9 18.75%
  • Nope. Can't get past Tyler Hoechlin's Supes getting pooped on by Supergirl

1 2.08%
  • Shoot. Missed opportunity for Brandon Routh

0 0%
  • Grrr. I wanted MOS 2 and got this as a consolation prize

2 4.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I mean as much as I agree with you that this show has a lot of potential to go off the rails, kids getting more attention than Kal, stuff like that - I have no idea what you mean about "keeping the producers in line". What are we gonna do if something happens we don't like, tweet at 'em and hope they do better next season?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Until the whole Cavill thing is sorted out, I don't think we should get our hopes up for another movie anytime soon. So this might be what we're getting for the time being. I think we need to follow this carefully and try to keep the producers in line. Something like this can be fun but it can also go Riverdale very quickly as well. I don't mind the boys getting attention on the show but let's not let them get in the way of the Superman stuff.
    If you mean drama and romance by superman stuff. I would rather the kids get the attention. Then again, it's cw and the kids are teens from the get go. The show is gonna be all about those irrelevant, pointless nonsense. The best thing about jon as a character was he didn't have to deal with that. Jon was much more focused as a character than superman, currently. Jon is about action and adventure, zero drama .I hope this show actually has something to say.

Another thing is comedy superman requires a different kind of humour than quips.He needs the old silent movies approach and slapstick .

People say batman is cool,that's because batman is treated as the genuine badass. Superman is lame because he is treated like a lame character in outside media. A guy who wear underwear on the outside and does drama/romance .Even lois is lame and that is the furthest thing thing the character should be. She should be a genuine badass who looks for trouble and gets into them.

Personally, overall i would rather see series that's stylised in its approach and takes inspirations from old westerns and samurai movies, animes, games.. Etc.There is a tasteful way of doing romance and drama. People who adapt superman doesn't even do that for me.At the end of the day i am just tired of superman content that's mediocre and boring at best. Stop treating character like he is boring.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'll check out the pilot, and if it seems like it will be interesting, I'll certainly check out the first few episodes. After the misfire of SyFy's Krypton and the diminishing returns of Supergirl, I'm definitely onboard for a solid Superman show these days.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I mean as much as I agree with you that this show has a lot of potential to go off the rails, kids getting more attention than Kal, stuff like that - I have no idea what you mean about "keeping the producers in line". What are we gonna do if something happens we don't like, tweet at 'em and hope they do better next season?
    Haha, yeah people have an inflated sense of self. The producers are going to make the show they want, and if it isn't successful they'll just move on.

I'd imagine the CW barely has the budget to show Superman in a costume that wasn't half off at Spirit Halloween, so you can bet that he's going to take 100% of a backseat to generic CW teenage drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Haha, yeah people have an inflated sense of self. The producers are going to make the show they want, and if it isn't successful they'll just move on.

I'd imagine the CW barely has the budget to show Superman in a costume that wasn't half off at Spirit Halloween, so you can bet that he's going to take 100% of a backseat to generic CW teenage drama.
    I'd say there's a fine line between fan entitlement and trying to get your squeaky wheels greased. In animation circles, I've seen both examples. Fans complained that Superman was too weak in the initial season of Justice League, and that issue got fixed. I guess the sardonic suggestion of going on Twitter and @-ing the showrunners falls closer to the entitlement sector.

I think it looks good. I LOVE Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. The heroism, warmth and humour he displays as Superman is exactly what I think Superman should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'll check out the pilot, and if it seems like it will be interesting, I'll certainly check out the first few episodes. After the misfire of SyFy's Krypton and the diminishing returns of Supergirl, I'm definitely onboard for a solid Superman show these days.
    Disagree on Krypton, I loved that show! Shame we'll never get closure.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree on Krypton, I loved that show! Shame we'll never get closure.
    I just couldn't get into any of the characters on the show. There wasn't a single person I was interested in following week to week.

Brainiac seemed cool and I liked their Zod though

Incredible Member

The premise alone is enough to drive me away but the added fact that Hoechilin has no presence with the character what so ever and most of supermans support cast is already dead or gone to another show drives me further away. At least the show has perry which I thought wouldn't happen but all this and the teen romance drama tone has been done to death with superman on TV and just doesn't excite me at all.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So it sounds like that leaked script might have been legit:

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...is-characters/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So it sounds like that leaked script might have been legit:

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...is-characters/
    Starting to suspect spoilers:
    the alternate Luthor is going to be the show’s version of Alexander Luthor. He wears armor, his world was destroyed by crisis.
    end of spoilers Either way looks like besides the leads, they are recasting characters that supergirl already used.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Are these guys going for lana, lois and clark triangle nonsense? Why? Lois is more than shipping nonsense.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Are these guys going for lana, lois and clark triangle nonsense? Why? Lois is more than shipping nonsense.
    Wouldn't be CW if they didn't, unfortunately. Although they usually reserve that kind of crap for the kids.
    Assassinate Putin!

I voted iffy even though I am looking forward to this. It’s the only live action Superman we’re getting for the foreseeable future and I’d much rather have this than any continuation of Cavill. I would rather this show be in Metropolis but I’m also intrigued by the script indicating they’re going to actually talk about the state of Middle America in the modern day instead of Norman Rockwelling it. Not really excited about the supposed Lana/Lois/Clark love triangle or the alternate Lex being the main bad guy but I’m still willing to give this show a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I just couldn't get into any of the characters on the show. There wasn't a single person I was interested in following week to week.

Brainiac seemed cool and I liked their Zod though
    To each their own. Personally I loved the Zod women, and Nyssa became better and better as the series progressed.