Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

It does me proud to see the entirety of the X-fandom reject idea of the X-men in a shared universe in the MCU.
    Just think if this keeps up no more thoughts of potential bomb fires like Avengers vs x-men, uncanny avengers, Magik being shoehorned into a dr. Strange movie, or wolverine needlessly crossing over to other films. Keep at it X-fandom, no more crossovers.

there are some some x and larger marvel universe interaction I enjoy Rogue/Carol, Beast/Wonderman, Wolverine/Cap, Wolverine/Hulk, Wolverine/Psylocke vs the Hand etc to name a few so I enjoy quite a few crossover elements......However it all depends how it is done and the frequency to which it is done. I don't mind it every once in a while but I don't need constant avenger or whatever other outside franchise apperances in X books if I was that interested in them I would buy there books at the end of the day I read X-Men and Mutants books for that part of the Marvel U and by and large that is what I should get....I don't mind and enjoy mutants interacting with those outside of the X verse in crossover events so long as those events are respectful to all sides and sad to say imo quite a few events especially the AvX, House of M and IvX events come across as examples of crossovers that kind of use the X franchise popularity and more loyal fanbase to elevate other franchises at the X-Men's expense that I do not like at all......also not a fan of other franchises usurping traditionally x related things one reason I was never fond of something like uncanny avengers.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I think the best way to introduce mutants in the MCU is as a secret society similar to the inhumans (via Krakoa). Over recent decades, more mutants are being born outside Krakoa.

They are urban legends amongst conspiracy theorists and are monitored by governments, who help keep their existence secret. They could fill in gaps with random and known mutants in the world protecting and saving lives during various attacks that have taken place in the MCU.

When their existence is revealed, it will be something that shakes and reshapes the MCU going forward.
    Last edited by Silver Phoenix; 11-19-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    They try to attach logic to illogical hate.

"Oh how can people like the Avengers or other super powered beings but hate the mutants."

Which is the whole point of the X-men and the mutants in general is to be hated and feared by people. Some folks just don't understand that.
    There is also alpoit that everyone miss that justify the whole thing. Mutant powers are random. Even more so that average superpowers. As anyone can have mutant child with any sort of powers. A poor disenfranchised person can get godly power, or the son of rich wealth tycoon could get pretty useless power(looking at you warren). Ir worst you could end up with a efed up biology that require unbelievable tech crutch just to be able to live along other people. Not just do the same thing are normal human, no. Just existing along other people.
    Tech powers, like falcon or iron man, get a pass because they can be removed easily, he'll was pretty much the plot of Iron Man 2 at first, gifern wanting to confiscate (with reasons) iron man techand in winter soldier Falcon had to steal his flying suit, since it wasn't his propriety.
    Accidentally powers are the sore point actually, but in way that could be worked if you think that good chunk of them are accidents from experiments, there is a certain unfair logic in that the victims "had it coming". Is unfair since the ff nor Peter wanted it to happen to them. Amd one think with precautions you can prevent it( after all after ff not all spacemen get mutated by cosmic rays, nor there is a pandemic of radioactive arthropods powers.)
    Than there are those imbued by an active outside agents, and this are feared but for different reasons, as you do really are comfortable with invincible flaming skeleton fueled by hell power? Why thebfule this demand skeleton? Or with a n invincible space warrior empowered by an alien intelligence. There is always the lingering suspect that perhaps they do not have truly earth well being at their core...
    But as I said mutants are different, I that is not result of an accident the could be prevented, not a tech that could be confiscated, nor a external agent(..that we know of). It just happens to human DNA in reaction to impossible environmental conditions(hmm like half of life form of planet just being snuffed away and then back to life...). You can prevent it, you can decide who get what...you just have to deal with it. And hope the one getting invincibility powers is not a sociopath. Or form the point of view of those in power, a social activist who is pissed at social inequality.

So yeah mutant in MCU work like a charm...hell just convert xmen green and go for it, would be work great as starting incidents tha that mutants on the "hated list"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I think the best way to introduce mutants in the MCU is as a secret society similar to the inhumans (via Krakoa). Over recent decades, more mutants are being born outside Krakoa.

They are urban legends amongst conspiracy theorists and are monitored by governments, who help keep their existence secret. They could fill in gaps with random and known mutants in the world protecting and saving lives during various attacks that have taken place in the MCU.

When their existence is revealed, it will be something that shakes and reshapes the MCU going forward.
    That would be a rip-off of Eternals, Atlantis, and maybe even vampires though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    There is also alpoit that everyone miss that justify the whole thing. Mutant powers are random. Even more so that average superpowers. As anyone can have mutant child with any sort of powers. A poor disenfranchised person can get godly power, or the son of rich wealth tycoon could get pretty useless power(looking at you warren). Ir worst you could end up with a efed up biology that require unbelievable tech crutch just to be able to live along other people. Not just do the same thing are normal human, no. Just existing along other people.
    Tech powers, like falcon or iron man, get a pass because they can be removed easily, he'll was pretty much the plot of Iron Man 2 at first, gifern wanting to confiscate (with reasons) iron man techand in winter soldier Falcon had to steal his flying suit, since it wasn't his propriety.
    Accidentally powers are the sore point actually, but in way that could be worked if you think that good chunk of them are accidents from experiments, there is a certain unfair logic in that the victims "had it coming". Is unfair since the ff nor Peter wanted it to happen to them. Amd one think with precautions you can prevent it( after all after ff not all spacemen get mutated by cosmic rays, nor there is a pandemic of radioactive arthropods powers.)
    Than there are those imbued by an active outside agents, and this are feared but for different reasons, as you do really are comfortable with invincible flaming skeleton fueled by hell power? Why thebfule this demand skeleton? Or with a n invincible space warrior empowered by an alien intelligence. There is always the lingering suspect that perhaps they do not have truly earth well being at their core...
    But as I said mutants are different, I that is not result of an accident the could be prevented, not a tech that could be confiscated, nor a external agent(..that we know of). It just happens to human DNA in reaction to impossible environmental conditions(hmm like half of life form of planet just being snuffed away and then back to life...). You can prevent it, you can decide who get what...you just have to deal with it. And hope the one getting invincibility powers is not a sociopath. Or form the point of view of those in power, a social activist who is pissed at social inequality.

So yeah mutant in MCU work like a charm...hell just convert xmen green and go for it, would be work great as starting incidents tha that mutants on the "hated list"
    Those are good points as well. The randomness of mutant manifestations would be a huge factor in why people are more afraid of mutants compared to other superhumans, who are at least slightly more easily quantifiable in comparison. The real issue for humanity in that regard would be the lack of control, especially control by the "elite" sectors of human society, or predictability inherent to mutant powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.