Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Now here might be one way to incorporate them. Because of the Thanos thing, that is what caused the XGene. So X-men movie would be 20 years after the last Avengers movie. Which could give an entirely different landscape.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    We still don't know how they're going to incorporate the mutants into the MCU, but I think it'll feel forced no matter how they do it. Honestly, the only X characters who would really benefit from the MCU connection are Rogue and Psylocke (though Captain Britain isn't even part of MCU yet). Who else? Captain America and Black Widow are gone, so almost nothing for Wolvie. Storm/Black Panther is trash, she deserves better than being reduced to a love interest in someone else's franchise.
    I don't think it will feel forced,The Ultimate Universe method would work. It doesn't require a long history of connection. Honestly I keep telling people MCU X-men should probably be reimaging of their origin in 2000s. MCU is too deviated from the source material to try to telling the story using 616 history. I think they do what Avengers did is use UU base because it is solid set up for a modern setting then tell modify stories from the 616.

Fantastic Member

This is where i see a problem in bringing the Xmen in. I felt like the Fantastic Fpur could work still if they were just trapped on the other side when the aliens came to earth in the 1st Avengers movie. But unless you change the mutants origins or have it that they went off world or that maybe a Secret Wars type thing already took place and now bring about the incursions it dont think it'll work. Maybe with the last Avengers movie and Steve opting to stay in the past after returning the Infinity stones, perhaps somehow this could have altered things, maybe the radiation from the stones or an alternate timeline was produced which brings in mutations and thus the Xmen. But this would still be a somewhat alternate universe with them in it

BANNED

Because I literally do not care about the Avengers, nor what other people are hyped about. When the movies are all the rage, I still don't care. When writers want me to be all "grrrrr" about Scarlet Witch, I still...don't care. For the most part, they have always been boring and remain borin. Also, the fewer resources Disney is spending on Avengers etc, the more they can put into X-Men. I don't need a single minute of my X-Men movie promoting Captain Flag or whoever.

Spider-Man is kinda cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Because I literally do not care about the Avengers, nor what other people are hyped about. When the movies are all the rage, I still don't care. When writers want me to be all "grrrrr" about Scarlet Witch, I still...don't care. For the most part, they have always been boring and remain borin. Also, the fewer resources Disney is spending on Avengers etc, the more they can put into X-Men. I don't need a single minute of my X-Men movie promoting Captain Flag or whoever.

Spider-Man is kinda cool though.
    The X-Men are simply overshadowed in a world with The Avengers in it.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't think it will feel forced,The Ultimate Universe method would work. It doesn't require a long history of connection. Honestly I keep telling people MCU X-men should probably be reimaging of their origin in 2000s. MCU is too deviated from the source material to try to telling the story using 616 history. I think they do what Avengers did is use UU base because it is solid set up for a modern setting then tell modify stories from the 616.
    Thats an idea. How would you do it though. I think the UU had Wolverine as 1st modified human or mutant because of Weapon X trying to replicate Captain America and then the mutant trigger or gene was released into the environment like a vorus if you will. Would that be the route to go or something similar?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The X-Men are simply overshadowed in a world with The Avengers in it.
    They really aren't. I would just like to not see any Avengers content in my X-Men.

Ok. A scene with a drunken Thor battling Frost Giants with Baby Jean would hypocritically be up my alley, but besides that I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Thats an idea. How would you do it though. I think the UU had Wolverine as 1st modified human or mutant because of Weapon X trying to replicate Captain America and then the mutant trigger or gene was released into the environment like a vorus if you will. Would that be the route to go or something similar?
    No clue. Honestly. My guess however it happens that mutation will be pretty recent phenomenon which mostly stops the long reaching backstories like Xavier,Wolverine,Magneto and Apocalypse. And the writers happily approach the X-men as clean slate. the exacts are only important to fans like us the general fanbase isn't going care if mutation came from lab or is natural phenomena. Tying it to Captain America make sense, Having a big scary almost viral outbreak of superhumans along with the boogeyman of Magneto talking about how they are inheritors of earth and doing terrorist acts. Would set up a really good reason for mutants to be Hated and Feared in the MCU I mean you can see right now with CODVID19 that people will freak out at pandemic applying that thought process mutants gives maybe one of the strongest reasons for humans being terrified of mutants. But that said it would kill some of the minority metaphor with that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    We still don't know how they're going to incorporate the mutants into the MCU, but I think it'll feel forced no matter how they do it. Honestly, the only X characters who would really benefit from the MCU connection are Rogue and Psylocke (though Captain Britain isn't even part of MCU yet). Who else? Captain America and Black Widow are gone, so almost nothing for Wolvie. Storm/Black Panther is trash, she deserves better than being reduced to a love interest in someone else's franchise.
    The connection is so little indeed, the little connection that exists, a lot of X-Men fans call it trash and forced. Kitty and Star Lord were worse than Black Panther and Storm. I can imagine the anger from x-men fans. Marvel wanted us to buy Guardians of the Galaxy comics since their comics were still not selling after a movie hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The social and political climate that is necessary for an X-Men context makes the Avengers out to be hypocritical upholders of an unjust status quo. In a world with X-Men, the Avengers are villains.
    In the world of X-Men, Avengers hurts their message. Avengers hurts their reputation. MCU is never going to be keen on explaining why X-Men are monsters to humanity and Avengers are god's gift. In case you have not noticed, MCU story range is that of a tea spoon.

we keep circling back to the idea that they are hard to integrate when anyone can write a million reasons for why they would only be introduced now imao
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

i just dont want weapon X to ACTUALLY be an experimental stark industries branch that went rogue because manlet supreme tony forgot to give them dental and maternity leave to bethany, and everyone at the officee loves bethany.
    I mean she works her ass off to prepare for being a single mother, and everyone pitched in to help and tony couldnt even give basic maternity leave???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The connection is so little indeed, the little connection that exists, a lot of X-Men fans call it trash and forced. Kitty and Star Lord were worse than Black Panther and Storm. I can imagine the anger from x-men fans.
    The connection was more from bad writing than anything. Why do you think that?

Marvel wanted us to buy Guardians of the Galaxy comics since their comics were still not selling after a movie hit.
    This is bad, why?

In the world of X-Men, Avengers hurts their message. Avengers hurts their reputation. MCU is never going to be keen on explaining why X-Men are monsters to humanity and Avengers are god's gift.
    What are the links you're making jumping to those conclusions? In Marvel the status quo is that mutates are less controversial since they're not as upstaging society as mutants due to mutants being a species that everyone knows will replace humanity and that creating mutants can be very dangerous when many are teenagers when they get their powers so they're unprepared and cause unintentional property damage. That's why Xavier's institute is so important for training and social connections to ground them from accidentally killing people. Scott Summers would be killing people left and right without the quartz visor, for example.

The Avengers are beloved since they save the world, but that's not so say it's all been comfy. Civil War and the Accords have put them under heavy government scrutiny. They got mixed reactions after the Battle of New York, too.

The tone of post is so strange, why are you mad at the Avengers for being popular?

In case you have not noticed, MCU story range is that of a tea spoon.
    You're just not interested in looking at the world building objectively.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i just dont want weapon X to ACTUALLY be an experimental stark industries branch that went rogue because manlet supreme tony forgot to give them dental and maternity leave to bethany, and everyone at the officee loves bethany.
    I mean she works her ass off to prepare for being a single mother, and everyone pitched in to help and tony couldnt even give basic maternity leave???
    Could be a branch of HYDRA and/or S.H.I.E.L.D. instead, but other than that, I do agree with you on being tired of damn near every major villain in the MCU being tied back to Tony Stark being a thoughtless jerk, especially given how that's resulted in MCU's version of Spider-Man pretty much being the cleanup boy for Iron Man's messes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could be a branch of HYDRA and/or S.H.I.E.L.D. instead, but other than that, I do agree with you on being tired of damn near every major villain in the MCU being tied back to Tony Stark being a thoughtless jerk, especially given how that's resulted in MCU's version of Spider-Man pretty much being the cleanup boy for Iron Man's messes.
    the whole universe's obessesion for references and 'being conected' just makes the universe feel small, shallow and has really slow/reductive worldbuilding, x-men need a bit more spice and high concept stuff han the mcu can offer

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the whole universe's obessesion for references and 'being conected' just makes the universe feel small, shallow and has really slow/reductive worldbuilding, x-men need a bit more spice and high concept stuff han the mcu can offer
    Good point. As fun as it can be for seemingly disparate/separate things in the 'verse to have common origins or whatever, it can feel a little too insular. Speaking of high-concept spice, how about introducing the mutants/X-Men via the Celestials and the upcoming Eternals? Given that Eternals and mutants were both created by Celestial tampering with the human genome and human evolutionary potential in the comics, they could just say that mutants are basically "cousins" of the Eternals.
    The spider is always on the hunt.