Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steve Trevor's family and other things

One of the issues Steve Trevor has is they just make him a soldier and we no nothing else. Do you guys think about having his family in the comics again? Or what makes him important to Wonder Woman comics, I mean yeah he is her guide but after that what else? I often thought maybe he should have a pretty good knowledge of magical items thanks to Diana. What does Steve learn from Steve? I mean other than how the man world acts?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-13-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One of the issues Steve Trevor has is they just make him a soldier and we no nothing else. Do you guys think about having his family in the comics again? Or what makes him important to Wonder Woman comics, I mean yeah he is her guide but after that what else? I often thought maybe he should have a pretty good knowledge of magical items thanks to Diana. What does Steve learn from Steve? I mean other than how the man world acts?
    I would love to find out Steve Trevor has a sinister family, with global domination ambitions, that he is keeping his distance from. Maybe, he is a Brilliant, a Randolph or a Domaine. Perhaps, he has a rivalry with a an older brother, who is decidedly unlike him.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-13-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I would love to find out Steve Trevor has a sinister family, with global domination ambitions, that he is keeping his distance from. Maybe, he is a Brilliant, a Randolph or a Domaine. Perhaps, he has a rivalry with a an older brother, who is decidedly unlike him.
    That's been done before. After Steve died in the Bronze Age his brother Greg came to Diana at the funeral and said he was a member of a secret government organization and she and the Justice League were in danger. He had lost contact with Steve years earlier but followed his exploits and was jealous of him. He blamed Wonder Woman for his brothers' death, went nuts, abandoned his agency and became the leader of a terrorist cell called U.N.R.E.S.T. where he was the lone member. He set death traps for Wonder Woman but she and Hawkgirl figured him out and his former agency came and took him away.

Spectacular Member

His family is not dead. He still has his sister Tracy and her 2 kids, her husband died in a car accident i think. It's a very normal family and that's why you don't hear a lot about them. They are not in heros business and have no reason to be in it except when someone hunts Steve (See N52 Justice League)

True. The issue is that they never give him nothing but solider lifestyle. We do have his mom in the military. I’m just saying to make him a whole character what does he do him he his military person. What are his likes.

Spectacular Member

If he is not part of military he becomes has irrelevant as the rest of his family so it's a hard NO for me (and i fear for Etta to heading this way). As for what he likes, cooking is one of his hobby (which is good for Diana, she is terrible at it). Oh and he hates magic (See N52 Justice League Dark).

I never said he shouldn't. He needs to be a full character. We never got what he likes or dislikes. Does he share a love of music? Does he have a religion? With Etta, it can go either way. Has Etta was in College. I mean if Diana was let's say around the same age has Etta she can learn also about people her age. I mean if Diana is dating Steve wouldn't it make sense to have her meet them. If there is going to be some mirroring maybe the same can be said with Steve's family.

Spectacular Member

I never said he shouldn't. He needs to be a full character. We never got what he likes or dislikes. Does he share a love of music? Does he have a religion? With Etta, it can go either way. Has Etta was in College. I mean if Diana was let's say around the same age has Etta she can learn also about people her age. I mean if Diana is dating Steve wouldn't it make sense to have her meet them. If there is going to be some mirroring maybe the same can be said with Steve's family.
    I agree with everything you said but don't forget it has to be relevant to the story. It's not everyday superheros lives we are reading. Does Diana met Steve family ? Yes, as seen in N52 Justice League, she knows Tracy and her kids for some time but we only see them here because it is relevant to the story. She also know of his goddaughter and her mother (Rucka's run), but it is only mentioned because it wasn't relevant to the story to develop these relationships.

For Steve's religion, again if it's relevant to the story why not. There is potential to explore more of the sphere of the gods, other pantheons, the endless, heaven and hell...but then you go heavily toward the sandman universe.

I just watched a movie on TCM called "All That Heaven Allows" with Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman and thought of Steve. It's all about Jane Wyman's character's life and she gets into a fledgling romance with Rock Hudson. He invites her to a party and she and the audience meet his friends and see how he behaves around them and that's all that's really needed to understand him perfectly. That's what they have to do with Steve, open up a window into his other relationships so we see how those characters view and relate to him. The Odd Fellows would be a good start and then his other family could be introduced.

I know it’s relevant to the story but i bring this up because I would really like a Steve Trevor arc. He sometimes feels one dimensional. For his religion. I often thought it would be interesting if Steve had to go to get magical items to Diana or something else.

Spectacular Member

I know it’s relevant to the story but i bring this up because I would really like a Steve Trevor arc.
    I feel you, i really want the same but it's not up to us unfortunately

It's just sometimes I like Steve to have why is he important in the comics. That he did take now the JL is good but other times he is just there. I mean what skills should he have? If Diana isn't there should he have something to fight back against certain villains?

Spectacular Member

I mean what skills should he have? If Diana isn't there should he have something to fight back against certain villains?
    Well...we will probably know more of his skills in the upcoming leviathan : checkmate

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Well...we will probably know more of his skills in the upcoming leviathan : checkmate
    Cool. I mean and I know this is dumb. Should Steve have his own Lasso of Truth?

Spectacular Member

Cool. I mean and I know this is dumb. Should Steve have his own Lasso of Truth?
    Truth is really Diana's weapon, not really Steve's. As a spy, lies is more something he has to do, even to Diana because that's the job ans she knows it. But in the end it's just a mean to get the truth. They want the same thing but use different methods.