• Nope. Can't get past Tyler Hoechlin's Supes getting pooped on by Supergirl

1 2.08%
  • Shoot. Missed opportunity for Brandon Routh

0 0%
  • Grrr. I wanted MOS 2 and got this as a consolation prize

2 4.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To each their own. Personally I loved the Zod women, and Nyssa became better and better as the series progressed.
    I loved Krypton too. The writing and acting were strong, especially for the villains and the Zod family. Seg was good too, and only got better. Doomsday backstory was really good I think and unexpected. So disapponted this show ended so soon.

The only thing I didn't like was Lyta being Seg's true love. It felt so wrong. Nyssa should have been the one. Lobo was also annoying to me. Not sure it was the actor or the writing/direction.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To each their own. Personally I loved the Zod women, and Nyssa became better and better as the series progressed.
    I'm sorry, I've been informed that, by the rules of the internet, we aren't technically allowed to respectfully disagree about something online. One of us must be wrong and we must endlessly fight about it until one of us gives up or gets banned.

I hereby challenge you to a meme duel at dawn. Thank you.

One stray thought I've had - while watching Supergirl, at least during the early seasons, I was frequently struck with annoyance that the action sequences would frequently involve Kara messing up or struggling in some major way, that sometimes seemed like she should have been able to avoid pretty easily?

I'm hoping that Jon and Jor will absorb some of that seemingly mandated incompetence, leaving Superman himself as hypercompetent during fights and rescues, worthy of the legacy and renown he's clearly got.

I'd maybe also hope that they might suck up some of the "forced drama" and "acting dumb to other characters for no reason" energy that CW shows always seem to suffer from, but, er, I think that's way too much to ask!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    One stray thought I've had - while watching Supergirl, at least during the early seasons, I was frequently struck with annoyance that the action sequences would frequently involve Kara messing up or struggling in some major way, that sometimes seemed like she should have been able to avoid pretty easily?

I'm hoping that Jon and Jor will absorb some of that seemingly mandated incompetence, leaving Superman himself as hypercompetent during fights and rescues, worthy of the legacy and renown he's clearly got.

I'd maybe also hope that they might suck up some of the "forced drama" and "acting dumb to other characters for no reason" energy that CW shows always seem to suffer from, but, er, I think that's way too much to ask!
    I think this works for most any superhero. There were lots of times with the 1990s Lois and Clark and with Smallville in that why didn't Superman/Clark just do this or that. One of the few smart moves was on Lois and
    Clark where Superman was fighting Metallo and couldn't defeat him on the ground, so Superman just rose up into the air where Metallo couldn't reach him and melted Metallo's feet, trapping Metallo in place.
    And look how many times Flash ignored the fact he has super speed and can easily avoid the villain. So I can pretty well be assured that this Superman will get trapped in a situation he could easily avoid by remembering
    one of his powers. I can see why though. If Superman or Supergirl or Flash remembered how one of their powers could just defeat the villain in 1/2 a second then where is the spectacle? In some ways having almost
    no budget worked to the advantage of 1950s Adventures of Superman. Superman would bust through a wall and knock heads together and that was that. Because they didn't have the money for long, drawn out fights.