Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Default Jody Garland, Thor-Ul, CBR Family: Please Help Me Identify All the Hawkwomen?

Greetings My CBR Family and Compeers,

Can you help me identify all the Hawkwomen from Hawkman #22?

Thank you for sharing your ideas!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Sure, I can try!

I suspect the golden one in the top left is the Hawkwoman to Goldhawk.

The jet winged one dead center at top is likely a version of Timothy Truman's Shayera.

The Rocketeer-influenced Hawkwoman under the above is likely the Rannian Katharthul's Shiera.

The lady knight under the above is probably the Silent Knight's Shiera, Lady Celia.

To her right is the Kryptonian Catar-Ol's Shiera.

Beneath her is the original Golden Age incarnation in her first costume.

Front and center is Princess Cheyer, Khufu's wife.

To her right is the gunfighter Cinnamon, partner of Nighthawk.

Silver Age Thanagarian Shiera is to her right.

The Plague Doctor on the far right is the 16th Century Plague Doctor's Hawkwoman; an upcoming standalone issue focuses on him.

The distinctly blue Hawk on the far right is, I think, the largely unknown Red Harrier's partner.

The bottom right is most likely the Oceanic Birdman's Hawkwoman, Birdwoman.

To her left, my guess is the New Genesian Airwing's partner. That's an extreme guess though.

The only Hawkwoman worthy of the name is Shayera Thal Hol.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

First off, she's called "Hawkgirl" not "Hawkwoman".

Second, you can try by looking here:
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hawkgirl

They've split Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman into different characters; the one in Justice League is Hawkgirl and the one in Hawkman pictured above is Hawkwoman. I kept the nomenclature like that to avoid confusion.

Thank you, Jody, my friend! Awesome!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Sherra (yellowish armor and big gun, next to Plague Hawkwoman) is from Hawkman #13 (the planet Nebulen).

Late to the party. I was AFK and when I back, everything has gone to hell.
    I would say than Jody nailed most of the identities of Shayera. I would add the one above Cinnamon as the mysterious figure who knew Ktar.
    I have doubts about the Birdwoman at bottom right. She seems like the partner of Sky tyrant, but it is most possible then Jody is right about her.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-16-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Could any of them have been an Amazon from Themyscira?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Could any of them have been an Amazon from Themyscira?
    I doubt it. The past lives of Shayera are bounded to the past lives of Carter. It is not impossible, if their relationship should had happened before the Heracles incident, because with the Amazons isolated in Themyscira, the relationship could be difficult.
    Not counting the fact than the amazons are immortal.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-18-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

That looks awesome. I'm glad I didn't drop the book, but that Sky Tyrant story has been rank!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    They've split Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman into different characters; the one in Justice League is Hawkgirl and the one in Hawkman pictured above is Hawkwoman. I kept the nomenclature like that to avoid confusion.
    I think you just answered a question I had about this image. I found it odd that Hawkgirl of Earth-2 wasn't counted as a reincarnation life. But then I noticed as you pointed out, it's Hawkwoman that's in the cycle not Hawkgirl now. So the Earth-2 doesn't line up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I think you just answered a question I had about this image. I found it odd that Hawkgirl of Earth-2 wasn't counted as a reincarnation life. But then I noticed as you pointed out, it's Hawkwoman that's in the cycle not Hawkgirl now. So the Earth-2 doesn't line up anymore.
    They could still reveal that, since Kendra only broke free from the cycle in Snyder's Justice League. Venditti introducing Multiversal Reincarnation with the Sky Tyrant is an interesting wrinkle that could be expanded, if he wants, or just left as a neat quirk of Earth-3.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I doubt it. The past lives of Shayera are bounded to the past lives of Carter. It is not impossible, if their relationship should had happened before the Heracles incident, because with the Amazons isolated in Themyscira, the relationship could be difficult.
    Not counting the fact than the amazons are immortal.
    I guess Shayera could have been an Amazon before they were cloistered -- and still interacted with men. I would see Carter as one of the men in the group with Hercule and Theseus -- and so the Hawks would probably have been killed in the battle between the two groups. But they are usually reincarnated in significant roles -- so maybe Shayera would have been Antiope -- and Carter would have been Theseus?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    They could still reveal that, since Kendra only broke free from the cycle in Snyder's Justice League. Venditti introducing Multiversal Reincarnation with the Sky Tyrant is an interesting wrinkle that could be expanded, if he wants, or just left as a neat quirk of Earth-3.
    That's exactly why I found it weird that Earth-2 Hawkgirl is missing in that image. Venditti established that time and space don't really matter.