Spectacular Member

Default Tanya the Evil vs Lina Inverse

Anime versions of both. We're gonna assume Lina doesn't default to her most powerful spells off the bat, though. They fight in the desert where Goku first fought Vegeta. They start 100 meters apart. Win is by KO and they both have standard equipment.

BONUS ROUND: Existence X vs Lord of Nightmares

How fast is Tanya? Because Lina can instantly freeze Tanya in place with a shadow snap then pelt her with low elemental spells or just start spamming heavy black magic

And how powerful is Existence? You need someone like TOAA to even effectively stalemate her
    Last edited by Kuro; 03-15-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Spectacular Member

While I hate to be that guy, here's a respect thread for Tanya.

And Existence X might be just a wee bit outmatched there.

Gah…. been ages, but doesn't Lina's flight spell prevent casting other magic?

That said, with a 100 meters starting distance, I think Tanya has a chance to get airborne and away from Lina before Lina can pin Tanya down. After that, well, Tanya has better feats for long-distance aerial sniping than Lina. Simply put, Lina doesn't operate at the same engagement ranges that Tanya does.

I should note, if Lina wasn't barred from her best stuff out the gate, then Tanya is probably getting Dragon Slave'd. If memory serves, that's also one of the spells shown to block incoming spellfire while it is being cast, so no blitzes during the chant.

100 feet rather than meters things get a bit iffier. Lina has a fair turn of speed, and some of her spells like Maxima Bombardo (?) is a magical shotgun with normal mages' fireballs as the pellets. I also think Lina is more likely to nail her trap and stun spells at that distance.

And while I think it is obvious, I'll go ahead and state it. Tanya does not want to engage in CQC with Lina. Tanya is a strong 11-year-old with soldier training. Lina is a full grown woman trained as an adventurer who gets into fights with werewolves and knights and giant fish and dragons. She is good with her sword and dagger, and she's used to using them to take out stragglers after she smashes a bandit camp by herself. Tanya lets Lina get into hand-to-hand range and Tanya is going to lose all her teeth.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How powerful was Ray Wing's forcefield again? I seem to recall someone using it to tank at least a glancing blow from a Dragu Slave, which seems to be way out of Tanya's paygrade, from the little I've seen of her.

Spectacular Member

Revisiting some Slayers scenes, I've realized Tanya is grossly overmatched here. Lina is a different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist Norrin View Post
    Revisiting some Slayers scenes, I've realized Tanya is grossly overmatched here. Lina is a different beast.
    Yeah, The only advantage Tanya has here over Lina is aerial maneuverability. Even without her strongest spells, spells like Blast Bomb, Rune Flare, Damu Bras, etc are more than enough to penetrate Tanya's mana barriers, especially since she still has her Blood Ruby Talismans (which are spell amplification devices).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!