Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it should be easy for Spidey and Doc Ock to Practice social distancing with the webs and metal arms. So those two should be safe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    it should be easy for Spidey and Doc Ock to Practice social distancing with the webs and metal arms. So those two should be safe.
    And Susan Storm, too… but all need to eat and touch objects.

The Healers should be able to heal themselves and be safe, I think.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Does anyone think that there will be a baby boom in 9 months from everyone staying inside. Kind of like there was after that big New York Blackout years ago?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Does anyone think that there will be a baby boom in 9 months from everyone staying inside. Kind of like there was after that big New York Blackout years ago?
    My spouse asked me the same thing the other day. We had a good laugh at that.

I the New York blackout of ‘77. Wound up w. two new nieces and a nephew because of it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Wash your hands with soap. Like, routinely throughout the day. Dont put your hands on your face, unless washing it with soap.
    I do that anyway because I'm an obsessive hand washer.

I was in line at the pharmacy to get my dads medicine. I sneezed. I sneezed into a tissue and used hand sanitizer right away. This woman two people back went nuts on me. Yelling about how I am going to get people sick and I should be ashamed of myself. And I need to be at home and gt myself tested.

I get this is bad. But the panic from people and the over reaction are really getting on my nerves.
    They will have to put up with me. I sneeze all year round and have a continuing stuffy nose from constant congestion and a dried out system no matter how much water I drink. I both sneeze and cough because of it. Some little gifts from Fibromyalgia. I'll do the best I can but I won't be apologetic for it but they might get a little "education."

Kind of hard to do when you don't have water.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Kind of hard to do when you don't have water.
    The little bottle of hydro-alcoholic solution seems to be the next best thing.
    Alcohol-based products, which pretty much includes all “disinfectant” products, contain a high-percentage alcohol solution (typically 60-80% ethanol) and kill viruses in a similar fashion. But soap is better because you only need a fairly small amount of soapy water, which, with rubbing, covers your entire hand easily. (Pall Thordarson)
    I bought one a long time ago and didn't use it. But, thanks to the alcohol in it, apparently, the product can be preserved for a long time.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Maybe one of the Krakoan drug can cure Coronavirus!?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Social distancing, and general keeping up with general hygiene are the big ones. I would say social distancing is vague enough that you might want to give yourself more specific rules to follow however:

Work from home if you have the option. Exercise indoors when possible, if you have to go for a walk/run keep your distance from people, but don't go to a gym. Try to have three weeks worth of food in your home at any given time, and only go out to buy additional items once a week (same day, time, and place ideally)*. If you get things delivered, tip them well and avoid contact. The correct number of people for a safe gathering is one (yourself), but naturally you might be living with other people so as long as they're playing it as safe as you are that should be fine. Don't play soccer with the boys.

*If this lasts as long as it probably will, if you follow this routine you will likely get to the point where you can easily skip weeks.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-22-2020 at 05:36 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Social distancing, and general keeping up with general hygiene are the big ones. I would say social distancing is vague enough that you might want to give yourself more specific rules to follow however:

Work from home if you have the option. Exercise indoors when possible, if you have to go for a walk/run keep your distance from people, but don't go to a gym. Try to have three weeks worth of food in your home at any given time, and only go out to buy additional items once a week (same day, time, and place ideally)*. If you get things delivered, tip them well and avoid contact. The correct number of people for a safe gathering is one (yourself), but naturally you might be living with other people so as long as they're playing it as safe as you are that should be fine. Don't play soccer with the boys.

*If this lasts as long as it probably will, if you follow this routine you will likely get to the point where you can easily skip weeks.
    Still no city wide quarantine where I live. But:
    Working from home office.
    Lot's of shops (except for example: TESCO, Auchan, Spar, etc...) closing after 3pm.
    Swimming pools, libraries, etc... are closed temporary.
    Keeping distance between people or in case of some shops, only 5 people allowed inside it at the same time.
    Free (limited) mobile net for everybody.
    Less people inside the buses and there is a cordon between the bus driver and the passengers.
    Only digital classes so every school building are empty.
    Etc... Etc...

So this is the first time for me being living during a global pandemic..
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 03-22-2020 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

My country right now is in Quarantine and I would want so say something : Dont panic.

Some people get in panic the first day of the quarantine where I live but the first week has been pretty normal. You just need a routine of washing your hands, be appart of others and stay in home all you can. We know that we will be in this situation some time so its just matter of time the adaptation to the new normal.

I took the phone number of my usual shop for home delivery… just in case.

It was written on the placard that, due to the circumstances, there was no mimum amount for free delivery.

Hello,

here is a video that summarizes how the coronavirus works and the things you can do to avoid contamination.

It's rather short and well done:

Last edited by Zelena; 03-26-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Talk about an over reaction. My town has cancelled the annual Lick Each Others Faces festival. I am really bummed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And Susan Storm, too… but all need to eat and touch objects.

The Healers should be able to heal themselves and be safe, I think.
    Wolverine and Deadpool should be able to survive poisoning of any kind of pathogen.

If Covid-19 did wash over the 616 MU, unchecked, the death rate would be 3% at worst so 3 Billion people would still survive anyway. It’s the panic, shutdowns/lock-ins, and hits to the economy in the MU that would cause so much social disruption that strong, powerful, countries would collapse and China would take over everything. Think about that as the next phase of the MU.