Default Darwyn Cooke's Spider-Man

Brian Cronin wrote about Darwyn Cooke's Valentine's Day issue of Tangled Web.

https://www.cbr.com/2020-ids-of-march/

And this made me realize that we do not have a discussion for Darwyn Cooke's two issues of Tangled Web, which were really good. That Valentines Day one would've functioned really well as the first issue of a Spider-Man run. Which Cronin recognizes by wanting to see the new characters brought back.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Some of my favorite issues ever were these two stories Darwyn Cooke did. All around great comics made by somebody who really got it. I've heard the Spider-Man by way of Archie comparison before for these books, I feel like I can see it with the way these books focus on a pretty big cast of characters going about their day, I wish we'd get more like them.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

As far as I'm remember, this issues are the one of the few issues that Darywn Cooke did with the Marvel right?

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    As far as I'm remember, this issues are the one of the few issues that Darywn Cooke did with the Marvel right?
    He did draw an issue of X-Force, joining Milligan and Allred. That was also very good. I think he did a Wolverine/Doop mini series as well, at least the covers for sure. We're fortunate he did some Spidey!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    He did draw an issue of X-Force, joining Milligan and Allred. That was also very good. I think he did a Wolverine/Doop mini series as well, at least the covers for sure. We're fortunate he did some Spidey!
    Cooke also did a story for Ant-Man in Marvel Double-Shot #3 (2003):

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Shame the Spider-Man stuff isn't enough for a TPB.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Shame the Spider-Man stuff isn't enough for a TPB.
    I think Marvel could collect all the Darwyn Cooke's work and sell them as TPB. Like naming something like "Darwyn Cooke's best work in Marvel".

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I think Marvel could collect all the Darwyn Cooke's work and sell them as TPB. Like naming something like "Darwyn Cooke's best work in Marvel".
    ...or even Marvel Visionaries: Darwyn Cooke.