Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Good catch. It's the MCU, not MU-616. So the Drac she meets in season five will be the wimpy version from her own verse, not 616 Drac. Yeah, I missed that.
    True, we don't know what MCU Dracula looks like.

In my opinion any Avenger should take her, the best chance she has is with Natasha and Natasha wins effortlessly if she gets a gun. The Initiative being a sub-group of SHIELD would be intriguing.

Buffy is effectively a Netflix level character and a low end one at that. She's not skilled enough to beat Matt or Danny but not in Luke or Jess strength level.

From what I understand she's roughly 1-2 tons which is impressive for joe schmoe but most of the characters are outclassing her.

I could see her turning up on a few episodes of AOS being a "low powered gifted whom deals with local mystical issues" with Vampires being monitored by SHIELD and her Apocalypses being low key **** that falls through the cracks after Strange is done. Her and Ghost Rider would be an awesome team up though.

Astonishing Member

She is rather trivial by Marvel standards. Some of her opponents might get noticed and wiped out fairly easily by higher level Marvel types. Her everyday vamps are just everyday nasties.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It was a reply. That's it. Fostering discussion and such. Sorry it offended you.
    Not offended. Sorry about that; on a second glance looks like I was too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He might take an interest in Sunnydale, since Buffy Dracula would be erased.
    Yeah not when he doesn't exist in the MCU he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Buffy's tv show is merged with the MCU. How do things go differently?
    So Sunnydale is in the MCU?

most of the stuff plays out the same roughly. and buffy has an easier time during certain events.

Some Buffy baddies wouldnt be noticed by most of the mcu guys, and others wouldnt get noticed because it's not their forte to deal with magical beings/demons.

Dr. Strange or the ancient one would probably know about hellmouths and would teamup with buffy and willow or handle it themselves.

The mayor was subtle enough to fly under the radar, same for the master. their fate does not change.
    Adam gets wrecked if he is making too much noise.
    Glorificus is a major threat, and the stakes are high, but Dr. Strange notices her at a certain point and she gets taken care of. His whole thing is keeping an eye out for magical threats, and a hellgod rampaging in a small town trying to merge all dimensions would be high on his threat list.
    The Trio might not even fixate on Buffy, which results in Dark Willow never happening. The robotics guy would fit well at stark industries. or honestly making billions with his sex robots..

Incredible Member

If the Buffyverse exists in the MCU, does this mean that The Initiative was a SHIELD operation? I bet that Nick Fury covered *that* **** up nice and tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Buffy is effectively a Netflix level character and a low end one at that. She's not skilled enough to beat Matt or Danny but not in Luke or Jess strength level.

From what I understand she's roughly 1-2 tons which is impressive for joe schmoe but most of the characters are outclassing her.

I could see her turning up on a few episodes of AOS being a "low powered gifted whom deals with local mystical issues" with Vampires being monitored by SHIELD and her Apocalypses being low key **** that falls through the cracks after Strange is done. Her and Ghost Rider would be an awesome team up though.
    Buffy would destroy MCU Matt or Danny. Danny has a shot at winning due to the Ironfist, but it should be rather evident to dodge the glowing fist instead of try to tank it.Buffy could take a few depending on what level Danny is throwing them out at too.

I'm assuming you were refering to Danny prior to when he lost the fist and had guns in the last minute of the finale.

Edit: If buffy gets the scythe, I'd give her wins over Luke Cage too. As for her place in MCU, I think Dr. Strange intially tries to discourage her from doing stuff and drama issues.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 03-17-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Buffy would destroy MCU Matt or Danny. Danny has a shot at winning due to the Ironfist, but it should be rather evident to dodge the glowing fist instead of try to tank it.Buffy could take a few depending on what level Danny is throwing them out at too.

I'm assuming you were refering to Danny prior to when he lost the fist and had guns in the last minute of the finale.

Edit: If buffy gets the scythe, I'd give her wins over Luke Cage too. As for her place in MCU, I think Dr. Strange intially tries to discourage her from doing stuff and drama issues.
    Buffys stronger but Matt is much more skilled

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post

That scythe wouldn't come close to cutting Luke's skin. Pre-powerup, the dude got hit with a rocket launcher and was unscathed.

Buffy isn't taking the level of fist that trivially knocks what looks like a lightweight bank vault down, or the level that clocks the hell out of Luke. And, though he constantly forgets it, Danny can massively amp his reflexes with his chi, to the point where he's legit blitzing Buffy. He's also a lot more skilled than she is.

Matt is ALSO much faster than Buffy (trivially catching arrows out of the sky while distracted, bouncing around the inside of a swerving taxi, trying to save Elektra and talking to Stick). He's also much more skilled. It would take him a while to beat her down, but that would definitely be the result.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not offended. Sorry about that; on a second glance looks like I was too aggressive.
    No worries :-)
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Luke's skin. Pre-powerup, the dude got hit with a rocket launcher and was unscathed.
    I'm pretty sure Luke dodged the rocket launcher and it hit the wall behind him bringing down the building. Was there another instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Luke dodged the rocket launcher and it hit the wall behind him bringing down the building. Was there another instance?
    You might be correct, but even that, a falling brick building in Harlem, is a HELL of a lot more oomph than Buffy can put out, even with the scythe.

Luke, post power up, completely ignored an exploding grenade held tightly between his hands. He also took an Iron Fist straight to the palm of his hand and the end result was an AoE shockwave that damaged everything BUT him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

You might be correct, but even that, a falling brick building in Harlem, is a HELL of a lot more oomph than Buffy can put out, even with the scythe.
    Oh absolutely, she has no business fighting Luke.