View Poll Results: Who has the potential to achieve A-list status?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aztek

7 6.80%
  • Black Condor

1 0.97%
  • Black Orchid

3 2.91%
  • Blue Beetle

67 65.05%
  • El Diablo

5 4.85%
  • El Dorado

5 4.85%
  • Engineer

4 3.88%
  • Fire

11 10.68%
  • Firebrand

0 0%
  • Jessica Cruz

40 38.83%
  • Kyle Rayner

25 24.27%
  • Renee Montoya

20 19.42%
  • Sideways

9 8.74%
  • Vibe

17 16.50%
  • Other

7 6.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Going by the NRS pattern, Injustice 3 should be announced sometime this year and release next year (2021), although the corona virus might throw things off schedule. Jaime has a story reason to appear (formed the new JL) and he was a popular character, so I think he’ll return (fingers crossed).
    Ah okay, I didn't think I had missed an announcement, but you never know.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Beetle and Firestorm in that game, I hope they return.

As for YJ:Phantoms is the name of the 4th season for Young Justice.
    Sweet, I didn't know we had a name for season 4 yet. My son and I just finished re-watching season 3. Can't wait for 4! That show is the only place to find good Nightwing these days.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I really don't know these characters much, except Jessica Cruz, who is another Lantern.. I guess she has potential to be bigger than others because of her story and because she's a female Lantern, which is different. But she isn't that unique anymore.

I remember from Superfriends there was a latino superhero, is it Aztec?

I really want a latino superhero to be better known and famous with mainstream audiences, I'm sure latinos like me would love it, but the character/s needs a good story, origin and to appear in live action in a movie or well made show. If Ant Man can be famous, I'm sure a latino superhero can with quality material and a good push from DC and WB.

Sideways could be a backup Blue Beetle if you need it. They fill that same teenage everyman niche.

El Dorado was a bit of a mess but you could always sort him out. Another poster (Guicho I believe) wanted to consolidate all the Superfriend homages and that could work for El Dorado. Just have the YJ version be Edourdo's teenage years while the superfriend version would be his adult self.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really don't know these characters much, except Jessica Cruz, who is another Lantern.. I guess she has potential to be bigger than others because of her story and because she's a female Lantern, which is different. But she isn't that unique anymore.

I really want a latino superhero to be better known and famous with mainstream audiences, I'm sure latinos like me would love it, but the character/s needs a good story, origin and to appear in live action in a movie or well made show. If Ant Man can be famous, I'm sure a latino superhero can with quality material and a good push from DC and WB.
    That Latino superhero on Super Friends back in the day is El Dorado. He exists in the DCU isn’t really used much (last appeared in an El Diablo mini). Young Justice did reimagine him for the show though.

Yeah Jessica is great character who definitely has potential, hopefully DC doesn’t squander it, which they are in the habit of doing. No surpise that Jess and Jaime lead the poll.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

That Latino superhero on Super Friends back in the day is El Dorado. He exists in the DCU isn’t really used much (last appeared in an El Diablo mini). Young Justice did reimagine him for the show though.

Yeah Jessica is great character who definitely has potential, hopefully DC doesn’t squander it, which they are in the habit of doing. No surpise that Jess and Jaime lead the poll.
    I hear you..

And what was El Dorado's super power? I forgot, sorry haven't seen Superfriends in so long but grew up with it. Also, I don't watch YJ.

I hear you..

And what was El Dorado's super power? I forgot, sorry haven't seen Superfriends in so long but grew up with it. Also, I don't watch YJ.
    Super Strength (Super Friends; Comics)
    Flight (Comics)
    Invisibility (Super Friends)
    Teleportation (Super Friends; Young Justice)
    Telepathy (Super Friends)
    Illusion Manipulation (Super Friends)

His power set goes a little something like that. He’s OP in the a Super Friends cartoon, under developed power wise in the comics and growing into his powers on Young Justice (only has teleportation). I’m thinking he’ll grow into his powers in season 4.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Flight (Comics)

His power set goes a little something like that. He’s OP in the a Super Friends cartoon, under developed power wise in the comics and growing into his powers on Young Justice (only has teleportation). I’m thinking he’ll grow into his powers in season 4.
    I remember him and I gotta say I like this guys powerset a lot. Telepathy + Illusion is pretty big game especially the way his illusions were semi tangible or not just illusions.

However, the best part of this character is that all of his history, backstory relations? All relatively unwritten. In the comics that is, and he was notably missing from that Superfriends team in JLU from Cadmus the Ulitimen

He's in that Martian Manhunter/Captain Atom/Shazam/Icon Vein... he's a flying brick (so he's already won the superhero lottery) with X additional powers.

So in a few ways there's a lot of room for a writer to go HAM and having the benefits of knowing what works and doesn't work about books with superman expy's in them.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Flight (Comics)

Damn, this guy makes Martian Manhunter seem weak by comparison.

In the El Diablo mini series a while back, El Dorado was the leader of the Justice League of Mexico “Justica!”. It would make sense with all those powers that he’s basically the Superman of Mexico.

86397D67-64AD-4CC4-80C4-4301990FB673.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-06-2020 at 04:08 PM.

How do you mean?

Wonder if DC giving a Latino character a movie would help? Film does seem to be the kingmakers for comic book characters these days.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I remember him and I gotta say I like this guys powerset a lot. Telepathy + Illusion is pretty big game especially the way his illusions were semi tangible or not just illusions.

However, the best part of this character is that all of his history, backstory relations? All relatively unwritten. In the comics that is, and he was notably missing from that Superfriends team in JLU from Cadmus the Ulitimen

He's in that Martian Manhunter/Captain Atom/Shazam/Icon Vein... he's a flying brick (so he's already won the superhero lottery) with X additional powers.

So in a few ways there's a lot of room for a writer to go HAM and having the benefits of knowing what works and doesn't work about books with superman expy's in them.
    Yeah he has a ton of potential that has yet to be tapped into. You can easily tie him into Mayan and Aztec mythology, using Latino folklore (Mexican since he’s supposed to be Mexican). Tons of potential and hopefully someday someone will do something with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn, this guy makes Martian Manhunter seem weak by comparison.

In the El Diablo mini series a while back, El Dorado was the leader of the Justice League of Mexico “Justica!”. It would make sense with all those powers that he’s basically the Superman of Mexico.

86397D67-64AD-4CC4-80C4-4301990FB673.jpg
    Yeah I remember reading that issue and wanting to learn more about Justicia. Seems like a cool concept and there’s plenty of Latino superheroes that can be put on the team (Fire, Extraño, Vibe, Black Orchid, Blue Beetle...etc)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How do you mean?

Wonder if DC giving a Latino character a movie would help? Film does seem to be the kingmakers for comic book characters these days.
    Blue Beetle was rumored to have a movie in development but now I think it’s an HBO Max show that’s rumored! Hopefully it happens!

Blue Beetle was rumored to have a movie in development but now I think it’s an HBO Max show that’s rumored! Hopefully it happens!
    Fingers crossed.

I think it'd probably be a bigger benefit to give Jaime a kids' cartoon, if the goal is to raise his profile, but I'll definitely enjoy a HBO show a lot more than a kids' cartoon so I'm not gonna fight it.

El Dorado.....I dunno. I think you'd have to put a whole lot of work into him to make him work. Basically re-invent him from the ground up. I'd rather see that effort put into someone who's a little further ahead and just needs some quality stories, instead of fundamental world building. Jaime, Vibe, Sideways, Cruz.....even Fire seems to have more of a foundation.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Do any of the Latino heroes in DC’s roster of characters have the potential to become an A-list superhero? If so who and why? If not, then why?

Also who would you choose as DC’s premiere Latino character? Basically the one who will get the huge push in outside media and comics (ala Cyborg)?
    At this point Yolanda Montez (not on the list) is about to pounce - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4924438

Wildcat: Yolanda Montez (played by Yvette Monreal
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-07-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hard to say, the DCEU is not the MCU, and most of their movies have not been that successful.

I don't think that a movie that only does as well as Shazam or Birds of Prey would really give character much of a push.

Incredible Member

I voted for Pedro "Shazam!" Pena.

Incredible Member

Interesting concept, played for laughs, of course. However, I think it could be reworked...