Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kamala's direct market sales seemed to take a major hit after the relaunch and going into Civil War II.
That sounds right. The real question for her though, is what her digital and trade sales did, since that's apparently where she shined.

The current run has been doing demonstrably better by direct market standards then past volumes.
Good. I wonder how much of that is due to her larger media stuff (likely none, if she follows the usual trend) and how much is just higher quality. Volume 3 especially was a huge let-down despite having the strongest premise Carol has had.

Volume 3 was the one that introduced Alpha Flight station right?

I don't know if I'd say "minor," given he was front-and-center during Johns' JSA and that was a marquee book for DC at the time (with the legacy aspect of the character also being a major factor), but he was treated like an afterthought during the New 52.
Eh, maybe "minor" isn't the right word, but he wasnt headlining a solo or having major roles in events or anything. He had a strong role in JSA, but even with that book being a tentpole title during the Johns' era Holt himself was just one character of many. I think he's got a higher profile today than he did ten years ago. Still not a major profile, but he seems to be becoming more important and a bigger draw than he was. Which is great, Holt is one of DC's best characters from the last twenty-ish years.