvel-ship

Note how big the list of undated comics is! Those should, presumably, be out in the rest of July (I know I've said it already, but we really should know exactly what they're releasing then by now), which would mean May's solicited books are in August and June's in September. The fact new titles have been announced for those months (at least two minis in August) means that clearly, that's not the plan. Some of those undated books must be going digital exclusive.
    X-Men #12 supposedly is a prelude issue to X of Swords and is listed in the TPB. #9 was the last releasd, so it seems like #10 could come out in July, #11 in August, and #12 in September with it starting then like the ad that just came out said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    X-Men #12 supposedly is a prelude issue to X of Swords and is listed in the TPB. #9 was the last releasd, so it seems like #10 could come out in July, #11 in August, and #12 in September with it starting then like the ad that just came out said.
    But it’s not just the X-Men series, they also have to release many other issues before the event starts (through July, and August): Excalibur #11, Marauders #11-12, X-Force #11-12, New Mutants #11-12, Wolverine #3-5, Cable #2-4, Hellions #2-4, X-Factor #1-3

that’s 21 issues together. (and these are only the series that tie in the event, there are still many other X titles missing)
    They need to release 2-3 X-Men related issues every week from July to able to catch up for the X of Swords event in September
    Be kind, it's FREE

X of Swords isn't the only event affected either. Both Iron Man 2020 and Outlawed have already seen one tie-in end up being digital exclusive (Ironheart and Ghost-Spider) and I'll bet that Empyre will see some tie-ins go the same way. Won't surprise me if some of the X books do as well, especially since two of them have yet to launch and another two only have one issue out so far.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-digital-only/

BC mentions in this article that Marvel is making Amazing Mary Jane a digital-exclusive, but that hasn't been announced yet. I wonder if they got it mixed up with another book or if they have a scoop about other titles going digital.

Mighty Member

Well we will know soon .Marvel for August will be sometime next week

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    X of Swords isn't the only event affected either. Both Iron Man 2020 and Outlawed have already seen one tie-in end up being digital exclusive (Ironheart and Ghost-Spider) and I'll bet that Empyre will see some tie-ins go the same way. Won't surprise me if some of the X books do as well, especially since two of them have yet to launch and another two only have one issue out so far.
    I know that, I was replying to what was said specifically about the X event. Besides we just learned yesterday when the X event will take place, so we can already calculate how much time left for how many titles need to be released regarding this event. Do we know anything about when Empyre or how long it will be delayed? I know nothing about it, I only follow X books. But even if we look at only the X titles, it’s already a lot within a short period of time. I don’t know if it makes any difference if some of the titles were released physically or digitally only, but they all still need to come out before the event starts in September.
    Be kind, it's FREE

So does Empyre (which should start properly in July). X-Men has a tie-in, remember, and that needs to be finished before X of Swords begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-digital-only/

BC mentions in this article that Marvel is making Amazing Mary Jane a digital-exclusive, but that hasn't been announced yet. I wonder if they got it mixed up with another book or if they have a scoop about other titles going digital.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...l-only-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Well we will know soon .Marvel for August will be sometime next week
    You assume. We don't even have the full JULY solicits yet, we don't know what's out after July 8th!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Yeah, I'm curious if we're going to get August solicits with new issues/books solicited.

Fantastic Member

The Maestro and F4 minis can probably stand on their own so that's why they can be announced before some of the missing April and May books are scheduled.
    My guess is that we'll get the 2nd half of July and all of August's full solicits this week.