Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
I believe they would be, no, in fact everyone would be if they just built one from the ground up.
That was one of the things I loved about Naomi so much. Sure, there's some recognizable archetypes and tropes in there, but for the most part her story is all her own. She's not a thinly veiled Spider-Man, or a Bat or a Super or even a Flash. She's straight up original. And it's lovely.

Vibe and Sideways....there's problems with both. Vibe's original appearances....I've only actually read a handful, but damn are they awful. There's a well earned stink on the character, and while the New52 and CW have done a lot to redeem Vibe.....in the back of our heads, there's always gonna be that memory of him break dancing and saying "Wha'chu lookin' at?" that just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. And Sideways....okay, I love how unashamed New Age was of ripping off Marvel characters. I thought it was good fun, and a not bad business move at the time. But that's not a strong foundation for a real long-lasting IP that can grow into it's own self-sustaining franchise. It could've grown into its own thing with time (they all could've), but Sideways never got that.