Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to fight coronavirus…

Hello,

now coronavirus is considered as a pandemic and concerns everyone in the world.

There isn't any cure for that but there are gestures and products that are efficient to 'kill' the virus.

And one of them is soap…

Here is an article on the Guardian that explains why it is so effective:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-disinfectants

Edit : In country after country are taken radical measures to confine the pandemic and to avoid that too many sick people are admitted to the hospital at the same time.
    I found that reading was a great help to pass the time when you can no longer have access to your normal activities.
    It also helps to reduce stress as frightening news are everywhere in the media.

So the longest and most riveting are the comics, better they are…

Last edited by Zelena; 03-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Wash your hands with soap. Like, routinely throughout the day. Dont put your hands on your face, unless washing it with soap.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

This is great advise! The most shocking thing about this whole thing is just how gross people are and how many people don't wash their hands at all.

Stay home and read your Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is great advise! The most shocking thing about this whole thing is just how gross people are and how many people don't wash their hands at all.
    Exactly. I feel like people are so dirty today with very poor personal hygiene.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently the poison control center had to tell people that drinking bleach will not help.

https://wgno.com/news/drinking-bleac...ter-warns-tmw/

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

People forget that Hydrogen Peroxide kills germs also but diluted with some water you can also use it as mouth wash. I use a spray that Lysol has with hydrogen peroxide because bleach damages too many surfaces. Both will discolor fabrics

Tony Stark, Victor von Doom and any one with body armor will be safe in the MU...probably the Thing too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Apparently the poison control center had to tell people that drinking bleach will not help.

https://wgno.com/news/drinking-bleac...ter-warns-tmw/
    You see, if you tried to write this into a comic, no one would believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    People forget that Hydrogen Peroxide kills germs also but diluted with some water you can also use it as mouth wash. I use a spray that Lysol has with hydrogen peroxide because bleach damages too many surfaces. Both will discolor fabrics

Tony Stark, Victor von Doom and any one with body armor will be safe in the MU...probably the Thing too
    It also gets blood out of jeans!

What spray is this??

Extraordinary Member

OK, so I feel really weak and hoarse and tired...then I remember that I work at a grocery store and just went through a 13 hours shift and a 10 hour shift.

If I don't get this thing next week, I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What spray is this??
    It's just one of Lysol's basic cleaners. One has no added ingredient, one is Lysol plus bleach and another is Lysol plus hydrogen peroxide. These of course are for household cleaning. But if you're mostly at home just wash your hands with soap as usual. Lately when I am out I will use the store bathroom to wash my hands if I touched anything but didn't buy it. I also wash my hands after eating when I am at a restaurant or fast food place.

It also gets blood out of jeans!
    Yes but you have to make sure it comes out in the wash. If it doesn't, don't put the clothing in the dryer and treat it again. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of baking soda with the hydrogen peroxide on the stain.

Wanda Maximoff: "No More Coronavirus!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Except that viruses are not germs, it is not alive per se… until it penetrates a cell and replicates.

OK, so I feel really weak and hoarse and tired...then I remember that I work at a grocery store and just went through a 13 hours shift and a 10 hour shift.
    If I don't get this thing next week, I will be shocked.
    At the butchery, the lady who took my money had gloves (to protect herself) and at the market place, the saleswoman told me she had a little bottle of hydroalcoholic solution next to her.

There's no fate, it requires caution… and people willing to adopt new habits.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Wanda Maximoff: "No More Coronavirus!"
    If only…
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-15-2020 at 03:43 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I was in line at the pharmacy to get my dads medicine. I sneezed. I sneezed into a tissue and used hand sanitizer right away. This woman two people back went nuts on me. Yelling about how I am going to get people sick and I should be ashamed of myself. And I need to be at home and gt myself tested.

I get this is bad. But the panic from people and the over reaction are really getting on my nerves.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.